PDA

View Full Version : F16

LouP
September 15th, 2011, 16:08
So where can the best one be found these days?

CG_1976
September 15th, 2011, 16:15
So where can the best one be found these days?

Good ?. I have the Aerosoft one, but that's because Kiwicat did a WI ANG paint. Looking at the Iris one I'd say there systems are more advanced. But that's just a observation as i dont own the Iris F16, no RCAF fictional paint or USCG for when I get frisky with the USAF lol.

timghetta
September 15th, 2011, 16:43
Wish I could help you, Lou, lol. I can't say anything on this topic, cause I made one of them.

-Tim

LouP
September 15th, 2011, 16:48
Can someone help me find a copy of the IRIS F16 to buy. I can't find anyone that has them ?? Tim, which did you make (sorry for my ignorance)

LouP

timghetta
September 15th, 2011, 16:52
Hey Lou,

I made the Aerosoft one, 2007-2008, I did the 3d Model.
The IRIS one is not being sold anymore, so that is a pickle.

-Tim

Barfly
September 15th, 2011, 17:07
http://secure.simmarket.com/iris-pro-series-f-16d-viper.phtml

I believe this is the IRIS Viper... on sale for this month. I'll try to reload my copy if I can find it and compare the two.

edit: purchase page is there, but no buy option. apparently it isnt' available for some reason.. I can tell you that the Aerosoft one has a stunning 3d model and interior, at the level of the latest Warbirdsim work. Can be tough on frames if you don't have a fast system.

peter12213
September 16th, 2011, 02:47
Aerosoft or Tim's model because it looks fantastic with the G Vapour and photoreal style pit but the iris F16 for systems and the fact you get a two seater both are equally good for there own reasons.

Lateral-G
September 16th, 2011, 06:15
I personally like the IRIS Viper......because it has the 2-seater and you can drop bombs.

I remember hearing the Aerosoft one was hard on the frames.

Surprised the IRIS Viper is no longer available. Wonder why?

Warrant
September 16th, 2011, 07:33
Both the Aerosoft and the IRIS F-16's are challenging and of high quality.

The Iris version are all 2-seaters (All D-version, including the block52 with CFT and extended dorsal spine). Various payloads, and has droppable GBU-12's
The Aerosoft versions are all single seaters (F-16A/AM/C), also including one version with CFT. Various payloads, but static. Payload and sensors are higher quality in appearance.

I personally favour the Aerosoft F-16A/AM/C for it's realistic looks and appearence (outside, pilot, DVC)
The Iris F-16D has better/more realistic system simulation, with the CCIP as the crown-jewel!
Flight performance is quite similar.

I have them both, and i love them both.

khaast
September 16th, 2011, 08:41
The aerosoft 3D work was completed by Stefan Hoffman (H-1/PBY/A320 and now CRJ/Bronco). He redid the glare-shield/HUD/UFC assembly and got the gun in the correct location. He also made the bits and pieces for the Belgian ECM/ RWR system and basically got the 3D project out the door.

timghetta
September 16th, 2011, 13:17
The aerosoft 3D work was completed by Stefan Hoffman (H-1/PBY/A320 and now CRJ/Bronco). He redid the glare-shield/HUD/UFC assembly and got the gun in the correct location. He also made the bits and pieces for the Belgian ECM/ RWR system and basically got the 3D project out the door.

Stefan does good modeling, and only took over after I was in an automobile accident. He finished the project but with very little, close to 2% of the overall amount of work. The plane was more of waiting for the code. the Gun was a few inches forward, and not discovered until near the release, very hard to tell.
He did redo the ICP/HUD frame(not the colmination, that was my work), adding more polygons and textures with a bump map, but unfortantly that's why everyone is complaining about the heavy FPS. He actually added close to 200 draw calls to the Model.

Everything else was all done by me, from the different intakes, engines, country specific systems, weapons, and different tails. There are even the different gear doors, so for the Beligian items was very little in comparision. Actually alot of the credit for me to do that model was by a few people behind the scenes, People Like Dag, and Vinflyer, and a few others that was able to supply me with the resources. It's those people that got the plane out the door, Not Stefan or myself.

For the record, that F-16 was my baby, and when real life things happen, a company has to do what they have to.
Now that I am back into 3D modeling, I am working for IRIS doing their F-15E, so you want to see a Phoenix rise, then watch out.:icon_lol:

-Tim

strykerpsg
September 16th, 2011, 14:27

Surprised the IRIS Viper is no longer available. Wonder why?

Why is the Iris Viper no longer available on their website? I own both the Iris and Aerosoft model and generally prefer the Iris one. I hope I am able to keep it activated since it's no longer on their virtual shelves.

Matt

rayhere48
September 16th, 2011, 15:08
I guess I am lucky, I have both F16's. I love both and really love IRIS stuff. I am glad I go mine. I do like the twin cockpits. Hope they solve the issue at IRIS, they will sure sell many more when they do.

khaast
September 16th, 2011, 23:11
Stefan does good modeling, and only took over after I was in an automobile accident. He finished the project but with very little, close to 2% of the overall amount of work. The plane was more of waiting for the code. the Gun was a few inches forward, and not discovered until near the release, very hard to tell.
He did redo the ICP/HUD frame(not the colmination, that was my work), adding more polygons and textures with a bump map, but unfortantly that's why everyone is complaining about the heavy FPS. He actually added close to 200 draw calls to the Model.

Everything else was all done by me, from the different intakes, engines, country specific systems, weapons, and different tails. There are even the different gear doors, so for the Beligian items was very little in comparision. Actually alot of the credit for me to do that model was by a few people behind the scenes, People Like Dag, and Vinflyer, and a few others that was able to supply me with the resources. It's those people that got the plane out the door, Not Stefan or myself.

For the record, that F-16 was my baby, and when real life things happen, a company has to do what they have to.
Now that I am back into 3D modeling, I am working for IRIS doing their F-15E, so you want to see a Phoenix rise, then watch out.:icon_lol:

-Tim

Thanks for the info Tim, that aircraft is great in all respects :-)

LouP
September 17th, 2011, 06:51
Hmmm, was at the cape for the day yesterday and expected to see a link by now to the IRIS bird. Guess it's no more for some reason. Never ran into this situation before (please take my money lol).

LouP