PDA

View Full Version : a friend was lucky at reno

Daveroo
September 20th, 2011, 13:28
i have a family friend who is a gambler at the clubs in reno and is being comp'p rooms and shows ect all the time.....they have a name for the type of gambler he is...but it escapes me now,(damned lucky does come to mind though)he was a guest of Harrahs for the weekend of the air races,not to gamble but to go to the races thursday to sunday in VIP seating,limo to and from Harrahs all 4 daysand a motorhome,to use for restroom ect,im not sure of all the perks..but it was pretty cush...BUT his seating as it turned out was only 30 feet from where the ghost hit,he has no clue where the other people with his grooup are or what happened to them,,he is in his late 70sand in not good shape medically,so he had gone over and was sitting in a pickup truck about 200 feet south of the crash,,he saw it happen,saw the impact,,,heard it ect,but someone from harrahs showed up with one other person from the group and they sent him home right then in a limo,145 miles stead to auburn cal,they are sending he belonging home later,,they just sent him straight home..his wife put him in the local hospital because he was having mental issuses from what he had seen..he is pretty shook up...he thinks most of the people he was with are gone.he knows for a fact his seating area was in the impact area..shame

Sascha66
September 20th, 2011, 14:32
Another terrible accident at Reno and another aviation legend gone!

My prayers go to the injured and the relatives of the victims. I can only imagine what grief this must be to loose loved ones and friends when they just went out for a day of fun and then this.