PDA

View Full Version : Free JF Hurricane (survey)

YoYo
September 8th, 2011, 21:46
Just do this Survey (till 18.09).

http://www.justflight.com/img/screenshots/20100427105401MR1IW-M.jpg http://www.justflight.com/img/screenshots/20100427104954PZW9J-M.jpg

https://www.smart-survey.co.uk/v.asp?i=39035ozexj

huub vink
September 9th, 2011, 06:12
Have you done it and heard anything back? I checked the JustFlight site and I couldn't find an announcement or something similar. It is well possible I missed it, because that happens more often lately....

Cheers,
Huub

Mr.Mugel
September 9th, 2011, 06:13
It is announced on the JF site, just completed the survey but canīt get the plane as I donīt have a credit card, which is required for account creation...

Itīs a nice gesture anyway!

robertorizzo
September 9th, 2011, 06:21
Did it.
Answered the survey, downloaded the plane.
Yes you need a credit card, even if it's not carged.
Completed just now a flight in Bowerman.
Easy.

Cactuskid
September 9th, 2011, 06:35
I got an email notice from JF about the survey. Did the survey and D/L'd the Hurricane last night. Pretty good deal...

DarrenL
September 9th, 2011, 06:39
Done it, didn't take long (it's made by JF as it's concerning a mobile app for their site they could be bringing out I think).

It's all above board, no dodgy links, I checked my JustFlight account after and it's all in there along with others I have bought from the site in the past, no charge.

aeronca1
September 9th, 2011, 07:18
Hmmmm, credit card required for something free. Not blood likely. Why do they need financial data like that for a free item?????

DarrenL
September 9th, 2011, 07:48
Hmmmm, credit card required for something free. Not blood likely. Why do they need financial data like that for a free item?????

Because you are ordering it from a legitimate website that you would normally buy it from, other people who have not done the survey will still need to pay for it so the transaction needs to be legal with a proper check on the card details. You don't pay though if you put in the coupon code during the transaction to make it free. If you are still worried edit your account details after and remove the card details.

Take your tin foil hat of first though, it might effect the wifi ;)

YoYo
September 9th, 2011, 07:53
Yes. You must create account on JF store and add personal info with credit card number too. After this buy Hurri go to checkout and put "the name of discount" special, secret code :icon_lol: = pay zero.
I downloaded too . Great deal!

falcon409
September 9th, 2011, 11:48
Already had an account, so it took less than 2 minutes to complete the survey and start downloading the Hurricane. . . .Thanks JF.:salute:

Tim-HH
September 9th, 2011, 11:58
Yes, it was a pleasure to fill the survey! Thanks to Just Flight for the nice Hurricane :applause:

Greetings
Tim

warchild
September 9th, 2011, 13:23
is this just for Battle of Britain or does it also work in FSX??

DarrenL
September 9th, 2011, 13:52
It a plane for FSX, 3 variants. Prototype, Mk1 (2 blade), Mk1 early 3blade with multi textures for the the Mk1s.

This is it (product page) - http://www.justflight.com/product.asp?pid=519

OBIO
September 9th, 2011, 14:11
Didn't take long at all to do the survey, get the code, create a JF account and download the package. Thanks JF.

OBIO

TeaSea
September 9th, 2011, 15:56
Don't freak on the credit card. When you submit the discount it will put your cost at zero balance.

I've purchased through Just Flight before, and the transaction is painless. Activation of the product is simple.

warchild
September 9th, 2011, 15:56
she's beautiful, and quite a nice plane to fly as well.. Thank you Just Flight :)..
Pam

TuFun
September 9th, 2011, 17:11
Simple survey, easy download... cool aircraft! Got mine.

Dangerousdave26
September 10th, 2011, 05:52

It is a marketing/research ploy to get more customers into their database and find out what products you might buy.

They require the credit card so they know they have at least a small chance of selling a product to you in the future. Once they have your credit card and they have charged nothing on it they hope to have gained your trust so that you will purchase from them in the future.

No sense in giving the product to someone who will never be able to purchase from you in the future right.

