PDA

View Full Version : FSX Default F18

Aircanuck
September 24th, 2011, 08:07
Morning everyone,

Could someone please help me locate the landing gear tweak which dropped the stance of the a/c while on the ground to a more normal level attitude from its present tail in the air ready to go look !!

Cheers for now

Aircanuck

heywooood
September 24th, 2011, 08:20
here tis...
http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/showthread.php?39634-Sludge-Hornet-%28collection-of-mods-for-Acceleration-F-A-18%29

(http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/showthread.php?39634-Sludge-Hornet-%28collection-of-mods-for-Acceleration-F-A-18%29)

mbmorgan
September 24th, 2011, 08:20
Morning everyone,

Could someone please help me locate the landing gear tweak which dropped the stance of the a/c while on the ground to a more normal level attitude from its present tail in the air ready to go look !!

Cheers for now

Aircanuck

I suspect that if you look in the following places, you'll eventually find what you're looking for:

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/forumdisplay.php?55-Acceleration

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php?PHPSESSID=ljjt7jve1q339lcvml8f95ugj3&board=4.0

M (http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php?PHPSESSID=ljjt7jve1q339lcvml8f95ugj3&board=4.0)ike (Edit ... Rats! heywooood typed his reply faster than mine)

heywooood
September 24th, 2011, 08:31
and that NEVER happens lol

anyone interested in improving the default F-18A need look no further than the Sludge modifications

please read the entire thread and you will be able to determine whether to install it or not

if you elect to go - please read the installation instructions beforehand

this file will also fix the stance as well as improve the cockpit lighting on top of the other referenced enhancements and improvements

* the standalone landing gear stance file made the plane crouch on the ground, but had catastrophic affect on the carrier landing aspect...the Bug would BOUNCE

use the Sludge file because it manages BOTH the proper crouch without fouling the landing gear compression

* remember for carrier ops - you must not attempt carrier landings with FULL fuel loads....always reduce fuel load in the 'fuel/payload' section of the GUI in freeflight mode

I use 50% total fuel and reduce weapons load (weight) as well

Daube
September 25th, 2011, 04:16
I agree with the above comments.
"Sludge Hornet" is THE mod that has to be downloaded for the default F-18.

Aircanuck
September 25th, 2011, 06:14
Thank you all,

...next request, has there ever been a repaint of the sludge hornet in canadian markings ?

I've looked with no success !

thanks again

Aircanuck:jump:

LouP
September 25th, 2011, 06:30
Thank you all,

...next request, has there ever been a repaint of the sludge hornet in canadian markings ?

I've looked with no success !

thanks again

Aircanuck:jump:

I would guess that any default paint would work but will finding out for myself shortly. :)

LouP

Aircanuck
September 25th, 2011, 06:34
.... been there done that ... no luck !

tried several times and the default repaint wouldn't stick ....

Aircanuck

Killbilly
September 25th, 2011, 06:57
Does the Sludge version fix the annoying model problem where the VC model doesn't fit properly into the exterior model so, while in the VC, you can see part of the inside of the exterior model through the glass? That's the main thing that keeps me from flying the default bug.

letourn
September 25th, 2011, 12:17
The Sludge comes with a Canadian texture thanks to Ray (svicar).

You can also use any texture made for the original Acc F/A-18 but you will only loose some new modifications made on the textures for the Sludge

For more Canadian textures you can go to svicar site or do a search at flighsim

svicar
September 25th, 2011, 14:53
Hey letourn,

thanks for mentioning my site. I just wanted to mention, however, that my file hosting site, The Data Nest, has been down for the last couple of months and has probably closed for good. As I don't have an alternate service and cannot afford to pay for file hosting, it's doubtful I will be resuming downloads via my site.

Anyone wishing to download any of my Hornet repaints, however, can either go to Flightsim.com or Simviation.com and type "Ray Gagnon" in the appropriate search fields.

As always, if you are having any issues installing my repaints or have any questions, I can be emailed at svicar@live.ca.

Cheers

Aircanuck
September 25th, 2011, 16:37
....appreciate the help, not having much luck installing Ray's textures on Sludge's bug.

Aircanuck

svicar
September 25th, 2011, 18:34
....appreciate the help, not having much luck installing Ray's textures on Sludge's bug.

Aircanuck

Hey Aircanuck,

I'm not too sure specifically what kind of trouble you're having but if I could hazard a guess; my repaints have a "texture.cfg" file located in the same folder as the textures themselves. This file tells FSX which texture files to fall back to if they are not included in the repaint package. They default to the Acceleration Hornet.

If the custom textures you are importing are not showing correctly my advice would be to copy one of the Texture.cfg files that came with the Sludge bird and overwrite the one in my package. I converted the Sludge package to the default Hornet package so I couldn't say if this will even work as I have no examples to work from or test.

As I say, without a bit more info and\or a screen shot, I can't be any more specific than that.

Let me know if this solves your issue and if it does not, don't worry. I will do what I can to help you get things sorted out.

Cheers:)

Aircanuck
September 25th, 2011, 19:01
...did the trick, cheers mate !

Aircanuck:applause: