PDA

View Full Version : ETO Gauges in CFS3

Tailwind
September 22nd, 2011, 16:34
Hello

I forget how to do this. I want to replace the huge CFS3 stock gauges and reticule with the much nicer ETO sized ones

Is there a download somewhere or can I just move the files over?

Help appreciated

TW

loverboy1
September 22nd, 2011, 17:07
not sure if you mean hud gauges and all, what i did is take the viewui from the eto folder ....not the game one the hidden one ,,,,,and copy over the one in cfs3 game folder worked for me ....

Tailwind
September 22nd, 2011, 17:21
not sure if you mean hud gauges and all, what i did is take the viewui from the eto folder ....not the game one the hidden one ,,,,,and copy over the one in cfs3 game folder worked for me ....

Thanks for the reply.

I mean the ones in virtual cockpit view. Let me try the View UI and see if that's it

Thanks

TW

hairyspin
September 22nd, 2011, 21:59
I mean the ones in virtual cockpit view.

The VC gauges are hard-coded into the models. If there are gauge texture sheets which exactly correspond with the stock gauge textures then you just swap the appropriate sheets and rename to match.

But I don't think they do - stock gauges are 16 per sheet (mostly), ETO-specific are 9 per sheet. I don't like the stock ones so much either, but the only alternative is to roll one's own - quite a job in Photoshop - and even then they would have to match the animations in existing models. The results would be just cosmetic changes, the British ASI gauge for example would still be quite unauthentic.

Sorry!

grizzly50
September 23rd, 2011, 03:32
:kilroy:Tailwind,

I know what you're looking for. You've got mail.:d

Tailwind
September 23rd, 2011, 11:19
Thanks Grizz

And all whom responded

TW