PDA

View Full Version : First Notification....

gera
December 12th, 2008, 12:07
Hi guys....

For a while now, I have been "Making" the scenery series " Panama Lonely Airfields". These are airfields not well represented in FSX or are not represented at all, since they are small and definitely not well known. There are many of these all over the country most built during WW2 when the US had its large training bases here as well as defense sites of the Panama Canal. I flew to most of these which cover the whole geography of the country, fron Jungles to Mountains. Some were very remote and have not been used in years, others are near towns and have been kept in good shape.
The first one which I finished last night is located in Volcan, near Boquete in the North West, very near Costa Rica. The town of Boquete is one of the prettiest up in the mountains which are covered with clouds constantly. I only flew to it once and landing was very scary since there are no radio aids of any kind and its pretty windy most of the day, since that flight my wife never flew with me again!!!!!!!:icon_lol: (too bad for her!!).
Will be uploading it next week after some of you test it....Here are pics of the Town and general area.
For those of you who like Bush Flying this is your kind of play ground...