Free is never truly free some where along the line it must have a payout to the person offering the freebie.

**edit I should probably also say there is nothing wrong with this concept. To continue to stay in business you must change and adapt to the market. If you loose site of the market and where it is going you will fail.

MarkH
September 10th, 2011, 06:35
They require the credit card so they know they have at least a small chance of selling a product to you in the future.
I think it's simpler than that - they're just delivering it through their regular retail channel. It's a convenient way to offer a free product without setting up extra infrastructure, and it's common practice for offering review copies.

Snaker
September 10th, 2011, 07:20
I filled out the survey and downloaded with no problems. Just Flight has always treated me well when I have questions about their products. The great thing is that after I downloaded the product I noticed that my account was credited with rewards points for the plane also!! That is a great deal.... :jump:

fxsttcb
September 10th, 2011, 07:38
I got it yesterday and used an old Prepaid Debit Gift Card that had 29 cents left on it! :icon_lol:
Thanks for the HU...Don :icon29:

Dangerousdave26
September 10th, 2011, 07:39
Of course that is just opinion but myself I don't believe anything is that simple when you make these types of decisions at the Corporate level.

As far as joining Just Flight just to get this aircraft and giving them your credit card number? No thanks that is a bad idea.

I have had all of my cards changed 3 times in the last 2 years because somebody got hacked and stole the information.

My bank and your bank if it happened to you can not tell me who got compromised as they are never told. All they can tell me is the credit card processing company was informed by one of their retailers that they had a possible breech.

The lesson learned is give as few people as possible your credit card numbers. Yeah if it gets used when its been stolen you get the charges take off but its still a hassle.

So if you are a Just Flight Customer Great get the Hurricane. If you want to be a Just Flight Customer (they certainly are a reputable company) Great get the Hurricane. Other than that do you really need the Hurricane?

falcon409
September 10th, 2011, 07:59
she's beautiful, and quite a nice plane to fly as well.. Thank you Just Flight :)..
Pam
I agree Pam. I've never had a Hurricane before (Spitfires and P-51's) and this one was a lot of fun to fly. Not as speedy as I expected, but then I know absolutely nothing about the airplane, sooooo, lol. I spent about 20 minutes doing fly-by's just to listen to the engine sounds, lol. Landing this one was easier than I expected also. I generally don't like tail draggers because you lose forward vision as you settle down and also taxiing. I stay firmly in the VC during flights to include takeoff and landing and sometimes I have to go to external view to taxi with this type of airplane. Anyway, landing was a snap. Assuming the aircraft FDE is close, I was over the numbers at 85kts and settled onto the runway at 65kts, it didn't even bounce. Perfect 3 point landing on the first try. It's a keeper.:salute:

Kowalski65
September 10th, 2011, 08:07
When I registered there was an option for your CC details NOT to be remembered by them, so assuming the detaisl are taken off the database after the Hurricane is "bought" (and I see no reason why JF would not do that) CC details would be safe

big-mike
September 10th, 2011, 08:27
I copied the sound from this one over to the JF one.
http://www.flightsim.com/kdl.php?fid=123360
Much better sound imho.
Michael

falcon409
September 10th, 2011, 10:00
I'll give em' a try Mike, thanks for the link!!

glh
September 10th, 2011, 10:24

You are exactly right. You should NOT have to furnish credit card data if you are downloading a FREE item as a result of giving them the answers to a survey that they set forth.

I did the survey and then, like so many others, the "Account Creation" process started wherein they want to add you to their Customer List and collect all the personal data. I just left the Just Flight site after this came up and I won't touch them. I did not need this.

TeaSea
September 10th, 2011, 11:45
You are exactly right. You should NOT have to furnish credit card data if you are downloading a FREE item as a result of giving them the answers to a survey that they set forth.

I did the survey and then, like so many others, the "Account Creation" process started wherein they want to add you to their Customer List and collect all the personal data. I just left the Just Flight site after this came up and I won't touch them. I did not need this.

Your call obviously.

However, the transaction takes place at the end of the process. Their system does not know you have a credit until you tell it you do. Up to that point, it considers this a normal purchase.

