PDA

View Full Version : SkyUnlimited Hurricane for FSX???

ianroussel
September 28th, 2011, 13:28
I have resently purchased the above and found that the prop disk makes auto gen scenery and clouds invisible I have contacted the suport 3 time at Sky unlimited but never received a reply. Can any one help with this please? it is as if the modle is not sutible for FSX at all but an FS9 aircraft, I have tried swaping the prop texture for one from a proper FSX aircraft (new A2A Spitfire), but no change4915349154

RobH
September 28th, 2011, 16:32
ianroussel,

It's been a while since I had mine installed, however I don't recall the prop being a problem when I had it installed.

When you installed the Hurricane, did the installer give you the option of installing for FS9 or FSX? If so, you did install for FSX right?

stiz
September 28th, 2011, 23:04
] it is as if the modle is not sutible for FSX at all but an FS9 aircraft [/SIZE]

"By SkyUnlimited for FSX (FS9 Port Over) and FS2004"

^^ said on the sales page at sky unlimited ... in otherwords, its not fixable as its an FS9 model.

ianroussel
September 28th, 2011, 23:09
Shouldn't be sold as FSX at all then

AussieMan
November 17th, 2011, 16:39
My model gave me the choice of installing as FS9 or FSX.

Dev One
November 17th, 2011, 23:35
Do you have SP2 or Acceleration loaded? I found that SP2 removed prop disc problems.
Keith

ianroussel
November 23rd, 2011, 07:31
Do you have SP2 or Acceleration loaded? I found that SP2 removed prop disc problems.
Keith
yes I do. I think Skysim should remove the add saying it can be used on FSX untill they update the model

elmoslack
March 6th, 2012, 05:45
Hi all
I agree with the Ian's comments. I bought the SU Hurricane pack because it said FSX compatible....installed the FSX version (I run Acceleration) and yes, my prop does a "David Blaine" on autogen and scenery when when viewed through it.
I think it is remiss of SU to sell this product at fully FSX compatible and should have the decency to issue a fix. Anyone else think so?

Elmo

ianroussel
March 6th, 2012, 11:19
I followed to instructions to the letter and selected FSX version, and I also have SP2 and Acceleration loaded. The fact is that the product is not fit for use, nor is SUs' Customer Care, or lack of. Best not to buy any SU product until they are usable