PDA

View Full Version : Uploaded P-boats, Cats, CVE's and LPH

lazarus
September 23rd, 2011, 12:43
I see that a few projects were finally uploaded today- a pack of 14 paints for Putt-Putts Tradewind, Royal Navy wildcats, CVE's and frigate, USS Sicily LHA and HR2P USMC. I was wondering where those got to. Jimbo musta got the thumb out at last. At Simviation and FS.com.

delta_lima
September 23rd, 2011, 21:50
Just saw these over at FS - looks AWESOME Laz - well done to you and the team. Can't wait to try out.

best,

dl

lazarus
September 23rd, 2011, 23:08
Cheers Delta Lima. There was a second part for those; AIcarriers stuff for an atlantic convoy and the seaplane strikeforce seabase concept from the 50's. Don't know what the hold up is. All in the fullness of time,I suppose.

lazarus
September 25th, 2011, 03:04
Things are moving along now on the seabase. Its placeable with AI Carriers, just have to do a re-paint for the Whitting class tender, nobody can find the original. Its the first look I had at the finals, and the crew did a nice job. Quite a change from the key renders.

delta_lima
September 25th, 2011, 19:22
Looking awesome!

I really like the USN paint on 5505 - that scheme was my favourite scheme USN patrol (Neptune, etc) aircraft scheme. Similarly, the JMSDF paints are the very likeness of the ShinMaywa US-1A and that whole family of flying boats.

One thing - and it may be my system: I tried the FM-2 package, and the paints were heavily pixelated. Any idea why that may be? I'm running FSX+Accel, on an albeit slower system - but the point is, I have this issue on no other paints ... very odd, and unfortunate, since I really like your work. The True North had this, albeit to a lesser extent.

Anyway - a big fan of your work. You've done Paul's Tradewind proud.

DL

ps - love the warnings in your readme - still chuckling .... I loathe bad spelling and grammar, but find myself in in increasingly diminishing minority on that issue ... Also love your new avatar ... am still a closet Tintin lover - never had any interest in cracking open a single Marvel comic whilst in my growing up years .... but my Tintin collection was (and remains) well-leafed through ...:ernae:

lazarus
September 25th, 2011, 22:57
Looking awesome!

I really like the USN paint on 5505 - that scheme was my favourite scheme USN patrol (Neptune, etc) aircraft scheme. Similarly, the JMSDF paints are the very likeness of the ShinMaywa US-1A and that whole family of flying boats.

One thing - and it may be my system: I tried the FM-2 package, and the paints were heavily pixelated. Any idea why that may be? I'm running FSX+Accel, on an albeit slower system - but the point is, I have this issue on no other paints ... very odd, and unfortunate, since I really like your work. The True North had this, albeit to a lesser extent.

Anyway - a big fan of your work. You've done Paul's Tradewind proud.

DL

ps - love the warnings in your readme - still chuckling .... I loathe bad spelling and grammar, but find myself in in increasingly diminishing minority on that issue ... Also love your new avatar ... am still a closet Tintin lover - never had any interest in cracking open a single Marvel comic whilst in my growing up years .... but my Tintin collection was (and remains) well-leafed through ...:ernae:

Thanks DL!
I still read TinTin, got all of 'em back in the early '70s, just about worn out, then my sons read 'em to death. The only comics I'd ever read prior to heavymetal and graphic novels. Cody Starbuck! I thought I heard about a new live action movie in the works.
Gods! the readme. I was thinking that I need to tell Mike to throttle back on the disdane for humans. A bit more user freindly like, maybe. I should write the readmes from now on, change the support email to my email. I shudder to think what a suport reply is like. Or, leave well enough alone and not be bothered...
The FM2's I didn't do, I did the CVE's. The copy's I have on the HD look fine, but those are the versions from almost 2 months ago; so I'll dl the finials and have a look. I DL'd and loaded the tradewinds up yesterday, those looked fine, alot different than when I did the key and color renders and sent 'em on for detail. I had not seen the finals prior to yesterday. Insufficiant sample for testing?
I'm running a AMD big-assed single core and a NVIDA 430 card, LCD monitor and what ever max resolution is for it-1440x8xx something, 4.5gbram. A fairly modest system; and the fm2 looks quite nice really. But I'll pass that along, see what |I can find out. Every one involved is running similar systems, and common build OS's and graphics stuff- DXTBMP, W7MSP, and Tmodel veiwer in a bid to reduce commonality gripes. Bit rot?