PDA

View Full Version : Windows 8

sidler
September 13th, 2011, 10:47
http://money.cnn.com/2011/09/13/technology/microsoft_build_windows_8/index.htm?hpt=hp_t2

warchild
September 13th, 2011, 11:02
This actuaslly belongs over in newshawks.. I'm sorry but i have to move it..
Pam

GT182
September 13th, 2011, 12:20
If it's designed for 'touch' screen, think of how running FSX, IL2 Cliff's of Dover might be easier to fly. Hopefully you'd be able to reach up and touch the contol on your monitor you want to use in the cockpit. Like engine start controls, trim, open and close a canopy or door, and just turning things off and on. And maybe they'll start coming out with 'Virtual' use peripherals for the PC.

But I'm not holding my breathe Windows 8 will be the answer to Apple's iPad.

jhefner
September 13th, 2011, 12:28
If it's designed for 'touch' screen, think of how running FSX, IL2 Cliff's of Dover might be easier to fly. Hopefully you'd be able to reach up and touch the contol on your monitor you want to use in the cockpit. Like engine start controls, trim, open and close a canopy or door, and just turning things off and on. And maybe they'll start coming out with 'Virtual' use peripherals for the PC.

But I'm not holding my breathe Windows 8 will be the answer to Apple's iPad.

It is my understanding that you can interact with VC now on PCs that have touch screens.

I think the upcoming Microsoft Flight will be optimized for use in a tablet environment as well as on a conventional desktop or notebook PC. I also think that it will feature the ribbon bar currently found in MS Office, and carried forward in Windows 8.

(Nothing official from Microsoft; just my opinion.)

-James

GT182
September 13th, 2011, 13:49
I forgot all about the touch screens that are out now James. If you can touch controls in the cockpit that would be great. Using a mouse and your joystick at the same time while trying to fly is a pain in the butt. Reach up and tap or drag on the screen would be perfect. Well, as close to vitrual reality as you can get for now.

I wonder if anyone here is doing that now with a touch screen flying FSX or ClOD. Or if it's even possible to do.

jhefner
September 13th, 2011, 14:11
I wonder if anyone here is doing that now with a touch screen flying FSX or ClOD. Or if it's even possible to do.

It is my understanding (once again, not firsthand knowledge) that the touch screen does indeed work with the VC in FSX (and I assume FS9). Don't know for sure about CIOD; but since the touchscreen capability is built into the operating system and not the game, I would think you could.

-James

heywooood
September 13th, 2011, 17:05
touch screens...? NO Thank you

why would you want to get your monitor all finger printy???

Why is that just because something Can be done.. people think it Should be done

Allen
September 13th, 2011, 17:19
This actuaslly belongs over in newshawks.. I'm sorry but i have to move it..
Pam
Ickie already has one there this thread needs to be Ctrl+Alt+Deleted....

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/showthread.php?57525-R-U-Ready-...-Windows-8