MudMarine
September 12th, 2011, 17:59
BOING!! :jump::jump::jump:

muletrain
September 12th, 2011, 18:11
Remarkable!

OleBoy
September 12th, 2011, 18:26
Fascinating to see the level of realism in the A2A aircraft. That Mustang, a thing of beauty. By the book, not my style. But for those who like it that way, ZOWIE!!

Great video Cody!

pilottj
September 12th, 2011, 18:53
All 3 of them look amazing! That P-40 is truly the Bush pilot's warbird with its ruggedness:salute:

skyblazer3
September 12th, 2011, 19:21
a2a should get out of the flight sim business and just start producing real-world replicas of these aircraft.:salute:

pilottj
September 12th, 2011, 19:40
lol, A2A could seriously develop A&P training software to sell to institutions and really make some money :salute:

Naismith
September 12th, 2011, 22:15
Between them (A2A) and ORBX and a couple of others too, they have taken FSX from being a rather humdrum upgrade to FS9 and transformed it into another league altogether. As long as these companies keep up keeping up the support do we really need a new sim?

roger-wilco-66
September 12th, 2011, 22:51
Good news! This year will be - and has already been - blessed with some really good releases!

Cheers,
Mark

huub vink
September 12th, 2011, 23:44
Definitely a slick made movie....

Cheers,
Huub

Pips
September 13th, 2011, 00:25
Frankly, I would rather they concentate their efforts of producing an aircraft that has not been done several times before.

OBIO
September 13th, 2011, 00:27
Absolutely freaking amazing! Way more complex than anything I would want to try to fly......I would blow the engine before I got out of my parking spot!

I would highly recommend watching the 20-minute video on the A2A Spit's propeller. I learned more about propellers watching that video than I had ever known before. The single most educational marketing video I have ever seen.

OBIO

CodyValkyrie
September 13th, 2011, 01:13
Great video Cody!

Wish I could take credit for this one. This was all Scott.

I would like to point out something about the P-51 by the way.... she is almost entirely automatically controlled. She is a very easy aircraft to fly as far as many of the systems go, believe it or not, when compared to something like say the P-47.

txnetcop
September 13th, 2011, 05:02
Excellent video and EXCELLENT PRODUCTS. Accusim has made FSX the flightsim of choice for me! Thank you A2A Team!
Ted

coolguy3
September 13th, 2011, 08:14
.......ABSOLUTELY AMAZING!!!! :jump::jump::jump::jump:

fxsttcb
September 13th, 2011, 08:45
Wish I could take credit for this one. This was all Scott.
Well then, give Scott a hearty "Well Done"! Absolutely incredible!...Don

BTW; I'd also like to see an F-4 progress report, even if it's only a one liner!

Phantom88
September 13th, 2011, 09:57
Between them (A2A) and ORBX and a couple of others too, they have taken FSX from being a rather humdrum upgrade to FS9 and transformed it into another league altogether. As long as these companies keep up keeping up the support do we really need a new sim?

I Concur WholeHeartedly,A2A and FTX/Orbx has changed the way I fly and enjoy this sim.I very rarely fly heavies anymore,and when I do fly it's usually below 7000'AGL.

kilo delta
September 13th, 2011, 10:49
They've got the sights and sounds pegged...now,,,, let A2A bring us Smellsim X.:icon_lol:

fxsttcb
September 13th, 2011, 12:22
They've got the sights and sounds pegged...now,,,, let A2A bring us Smellsim X.:icon_lol:As long as it's only included in single seaters.:icon_lol:

oakfloor
September 13th, 2011, 20:50
Frankly, I would rather they concentate their efforts of producing an aircraft that has not been done several times before. What an idea!:salute:

oakfloor
September 13th, 2011, 20:53
They've got the sights and sounds pegged...now,,,, let A2A bring us Smellsim X.:icon_lol: Yup, and a "G" simulator with blackout and puke feature and a 110 DB cockpit sound level. And last but not least a $500 gas bill when fill up your stang':jump:

kilo delta
September 14th, 2011, 02:32
Yup, and a "G" simulator with blackout and puke feature and a 110 DB cockpit sound level.

My meds take care of the former and Mrs KD could still overpower a 110db cockpit when I've missed out on some of my chores :kilroy::icon_lol:

I've often wondered why A2A haven't done an Accusim'd C172,Piper Arrow,LSA or the like....the types that are readily available in any flight school. Surely there'd be a market for this among student pilots and simmers alike?

stiz
September 14th, 2011, 11:17
prolly not done a cessna cos of the licenseing hassel that tends to follow cessna around ...

