PDA

View Full Version : Doin to much thinking

gedm
December 12th, 2008, 14:19
Along those lines,

I've been kicking around the thought of making a post with the standard campaign infrastructure links for campaigns made up this time.

Of course there would be theatre specific links as well and the entire posting/list could be updated the following year with any new or replacement infrastructure.

In this way a campaign maker could just refer to that link and concentrate on any aircraft addon's for the read me sort of boiler plating the process.

What do you guys think?

Rami
December 12th, 2008, 14:46
That would a LONG, LONG, list. And, I'd keep using new stuff to derail you.

gedm
December 12th, 2008, 15:05
How long is long? Maybe Miami Eagle outa be brought into this....:icon_lol:

Hern07
December 12th, 2008, 16:42
I think it it is a great idea and would be a great help, but... You are thinking of undertaking a project that would envolve a tremendous amount of work. As Rami points out there are new campaigns sand missions showing up on a daily basis and it would soon be out of date unless it was regularly updated. I don't think a annual update would work. I hate to say it, but after a year their may be great many dead links or changes, such as Groundcrew going to Reg's Hanger Our talented designers are also uploading new infrastructure on a steady basis. One or two suggestions: maybe you could recruit someone to help, make it a joint effort, or you could try to limit yourself initially to only one area and see how that works. Too, as much as searching for all this infrastructure has been a real pain, and as much as I have cursed the campaign authors (yes, you too Rami) when I couldn't find it right away, it has been an invaluable learning process. Good luck either way. Hern

Jagdflieger
December 12th, 2008, 19:39
Hern,

Sounds like a massive project that would never get finished! I'm sure it would need updating almost weekly and when your sweetheart gets home, she'll probably have you washing the dishes again and other 'honey does."

Still, it would be a fine resource for the faithful here in the basement.

hewman100
December 13th, 2008, 02:20
It is a good idea gedm. I'd say the best option would be to stick to the Pacific and stuff for the basic game.

This would then give newbies and oldies practice and experience in building up the existing game theatre before tackling ETO, MTO etc. from scratch if they were so inclined.

Good_2_Be
December 13th, 2008, 15:13
Just a thought....

Perhaps just the Base Infastructure for each Theater of Operation.....and how to remove any unwanted "stock" stuff. Got to have a good foundation to build on B-4 putting up the walls and roof :kilroy: