PDA

View Full Version : Best driver set for EVGA GTX570 and FSX?

OleBoy
October 1st, 2011, 10:59
I'm in the midst of a complete fresh install of Windows 7 (and FSX) and I would like some feedback on the best version for video drivers if anyone cares to share.

I've read good about the latest for FSX use, so I Currently have installed version 280.26

Meshman
October 1st, 2011, 13:23
Curious also, as I have a 560 shipping from Newegg that will get installed next week. Pretty sure Win7 will also replace the existing XP64 at that time. A couple of fun days at the computer desk!

OleBoy
October 3rd, 2011, 11:32
The version 280.26 drivers are doing well, aside from a slight fluidity affect while in spot view while panning. I'm not sure what to change in the video card, nVidia Inspector, or FSX to make it go away. Any suggestions are appreciated.

As a step backwards I downloaded the v175 drivers to try later.

Meshman
October 3rd, 2011, 16:19
I'll look for the 280.26 driver. Card s/b here Thursday and I'll be working on Win7 and FSX for a "few" days.

I was never one to go for every release on drivers and don't think I've changed since I built the box with XP back early in 2010.

OleBoy
October 5th, 2011, 17:16
After reading a post here in the forums last night related to drivers, particularly version 280.26, and that this driver set raises hell with the video cards, even ruins them, I decided to install them, and install version 270.61. The nVidia driver sets come with their own uninstall program built in so it's all automatic. Problem is, now the version 270.61 drivers will not install due to something about the 3D vision related files that are apparently still on my PC.

I'm hoping someone with more knowledge can help me sort out my troubles so I can get the version 270.61 drivers installed.

Anyone?

Roger
October 5th, 2011, 17:25
OB,
Search for driver sweeper (I think Guru 3D have it) and remove all Nvidia products. If you use Nvidia Inspector or the standard Nvidia control panel, make a "Print screen" copy of these settings for later.

OleBoy
October 5th, 2011, 17:33
Thank you Roger, I will give it a try. I tried for a couple hours last night to fix this, but I finally got frustrated and went to bed!!

olaf1924
October 5th, 2011, 17:50
ole boy I am using the 280 driver for my asus 460 card and so far I have had no problems. The way I get rid of the old driver is I delete all the nvidia folders. The first is listed on the c drive. The second is found under programs x86 and the last is appdata roaming. I am also using vista 64bit for my os.

OleBoy
October 5th, 2011, 17:58
Roger, thanks again. Your discretion led me to get the old drivers uninstalled frustration free :ernae:
Olaf....thank you for coming to my aid also. I appreciate your willingness to help!!

Problem solved!! :guinness:

OleBoy
October 5th, 2011, 18:34
Issue resolved :)