PDA

View Full Version : 'Fossetts Aircraft Found'

Panther_99FS
October 2nd, 2008, 09:33
http://news.aol.com/article/crews-find-wreckage-of-fossett-plane/154661?icid=100214839x1210932629x1200615072

Daveroo
October 2nd, 2008, 09:48
they have video on goodday sacramento this morning..it was a mess

WuhWuzDat
October 2nd, 2008, 09:49
Wreckage pics:
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/worldnews/article-1066253/Pictured-Wreckage-plane-flown-missing-adventurer-Steve-Fossett.html

Nobody walked , or crawled, away from this one......

Daveroo
October 2nd, 2008, 12:50
heard on my noon news that a discovery channel film crew is on this

smoores
October 2nd, 2008, 14:46
At least they were able to close this for his wife.:medals:

hey_moe
October 2nd, 2008, 15:34
I am glad they found this and it also will bring end to the mystery.

deathfromafar
October 2nd, 2008, 16:11
Remains were found at the crash site. I'd say the mystery is now solved.
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20081002/ap_on_re_us/fossett_search

luckydog
October 2nd, 2008, 19:36
Enough human remains were found for DNA......that'll take awhile........

The guy was a good pilot.........I'm thinking lenticular effect
or maybe stroke, heart attack, etc.

wombat666
October 3rd, 2008, 03:21
As of 1930 EST (Aust) no certainty re the remains.
Not even confirmed as human.
:kilroy:

smoores
October 3rd, 2008, 08:17
It definitely shows that he was heading to Mammoth. Judging by the debris field, I'd say he approached a ridge near a 90 degree angle and hit the ridge's downdraft. His crash site is all marked off on Google earth.

deathfromafar
October 3rd, 2008, 23:14
The remains are definitely human confirmed by the medical examiners involved. They had to rush to pick up all they could find before the approaching storm rolled in and covered the crash site under 2 feet of snow. They stated that the combination of the initial impact plus the final fall impact where the plane settled would have left little recognizable human remains intact. Plus with wild animals and normal decomposition, they have only small amounts of bone fragments to work with but enough to confirm it is Fossett by DNA.

Dain Arns
October 4th, 2008, 08:10
Its hard for folks to understand sometimes. I worked on a couple different aircraft accidents. One was a mid-air between a Cessna and a Pitts. The Pitts was stuck at full throttle when it impacted the ground, the NTSB figured. There was only about 6 inches of the tail was sticking out above ground when I found it, the rest was buried. Politely, we didn't find much left of the pilot. It sounds like a similar fate for Mr. Fossett.

As I said in another post, I am glad Mr. Fossett has finally been found. I know his widow has done a lot of suffering from lies of vicious rumormongers since he was legally declared dead back in February, who claimed he was still alive. Now the conspriacists have been soundly proven to be very wrong in their lies, and the family will finally get to know they can put Mr. Fossett to rest and have closure to this unfortunate incident.

cheezyflier
October 4th, 2008, 13:09
you gotta admit though, if you gotta go, (and we all do)
at least he lived while he was here. too many folks go through life avoiding risk, and never experience much. my hat is off to him.

deathfromafar
October 4th, 2008, 13:34
Its hard for folks to understand sometimes. I worked on a couple different aircraft accidents. One was a mid-air between a Cessna and a Pitts. The Pitts was stuck at full throttle when it impacted the ground, the NTSB figured. There was only about 6 inches of the tail was sticking out above ground when I found it, the rest was buried. Politely, we didn't find much left of the pilot. It sounds like a similar fate for Mr. Fossett.

As I said in another post, I am glad Mr. Fossett has finally been found. I know his widow has done a lot of suffering from lies of vicious rumormongers since he was legally declared dead back in February, who claimed he was still alive. Now the conspriacists have been soundly proven to be very wrong in their lies, and the family will finally get to know they can put Mr. Fossett to rest and have closure to this unfortunate incident.
Amen to that!
It is an unfortunate fact that there are so many of these so called conspiracists out there on the net and in even the press who push sensationalism to gather attention and even monetary gain form themselves often at the expense of good people either living or postmortem. This is yet another case I am glad to see those unscrupulous types get discredited.

May Steve Fossett rest in peace. He was an Aviation Pioneer and Hero.:medals:

jmig
October 4th, 2008, 14:37
you gotta admit though, if you gotta go, (and we all do)
at least he lived while he was here. too many folks go through life avoiding risk, and never experience much. my hat is off to him.

I agree 100% cheezy.