PDA

View Full Version : My Dumb Cat.....or?

Daveroo
September 25th, 2011, 14:02
ok...so im at my folks house watching the 49ers game and switching to the nascar race,,i left my RV door open so the cat,a 16 year old torticeshell could come outside if she wanted to,i noticed that the box had had a bit of activity in it last night,but felt it would be ok until later,i normally change it once a night before bed.she got fresh water,new dry food,and a spoonfull of "treat",which is normal,and i headed to my folks for the game and lunch,
im there about 20 minutes and Haley,sweet lil thing she is,,is at the slider at my folks litterally screaming,,,not meowing loud,,or yowling...but screaming/screching....the nieghbor up the hill called and asked if she was ok cause they could hear her inside theyre house....i let her in ..i usume she wants a love as something must have happened and she bites me on the foot as soon as shes in the door and she runs down the hall...then proceeeds to terrorise my mom in the sewing room...yowling and hissing and slapping at her...im thinking to myself...when was the last rabies shot???she runs down the hallway as fast as her old bones could get her...which was hilarious to see in itself...and out she goes and she ran right to the rv.....

an hour later shes back and screeching again.....this time she just sat next to me on the floor at my folks and yowled at me....for an hour..couldnt do anything to console her.....kick her out and shes rightback doing it again....

now remember..shes OUTSIDE going between the rv and the house...well i get tired of the yowling (accualy my mom kicked me out) and i came out to the rv..deided to clean the catbox and the little chit went up...while im bent over cleaning it..and used it.....that entire episode was cause she needed a number 2 and wanted a clean box,,,wouldnt go outside like normal cats.....

about a week ago...i get awoken at 3am with yowling,,again its the inconsolable type....i cleaned the box,clean the waterbowl and put in BOTTLED water,new food and a treat....gave her catnip...mistake....i finally carried her (naked) at 3:30am to my folks and dumped her into theyre house.....i wasnt into my rv yet and my mom was at the door screamin at me to get my sorry a@@ back and get my cat or we would be having a speacial kind of o'derve the next day

AndyG43
September 25th, 2011, 15:28
Sounds highly strung. She's not 'in bread' is she?

aeromed202
September 25th, 2011, 20:08
I've found that animals are like infants. When they act distressed and no reason is obvious you go down the list, hot-cold-hungry-gassy-illness-etc. They can't talk so you have to be pretty thorough. I would recommend getting this one to a vet soon. Could be something causing occasional pain like kidney stones or a bowel obstruction so should be checked into.

Toastmaker
September 26th, 2011, 14:25
Aeromed's right. Bizzar behavior, out of character howling, etc., especially in cats is a signal that something is wrong. . . often serious.

:running:

strikehawk
September 26th, 2011, 16:16
Along with what Areomed listed is a urinary tract infection which with a cat is very serious. I have cats since grade school and according to an ex, I may not have a constant girlfriend but I always had a cat, so what you describe is not normal. If the vet is still open run the poor thing there and have her looked at or you'll have a quite place to live but a lonely one.

Hope you cat is just going through a phase and not in real distress.

Daveroo
September 26th, 2011, 17:46
well i thought it was cause she is spiolt,,but yall scared me so i took her to the vet this afternoon,,vet sees nothing wrong,did some blood work..will hear about that in a few days,told the vet about the bit about cleaning her box and she shut up and napped,left me alone..the vet laughed said...shes spoiled.....tonight i was at the folks for dinner....here comes haley howling and yowling,i followed her back to the rv,,gave her food and water,cleaned out the box and she has been asleep since.......nothing wrong..just spoiled

HouseHobbit
September 26th, 2011, 18:00
Yea, I'd say very spoiled..:icon_lol: :icon_lol: :icon_lol:
I do understand, "Her Highness" Here is also very vocal at times..:icon_lol: :icon_lol: :icon_lol:

strikehawk
September 27th, 2011, 15:24
Glad to hear she's just spoiled. Cats are very peculiar creatures, all the attributes of a diva but only half the maintenance costs. When my wife first moved into my apartment I told her that there are three rules that are to be followed, no exceptions,

1) the ambient air temp will be kept at a constant 70 in the summer and 80 in the winter ( the way the place set I was insulated on three sides and the overhead, monthly electricity 50-60$)

2) the water in the bathroom sink is to be left to trickle

3) the cats take precedence over anyone else, and rules 2&3 are for the comfort and convenience of the cats.

I once was given the choice by my new girlfriend "me or the cat", I told here to lock the door on the way out and the cats lived here she was a guest. I made the better choice, the cat was with me for another 16 years.

Toastmaker
September 27th, 2011, 15:47
Well, glad she's ok. Didn't mean to scare you but only concerned about the signs being manifested -

:running:

SpitXIV
September 27th, 2011, 15:54
I've found that animals are like infants. When they act distressed and no reason is obvious you go down the list, hot-cold-hungry-gassy-illness-etc. They can't talk so you have to be pretty thorough. I would recommend getting this one to a vet soon. Could be something causing occasional pain like kidney stones or a bowel obstruction so should be checked into.

True, cats do get Urinary tract infections, one is called Feline urinary syndrome, what happens is the urine turns into a crystal and the cat can't go. My wife and I one with it, and what you have to do is give him\her pills for it
the pills break up the crystals. unfortunately the cat that had it just disappeared and was never seen again. Susan named
him that when he was little. I love cats because you don't have to take them outside at ungodly hours. It sure hurts
when you lose them death etc...