PDA

View Full Version : Paint for JF Hurricane

RobH
September 12th, 2011, 19:07
Here is a WIP on a paint for the Just Flight Hurricane. Just need to find the texture sheet for the prop hub.

17 Squadron, Debden, June 1940.

Roger
September 12th, 2011, 22:58
:applause:
I have the full set of JF Hurris so I'll download this as soon as it's ready.

huub vink
September 12th, 2011, 23:16
Very nice again RobH. Normally I don't make requests, but as you obviously (almost) mastered the texture lay-out from this model, I would love it when you would be prepared to do this one. It has fabric wings and the early dark earth/green/silver scheme. For no real particular reason I have always loved the looks of a Belgian Hurricane.

Thanks for considering!
Huub

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y210/Huub_Vink/66_3.jpg

kilo delta
September 13th, 2011, 02:14
Apologies in advance..but if you fancy tackling another paint I'd be grateful if you'd consider this one too..

No Hurri :icon_lol:

lucas81
September 13th, 2011, 06:56
Great job, Rob!
I thought about creating a repaint of the RAF 303 sqn, but the paintkit is a bit problematic for me. Or maybe I did something wrong ?
I went to support section on the JF website, picked paintkit.exe and installed it in the FSX directory. After inspecting the newly created folders I only found mix of .dds and .bmp files, but no layered PSD's. Some of the .dds files have marked surfaces in yellow, but sadly there are no panel lines, etc.
Sadly, I expected a bit more. Even the "white paint" which we can find in the every original FSX planes would be better.

br,
Lucas

huub vink
September 13th, 2011, 07:33
Most models done by Aeroplane Heaven have a complex texture layout. I have done a few repaints for the AH spitfire in the past and it took me several repaints before I could locate all parts.....

Another problem was the fact the texture layout was used form more than one model. Therefore the textures were often stretched.

That's why I'm glad to see RobH has mastered the texture lay-out!

Cheers,
Huub

Martyn
September 13th, 2011, 07:53
Great job, Rob!
I thought about creating a repaint of the RAF 303 sqn, but the paintkit is a bit problematic for me. Or maybe I did something wrong ?
I went to support section on the JF website, picked paintkit.exe and installed it in the FSX directory. After inspecting the newly created folders I only found mix of .dds and .bmp files, but no layered PSD's. Some of the .dds files have marked surfaces in yellow, but sadly there are no panel lines, etc.
Sadly, I expected a bit more. Even the "white paint" which we can find in the every original FSX planes would be better.

br,
Lucas

Hi Lucas,

Please drop me a mail (martyn[at]justflight.com) and I will send you another paint-kit to try.

Thanks
Martyn

lucas81
September 13th, 2011, 08:18
Thank you very much, Martyn! Email sent!

Lucas

RobH
September 13th, 2011, 08:56
Thanks everyone!

Huub and Kilo, no problem on the requests. I wouldn't say mastered, but I sure BS'd my way through it, LOL!

djwaglik, that is exactly how I got my paint kit. What paint program are you using? If you use a program that can open PSD files, send me a PM with your email address and I will send you my camo layers, and then you can just copy and paste on your template. If the template Martyn sends you is the same as mine, it will not come with the camo paint. You will have to do it yourself and trust me, it's a nightmare!

I only have the 'A' scheme done for now, but will be working on the 'B' scheme soon.

I am working on removing some of the streaking and huge paint chips from the template. It may be for some, but for me it's a little overdone.

kilo delta
September 13th, 2011, 09:12
Huub and Kilo, no problem on the requests

I appreciate it Rob :)

lucas81
September 13th, 2011, 09:30
Thanks everyone!

Huub and Kilo, no problem on the requests. I wouldn't say mastered, but I sure BS'd my way through it, LOL!

djwaglik, that is exactly how I got my paint kit. What paint program are you using? If you use a program that can open PSD files, send me a PM with your email address and I will send you my camo layers, and then you can just copy and paste on your template. If the template Martyn sends you is the same as mine, it will not come with the camo paint. You will have to do it yourself and trust me, it's a nightmare!

I only have the 'A' scheme done for now, but will be working on the 'B' scheme soon.

I am working on removing some of the streaking and huge paint chips from the template. It may be for some, but for me it's a little overdone.

Rob,

thank you very much for your offer! I will wait for the PSD files from Martyn. Iam using an old, trusty Photoshop 7.0 :)

If Martyn will be able to provide me with the layer containing wire mesh from the model, there can be a chance to create a new kit from the scratch. I am also considering creating new specular textures, because the current one can be improved IMHO (just the plain color at the moment). But as you said, there should be lots of work with the textures, because the model contains many materials (and so the textures). Well, we will see! :)

br,
Lucas

huub vink
September 13th, 2011, 22:23
I'm glad to hear you will "de-weather" the Hurricane a bit. Like you I don't particular like it. However to be honest, the wing root of British fighter was often severely damage like this. When you look at the picture from the Spitfire below, you can see there is hardly any paint left on the wing root.

Thanks again for doing this repaint and for you positive response to my request.

Cheers,
Huub