PDA

View Full Version : Iris F-22?

RKinkor
September 13th, 2011, 07:00
Am thinking of getting the Iris F-22 while it is on sale and read some of the reviews at the FS.com pilot shop and what I can find here. The reviews at the FS pilot shop seem to be fairly harsh and what there are of ones here seem to be good. Do not have a lot of money at present and do not want to have wasted it, so I am looking for opinions of this aircraft.
Thanks in advance,
Randy

rayhere48
September 13th, 2011, 12:03
Well I just purchased the plane and can say (for me) that it is fun to fly and has a very nice vc. I only like planes with vc's and this one really is nice. It is really up to IRIS standards. I have all of there military aircraft.

warchild
September 13th, 2011, 13:10
The reason for the schism in reviews is because, when Iris made the F-22 they did so with the intention of creating an easy, fun to fly aircraft. They didnt want to make it realistic and exact. And thats pretty much what you get.. Its a lot of fun to fly but A2A it was never intended to be.
Pam

RKinkor
September 13th, 2011, 13:42
For detail of operation is it similar to the A-10 or is there a quick start button, because I (most) of the time do not have time for full immersion VC ie VRS or A2A. Thanks for the advice so far.

warchild
September 13th, 2011, 13:46
I'm not sure to be honest because as soon as i finished the flight kodel for that, I had five more needing to be done, so since then, i havent flown it much, and during development, i didnt have to worry about it starting..
Perhaps some one else can be of greater assistance with this question..

fox18delta
September 13th, 2011, 13:50

It's a fun jet... I'll recommend.
Learn to manage the throttles and try not to shatter anyone's windows around the airfield :-)
Have fun.

fox18delta
September 13th, 2011, 14:04
Yes there are quick start options.

fox18delta
September 13th, 2011, 14:12
Yes there are quick start options.

QUICKSTART INSTRUCTIONS
We all realize that so many armchair joystick jockeys (that‟s you!) may not have time or necessarily the patience to go through a lengthy start-up procedure every time you want a flight… with that in mind, we have incorporated the „Q‟ system into the aircraft.
The Q-Start and Q-Cut-off systems will rapidly set your aircraft up for flight or shut it down as necessary, sparing you time and effort!
Below is a simplified checklist for the Q-Start and Q-Cut-off system.
1. Left mouse-click the BATT switch to the ON position.
2. On the left console, left mouse-click and hold the APU switch into the „START‟ position until the green „APU‟ light illuminates.
3. Press the „OTH‟ key on the ICP (Integrated Control Panel).
4. Left mouse-click the Arrow pushbutton next to Q-Start to start the aircraft up, or Q-Cut-off to shut the aircraft down.
The F-22 Raptor tactile usage of switches and knobs
In general, a LEFT mouse-click (LC) places a switch AWAY from the pilot and a
rotary selector COUNTER CLOCKWISE.
A RIGHT mouse-click (RC) places a switch TOWARDS the pilot and a rotary
selector CLOCKWISE.
In some circumstances this does not apply, but the majority of switches and knobs operate in this fashion.
Quick-start & Tactile usage

rayhere48
September 13th, 2011, 14:50
I can tell you when you get into the cockpit, you will feel very immersed. I just love to get into a sim cockpit and feel almost like I am really fling a plane. IRIS has always made me feel that way. I should say I love the Razbam military stuff also ( and between the two )they both have gotten a few bucks from me.

piperarcherpilot
September 13th, 2011, 17:49
I went for the half off sale at the Flight Sim Pilot Shop. I agree with the others' remarks. Its a very nice aircraft. The flight model isnt VRS, but its pretty nice. My opinion; I prefer v1.00 over the v1.10 hotfix. The hotfix seems to break some things (like speedbrakes) and the flight dynamics feel more believable with the original release and thats worth giving up a few avionics fixes. If IRIS releases another fix, I'll try it. Just my taste.

Visually, its just as amazing as their A-10. Impressive!

http://i601.photobucket.com/albums/tt91/PiperArcherPilot/2011-9-13_18-52-7-977.jpg

http://i601.photobucket.com/albums/tt91/PiperArcherPilot/2011-9-13_18-49-40-207.jpg

http://i601.photobucket.com/albums/tt91/PiperArcherPilot/2011-9-13_19-45-21-843.jpg

LouP
September 13th, 2011, 20:48
Thanks for pointing out the sale, I picked up the A10, always wanted a Warthog :salute:

LouP :icon29:

RKinkor
September 14th, 2011, 04:40
Thanks for the advice, you have given me a lot to think about!

RKinkor
September 15th, 2011, 05:06
Thanks for the excellent advice as of this morning I am the proud and happy owner of an F-22. Though I do wonder who did the voice for GPWS and other voice warning, sure gets my attention! Nice flight model Pam! Again thanks to everyone!

piperarcherpilot
September 16th, 2011, 07:59
While this thread is somewhat recent, has anyone come up with a fix for the broken speedbrakes in hotfix 1.10? Or are most of us just sticking with 1.00 while they iron that out...? I looked in the previous F-22 discussions and didnt find much.