PDA

View Full Version : Firefox update

deKoven
September 27th, 2011, 13:36
Hmm, Firefox v7.0 just came online. Haven't even tried it yet. News at 11:00 :medals:

SpitXIV
September 27th, 2011, 16:07
I had their Beta V7.0 version and went back to Google chrome. Too many spam mails. I guess it's just
what you're used to.

lefty
September 28th, 2011, 04:54
I would hold off, chaps. At this rate, Firefox 8 is sure to be along next week.................:bump:

(and they get worse with each rebuild)

SpitXIV
September 28th, 2011, 05:28
I would hold off, chaps. At this rate, Firefox 8 is sure to be along next week.................:bump:

(and they get worse with each rebuild)

Like going from Vista to windows 7, they haven't worked the bugs out of vista yet.

AndyG43
September 28th, 2011, 05:38
I had their Beta V7.0 version and went back to Google chrome. Too many spam mails. I guess it's just
what you're used to.

That was my latest Firefox update as well - remove Firefox & replace it with Chrome!!

Tim-HH
September 28th, 2011, 06:21
Opera (http://www.opera.com/browser/) is also a great alternative!

Greetings
Tim

Moparmike
September 28th, 2011, 06:33
Hmm, Firefox v7.0 just came online. Haven't even tried it yet. News at 11:00 :medals:

FF7 repairs the memory leak that 6 had. You could close tabs but the memory wouldn't free up until you closed the entire browser...acts a lot like Chrome. :icon_lol:
I'm running FF7 here on one machine with no problems and the memory leak is plugged.

Now, if you can get NoScript and CertPatrol for the other browsers then I'll consider using them more...

aeronca1
September 28th, 2011, 07:19
Hmmmm... 6.02 here and it says that it's up to date. Thunderbird updated to 7 earlier this morning, so maybe Firefox 7 has been withdrawn for some reason after being out for a short time.....

Dain Arns
September 28th, 2011, 08:27
Hmmmm... 6.02 here and it says that it's up to date. Thunderbird updated to 7 earlier this morning, so maybe Firefox 7 has been withdrawn for some reason after being out for a short time.....

It's right here: http://www.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/new/

aeronca1
September 28th, 2011, 08:33
It's right here: http://www.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/new/

Thank you! I meant when you do Help/About, you can check if there is an update available. As of a few seconds ago, 6.02 is still being described as up to date, so maybe 7 is still a release candidate. Thunderbird updated to 7 using the Help/About method, so likely Firefox will come through later today. Funny though, Firefox "usually" is updated before Thunderbird....

Willy
September 28th, 2011, 22:29
FF 3. something here. Just updated it yesterday or so. Works great for me and if it aint broke, I'm not fixing it.

Moparmike
September 29th, 2011, 06:16
Thank you! I meant when you do Help/About, you can check if there is an update available. As of a few seconds ago, 6.02 is still being described as up to date, so maybe 7 is still a release candidate. Thunderbird updated to 7 using the Help/About method, so likely Firefox will come through later today. Funny though, Firefox "usually" is updated before Thunderbird....

Yup, the automatic update announcement for FF7 came in on one of my other computers this morning. I'll probably keep that one at 6.0.2 a while though.

Like Willy, FF3 users be sure to roll the latest update (3.6.23) for it in as well. It keeps the security updates current but still lets you stick with the FF3 platform.
FF3 will get dropped off the support list eventually but it's still maintained for now.
Nothing wrong with it...it works fine unless you're wanting to start fiddling with the HTML5 stuff.