PDA

View Full Version : Boeing's New Airplane For Southwest Airlines

Crusader
September 15th, 2011, 05:44
Did not know if this has been posted here before or not but the painting process alone is truly amazing.
Thought some of you might be interested in it .

http://www.youtube.com/watch_popup?v=zKnsyYbfC60&feature=popular

Rich

TuFun
September 15th, 2011, 08:08
Wow! The whole process is amazing!

Crusader
September 15th, 2011, 10:15
I am a little biased when it comes to American made naturally and I'm sure that other foreign manufacturers use a very similar process . Even though it was a very fast moving vid , there were alot of pieces that really struck my eye like the huge spool of wiring harness they were installing in the upper bulkhead of the aircraft and the cockpit panel they were inserting . I would really like to visit an aircraft manufacturing plant and see the process first hand . I had an aunt that worked in an aircraft plant in California during WW ll and later retired from North American in Columbus , Ohio where she worked in the late 40's , 50's and 60's . Years ago she gave me a bunch of large color photos of some of the planes that North American was working on . I'll have to dig them out some day .

Bottom line: A lot of very talented and skilled workers from the drawing board to the finished product , made this happen .

Rich

Firebar
September 21st, 2011, 15:04
There's quite an interesting book that I have somewhere (this one: http://www.amazon.com/Inside-Boeing-Building-Motorbooks-ColorTech/dp/0760312516 ) which has a lot of info on the design and construction process within boeing as well as loads of great photos. Might be of interest.

Lionheart
September 21st, 2011, 19:29
Cool video! Thanks for the heads up.

Bill

Cirrus N210MS
September 21st, 2011, 20:59
great Video here is the Video Direct Post on here

so it loads faster

zKnsyYbfC60

Gibbage
September 22nd, 2011, 09:44
I live near the Beoing factory (took the tour!) and its really cool to see the body's on rail going to Renton. Down there, they produce more then ONE A DAY! Amazing! If anyone is in the Seattle area, I highly reccomend taking the Beoing tour. Nothing more amazing then seeing 10 747's under THE SAME ROOF, and knowing there are 5 more production lines UNDER THE SAME ROOF with 767,777, and 787's.