No hidden agenda, no space aliens, no conspiracy for world domination. Simple transaction software, like 99.9% of online commerce Takes place under an SSL protocol with hashed information. All nice and tidy.

But, if you feel uncomfortable...then pass.

glh
September 10th, 2011, 13:27
Your call obviously.

However, the transaction takes place at the end of the process. Their system does not know you have a credit until you tell it you do. Up to that point, it considers this a normal purchase.

No hidden agenda, no space aliens, no conspiracy for world domination. Simple transaction software, like 99.9% of online commerce Takes place under an SSL protocol with hashed information. All nice and tidy.

But, if you feel uncomfortable...then pass.

Yes. All they have to do is ask you FIRST "Enter applicable coupon code". Then, after you enter the code, the software could skip asking for a credit/debit/whatever card info. No need to really ask for the numbers first if the software has been programmed correctly.

flaviossa
September 10th, 2011, 13:46
Someone should edit the post above to take out the code ... :gameoff:
If you donīt agree with the method used by JF just leave it alone. Donīt mess with it!

PRB
September 10th, 2011, 15:29
Fantastic plane. Thanks, JF. Always loved the Hawker ship, cheering for the underdog and all. Besides, the Hurricane is a beautiful ship.

http://www.prbsystems.com/pics/Hurricane1.jpg

http://www.prbsystems.com/pics/Hurricane2.jpg

http://www.prbsystems.com/pics/Hurricane3.jpg

OleBoy
September 11th, 2011, 06:03
A shot in the dark, but the system is very naive. I used an expired pre-paid debit card that had zero funds (2010) from an old address, it was accepted and download was received.
That should make all you others with legit cards a bit uncomfortable. It would me. I always use Paypal, or nothing gets purchased. Especially in todays times.

Lawman
September 11th, 2011, 06:33
A shot in the dark, but the system is very naive. I used an expired pre-paid debit card that had zero funds (2010) from an old address, it was accepted and download was received.
That should make all you others with legit cards a bit uncomfortable. It would me. I always use Paypal, or nothing gets purchased. Especially in todays times.

No, the JF-system is not "naive". You are not making an actual purchase, so it doesn't go through the verification process with your credit-/debit card company as it normally would. Otherwise the servers of the credit card companies would get hit with requests for a charge of nil against the card, but costs would still be made to verify the transaction. There would be little point in doing that, now would it? Buying with JF is just as (un)safe as any other online transaction.

RAS_JF
September 12th, 2011, 00:42
It is a marketing/research ploy to get more customers into their database and find out what products you might buy.

Sorry to throw a wet blanket on the conspiracy theories but the simple and perhaps more boring reality of the situation is that we have been kicking ideas around for a while now about various Smartphone-based projects and wanted to get feedback from the FS community about several questions/issues related to this area.
As people have quite rightly pointed out, you don't get anything for free so we assumed that people weren't going to take time out of their day to answer a survey for nothing so we decided to give away something in return. We had several ideas such as giving away free Reward Points, but that is only attractive for people who are already registered with us and we wanted to get responses from a wider audience than that. The only thing we could come up with that was universally appealing was a free aircraft for FSX. The easiest way to do that without spending a load of time creating a new version of the product was to give out a discount code for people to claim one for free.
I'm not going to lie and say that we hold no hopes that some people who try the Hurricane will like it and perhaps think about purchasing from us in the future. If that happens then great, if not then no problem, nobody is under any obligation and we have some helpful information from the survey which was our objective.
I've been doing lots of soul-searching this weekend after finding out that we can't even give our aircraft away (to some people at least) :-^ :wavey:

Quick note about credit card details - yes you do need to enter them to create an account as this is a requirement of our shopping cart software (it wasn't designed for giving away free products). All details are protected under the most secure protocols used for internet based transactions, we are every bit as safe as purchasing from Amazon or Apple etc. Card details are not held by us, but rather in an encrypted database held by our card processor. Even if we wanted to we couldn't see your card details.

