PDA

View Full Version : Finally! Reverse thrust activated with Saitek throttle quadrant

Warrant
September 28th, 2011, 14:23
I succeded in succesfully programming my Saitek Throttle Quadrant to also support reverse thrust.
Since my old Saitek Throttle Quadrant started to goof up my throttle movements i decided to replace the unit....with the same type.
Today i received the new unit, and noticed this quadrant now has a USB-connector (my old one has a bus-type connector).
After starting FSX i noticed all settings were gone, but that had a reason. The Saitek Throttle Quadrant is no longer integrated in the Fligh Yoke, but a separate entry under settings.
I looked up the "Throttle (decrease quickly)" setting (the F2 key by default), and also assigned the throttle axis in full back position (available as button 7 for this device) with the same action. I moved the slider in the "Repeat" collumn to the far right.

The result is that i now have a fully functional reverse thrust action by using the throttle quadrant.
I have tried this a million times with my old quadrant, but it failed always.

Perhaps old news to you guy's, but for those who do not have this ability yet.....thought i'd share.

:wavey:

AndyE1976
September 28th, 2011, 16:28
That's interesting, I'd be interested to know whether this would work with the CH throttle quadrant as well - might have to give that a try.

roger-wilco-66
September 28th, 2011, 23:18
Thanks, Warrant! I have a double USB Saitek throttle setup and I'll try that!
I once had a mixed setup with the bus type throttle for the yoke and a usb throttle, and that didn't work very well together (mildly put).

Cheers,
Mark