JAllen
September 14th, 2011, 17:04
The ultimate in warbirds, IMO a P51 hasn't been done until the sights and sounds match the behavior like Accusim tries to do. Can't wait!!

:jump::jump::jump:

Phantom88
September 14th, 2011, 17:20
A2A updated their Facebook pg with some F-104 Starfighter W.I.P. Pics:jump:

MartinM
September 15th, 2011, 00:58
I bought their WOP2 P51 a while ago. I wasn't satified and by mistake I bought the F1 P51 thinking that it would be better. But the textures were too cartoonish and not really much detail on nuts and bolts. All were painted. I bought the Warbirdsim P51D Part 1 three month ago. Expensive but nice. How does this new A2A Accusim P51 compare to the Warbirdsim one?

Whitehawk
September 15th, 2011, 01:07
A2A is one of my favorite developers, alongside PMDG and Flight Sim Labs! We are being spoiled by these amazing addons, I have been removing other stuff from my hanger because after the works of art from these guys the rest just doesn't keep up with flight model and systems fidelity!

Daube
September 15th, 2011, 01:14
I bought their WOP2 P51 a while ago. I wasn't satified and by mistake I bought the F1 P51 thinking that it would be better. But the textures were too cartoonish and not really much detail on nuts and bolts. All were painted. I bought the Warbirdsim P51D Part 1 three month ago. Expensive but nice. How does this new A2A Accusim P51 compare to the Warbirdsim one?

The video will answer your question. Most likely both models will be as beautiful, but the A2A one with the Accusim extention will be much more immersive and realistic, especially for the engine handling.
However, A2A will only provide the D variant, while Warbirdsim provides also the earlier versions, so in the end, both products will be complementary.... you just won't fly the Warbirdsim's D anymore ;)

Bomber_12th
September 15th, 2011, 07:22
You just won't fly the Warbirdsim's D anymore ;)

It's a shame that true visual accuracy, with years of research to do so, so that what you are actually looking at in the sim, both inside and out, is a true-to-life experience, unlike captured by any other reproduction of the aircraft for any sim, shouldn't count on one's decision making. I guess one might as well not waist their time striving to provide that level of accuracy and detail, when a generalized visual experience will do just as well.

Daube
September 15th, 2011, 07:32
It's a shame that true visual accuracy, with years of research to do so, so that what you are actually looking at in the sim, both inside and out, is a true-to-life experience, unlike captured by any other reproduction of the aircraft for any sim, shouldn't count on one's decision making. I guess one might as well not waist their time striving to provide that level of accuracy and detail, when a generalized visual experience will do just as well.

Don't get me wrong please.
I'm not denying the quality of the 3D models from Warbirdsim at all. Their models ARE, and will still be beautiful after the A2A Mustang will be out.
But seeing what A2A has done with the Spitfire, you can expect their Accusim Mustang to be at least as beautiful and detailled as the WarBirdSim one. The main difference will be on the realism and the immersion, and Accusim is just the top-level in those areas.
That's why, when it comes to flying a P-51D, the Accusim one will surely be the favorite one, and when flying other earlier variants, the WarBirdSim ones will be the main choice. That's what I wanted to say.

stiz
September 15th, 2011, 08:24

i think its all relative, for example i couldnt care if the D mustang had 12 different sub marks and panel layouts and someone had done each and everyone of em, to me its still just a mustang ... however if someone did one of the planes i love and just did a generalized cockpit even though it had several variations i'd be a bit upset :)

Barfly
September 15th, 2011, 08:42
A Warbirdsim Mustang modified with Accusim would be the perfect FS Mustang IMO. Although the overall A2A package will be very impressive and immersive, it would be a huge effort to match the perfect proportions and visual detail of the Warbirdsim model. Guess we'll just have to see..

MudMarine
September 15th, 2011, 11:38
I, for one, do care about accuracy!! I care about the little details in the Warbirdsim Stang! My solution to the problem is, I'm going to buy both.

Barvan40
September 15th, 2011, 15:56
I, for one, do care about accuracy!! I care about the little details in the Warbirdsim Stang! My solution to the problem is, I'm going to buy both.

Exactly, they both have a lot to offer and owning both gives me the best of both!

khaast
September 16th, 2011, 08:44
I hope they do a G but that cockpit is definetely an A/C. With all that superb work already done it would be a waste not to capture the European market with a G. SSW's offering is not perfect.