PDA

View Full Version : Your F****** kidding me....

fallenphoenix1986
September 18th, 2011, 15:16
Ok, I'm a fighter guy.. I rarely go up for more than 40 minutes... can usually be found circuiting a carrier however last night I decided to give the big iron a go. I flew a short hop from Bristol to Glasgow IFR in an Embraer 170, no problem. Tonight I thought it be interesting to try a Transalantic hop... though I don't have 6 or 7 hours to spare... Concord it is then... all goes well, get her up to 60,000 and Mach 2.00 without much trouble,transit accross to Newfoundland before making my way down the eastern seaboard. I'm in touch with JFK setting up my aproach... rolling onto finals....

"FSX has suffered a fatal error and is restarting"

I now have a computer shapped hole in the wall :pop4:

Craig

MenendezDiego
September 18th, 2011, 16:00
You're ;)

lazarus
September 18th, 2011, 16:06
I get the same thing hauling from Deccimamanu to Toulon- as soon as I get within sight of the coast-poof- fatal error. There must be a corrupt scenery file or something, but I have not found it

bkeske
September 18th, 2011, 16:09
I hate it when that happens.

If you have the registered version of FSUIPC, it saves your flight at intervals (autosave), and you can re-start FS and go back to your flight within minutes of it crashing, then resume. Yea, a bit of a 'break in action', but sure is nice to be able to finish you flight after hours in the air. Luckily it is rare, but a great feature when you need it.

Warrant
September 18th, 2011, 16:16
I have those things quite often. I now have certain no-go area's. Latest error cost me all my settings (tweaked controls and programmed buttons). Had to do all the programming again since the cfg file was corrupted.
There are still some errors in FSX that are not fixed, but there will be no update to FSX since MS decided to pull the plug!

I have learned to live with it........:mixedsmi:

Bone
September 18th, 2011, 16:27
During the time I was building my mass bomber stream of B-17's going from Basingbourne, England to St. Nazaire, France and back, that happened to me a number of times. You should have heard me HOWL with F...king rage....

Sundog
September 18th, 2011, 16:59
Been there, done that. I've learned on long flights to periodically save the flight, JIC.

I feel for you guys. I know exactly the wtf moment you're talking about, lol. It's not funny when it happens, it's just funny because I can relate.

kilo delta
September 19th, 2011, 03:17
Yep...I've been there too. One of the main reasons why I only fly short haul now.

Nothing worse than having an hour to take a quick flight...spending 10 minutes waiting for the sim to load up,another few minutes to select your desired aircraft, set desired fuel,carry out checklists, taxi to the runway,push the throttles forward,start to get airborne (after about 30 minutes) and WHAM...no more FSX :sleep:

Railrunner130
September 19th, 2011, 04:57
With some patience and some trail and error, most of that can be worked out.

It seems to me that there are two main causes for the old CTD. The first is related to add-on traffic files. If this is the cause, it's probably because there is an airplane in there that has issues. The second is usually caused by an error in add-on scenery.

Finding the approximate cause is easy. Start by deactivating the add-on scenery in the area. Then, remove "local" traffic files. I try to regionalize my traffic to make loading quicker, but that's another story. Start flightsim and fly a default airplane in the affected area. If it works, close out flightsim and add either traffic or scenery, either one file or one folder at a time depending on how your scenery is organized. Also, depending on how you've organized your folders, you can go to the add/remove scenery area and turn it on and off. Then try again. If all works, continue the process of closing flightsim and repeating the process of adding back a folder and rerunning. Once you have found a suspected folder, remove it and try again. Keep in mind that there may be more than one issue, so even if you find one problem, you should continue to hunt for issues.

wantok
September 19th, 2011, 04:57
Had the same issue, esp. long hauls. If you don't have it yet, and you have Vista or Win7, just unzip and drop this baby in your main FSX folder and it should solve your problem.

Warrant
September 19th, 2011, 05:18
Had the same issue, esp. long hauls. If you don't have it yet, and you have Vista or Win7, just unzip and drop this baby in your main FSX folder and it should solve your problem.

Thanks for sharing. But, what does it do?

wantok
September 19th, 2011, 05:32
This thread http://forum.avsim.net/topic/249211-fsx-crashes-when-viewing-options-in-game/ will shed some light on why folks are having crashes and need this interface.

The latest version is the one I uploaded. I have Vista 64 and it did fix my CTD issues. Hope it helps.

fallenphoenix1986
September 19th, 2011, 10:08
Thanks for that, will be a day or two before I have the chance to try it out.

Craig

Francois
September 19th, 2011, 10:16
There's one more thing to think about..... since we're nearing the change to Fall, it could be the dreaded 'season bug'. It is a bug that seems to happen when at or near a season change, like from Summer to Autumn, combined with being near some scenery border. We had it often near Alaska when Fall turned into Winter...... just sayin'.....

Naismith
September 20th, 2011, 00:37
Regarding this UIAutomationCore.dll file, where does it go? I have 3 of these in various locations:-

1. System32
2. SysWOW64
3. wow64_microsoft-windows...... etc etc....

No biggy as I have not experienced this crashing symptom yet but one never knows ..... Murphy's law states it will happen within minutes of posting this.. lol

wantok
September 20th, 2011, 05:40
No need to touch the other 3, just move the one referenced in my above post to your root FSX folder.

Naismith
September 20th, 2011, 10:55
No need to touch the other 3, just move the one referenced in my above post to your root FSX folder.

OK thanks for that. :icon_lol: