PDA

View Full Version : Faux Pas

Slaine
September 24th, 2011, 11:06
Hello all,

After a lengthy sabatical from CFS3 I've blown the dust off my disc and fired up ETO and started trawling the forums again. Nice to see a lot of familiar names still here. I've downloaded the Atlantic Wall pack and all the add ons but I've made a mistake installing something and now I'm stuck in Era 2 Battle of Britain. I suspect it was the installation of the historial missions into their different folders. I made sure I had started ETO in era 1 before I did anything but should I have started it up in era 2 when installing era 2 maps and era 3 with era 3 maps etc ? Silly thing is I've done the difficult bit putting new skins on planes but messed up the easy bit.....lol. Is it fixable ?

As a treat I even wangled a new joystick and a MK1 JustFlight Spitfire on the credit card.... ssshhh... mum's the word eh ?

Thanks for any help guys

Led Zeppelin
September 24th, 2011, 23:47
Perhaps you had an open folder when you ran ETO era sswapper so it was unable to rename it.

Check your folders and rename the one that is not correct, I had the problem a couple of time.

HouseHobbit
September 25th, 2011, 00:22
Welcome back.. There is Much rejoicing..:applause:

Slaine
September 25th, 2011, 04:22
Perhaps you had an open folder when you ran ETO era sswapper so it was unable to rename it.

Ah yes. I did have the main ETO folder open when I fired up the game. Can you please tell me what the folders should be called ? I have 1943_missions, 1944 and 1945. I've also got bob_missions but the other one is just called missions. Is this correct ?

Tailwind
September 25th, 2011, 06:08
Ah yes. I did have the main ETO folder open when I fired up the game. Can you please tell me what the folders should be called ? I have 1943_missions, 1944 and 1945. I've also got bob_missions but the other one is just called missions. Is this correct ?

Hello

Looks like the era files are corrupt. Have a look in the main game folder for the documentation files for ETO. In there are the instructions on how to run ORIFS re-instal

Have a read and give it a shot

Hope this helps

TW

Slaine
September 25th, 2011, 07:10
Okay I'll give it a go. Will I have to back up any extra aircrarft, weapons, guns, ships or facilities that I've installed or will it just over-ride missions and spawns ?

Tailwind
September 25th, 2011, 08:18
Hello

Yes backup anything not stock in your game.

Cheers

TW

Slaine
September 25th, 2011, 09:03
Thankfully the lesser of the two evils worked and by renaming one of the folders back to 1936_missions all is good again. Didn't fancy my chances with the ORIFS malarky !!

Thanks for all your help guys.