PDA

View Full Version : Tracker

harrybasset
September 14th, 2011, 11:29
I bought the Perfect Flight Grumman Tracker for FS9 several years ago. For my own amusement I recently decided to try it in FSX, I have changed many gauges for FSX compatible ones and now have a working and useable panel.

The flight characteristics need attention but the main problem I have is that out of all the animations only the tailhook will not operate, has anyone else tried the Tracker in FSX and got a working tailhook? I know there are Trackers being developed for FS9 and FSX so if I am patient there will be an abundance of Trackers but while I am waiting I am trying this old offering.

fallenphoenix1986
September 14th, 2011, 12:43
Tried it for the trial period, no problems with the hook (or anything else for that matter). Sorry I can't help on that front.
Was about to pay for it when I found out about Milton's upcoming package so decided to leave it.

Craig

Rich
September 14th, 2011, 16:12
harrybasset, check your aircraft.cfg for a hydraulics entry and if you have such a entry does it have a positive pressure, if not give it a pressure of 1000 lbs,If there is a wing fold entry in the aircraft.cfg you may find that will work too.

All in the dark as I do not have that model

Rich

N2056
September 14th, 2011, 16:18
You might be interested in this thread...
http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/showthread.php?56148-SOH-Team-Project-Grumman-Tracker-Trader-Tracer

harrybasset
September 14th, 2011, 22:58
Thanks for the tip about the hydraulics Rich, the cfg entry was 0.0000000 so I made it 1000 and the hook works fine. A bit odd really as the wing fold, bomb doors, radome and MAD boom operated with zero pressure. I am looking forward to the new Tracker from Milton and company but am playing with this old Tracker for now.

Rich
September 14th, 2011, 23:56
Harry,
it may be the other 2 are electrically or pneumatic powered, I learned that hydraulic thing some time ago as a lot of Mr Ito's lacked hydraulic pressure when ported but they worked ok in Fs9.

fliger747
September 15th, 2011, 11:37
In the Stoof series all that stuff is powered by hydraulics. The issue is of course if the systems are appropriatly set up in the aircraft .cfg file.

I am doing the FD for Milton's plane, and doing the flight development work in FSX. The plane is also concurrently having other work done in FSX, so it should be pretty compatable. As with all of Milton's plane, a work of love and a lot of fun!

Cheers: T