Naki
September 12th, 2011, 01:23
I did the survey and got my free Hurricane..Im just not big fan of the Hurricane as a plane but been a warbird nut its nice to have this nice Hurricane in the Hangar.

Since JF gave away this Hurricane and I got another aircraft from them for free (a screenshot prize) I feel rather obliged to give something back so Im getting my next aircraft from JF (its available eslewhere but JF gets my money) when flight sim funds free up.
:salute:

Sieggie
September 12th, 2011, 07:08
I've been doing lots of soul-searching this weekend after finding out that we can't even give our aircraft away (to some people at least) :-^

I'm sure that there are others like myself who would have been glad to grab you plane for free but don't own a Smart Phone. It seemed unethical to fill out the survey just to get a plane by making up answers.

Dave

mike678
September 12th, 2011, 07:22
Thanks very much to JustFlight! I filled out the survey and downloaded the Hurricane. It is a wonderful model of an aircraft I probably wouldn't have bought, but is fun to compare to the Spitfire & P-40.

I was already registered at JustFlight, but even so I'm a bit surprised at all the mistrust. People are leery of entering their data on a well established flightsim site with no past hacking issues, but would seem to have no problem with downloading a free exe file from the same site if they could skip the data entry. Exe's can contain all sorts of nastiness that may not necessarily be picked up by an antivirus program. If a site is or could be hacked to steal your data, why trust an exe file from the same site?

Stan V.
September 12th, 2011, 08:03
Sorry to throw a wet blanket on the conspiracy theories but the simple and perhaps more boring reality of the situation is that we have been kicking ideas around for a while now about various Smartphone-based projects and wanted to get feedback from the FS community about several questions/issues related to this area.....

I have a different problem. I don't own a Smart Phone and just assumed I didn't qualify for the survey response prize - so I didn't answer the survey. Am I correct?

warchild
September 12th, 2011, 09:49
I have a different problem. I don't own a Smart Phone and just assumed I didn't qualify for the survey response prize - so I didn't answer the survey. Am I correct?

Sorry Stan, but no.. Not correct.. I dont own a smart phone ( dont even own a regular phone ) and i have zero intention of ever buying one. I told them so in the survey.. Theres a very nicely done Hawker Hurricane sitting in my hangar at this moment, that wasnt there before..

OBIO
September 12th, 2011, 09:56
I also don't own a smart phone, have no intentions of owning one...but I answered the survey and got the Hurricane....I feel no remorse over doing so. I answered the questions in such a way that it was clear that I do not and will not own a smart phone.

OBIO

bmd
September 12th, 2011, 10:23
Hello,

I have obtained the wonderful Hurricane model. Since I am alredy a customer to Just Flight (I have bought their Wildcat) I have had no problem to have this wonderful bird at a price of 0.00 $

When Ihave try the Hurricane I have had aa small problem. I set the parking brakes usimg the handle on the stick. And then I apply full ppower and the airplane come on iots nose. Also when I apply the brakes during a landing the airpplane come on its nose too.

The solution I use is very simple. I have changed the value of toe_brakes_scale to use the following value
toe_brakes_scale=0.60

The park brake do not retain the aiirplane at full power, but I can une the brake on runway without fear of virtual acident.

Have a good day

Benoit

falcon409
September 12th, 2011, 16:07
Same as Pam & OBIO, I don't own a smartphone, never will, it doesn't hold any interest for me at all. I use my phone to make calls and get calls. . .basically what the phone was invented for. Beyond that. . .ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ, lol. I also answered the survey in a way that let them know my feelings on smartphones. . . .I love my Hurricane.:salute:

fliger747
September 12th, 2011, 17:32
Without pedals braking is often a bit problematic. My experience with the brakes was about right, only tendency to nose over was at the end of the roll at slow speed, and this about right plane wise. Just let off on the brakes at the end.

I did move the eyepoint fwd abou 4" as it is currently too close to the headrest. It is a nice plane and one that will I hope expose more folks to their product line.

T

heywooood
September 12th, 2011, 17:46
I told them I have a dumbphone...

Hurri !

MartinM
September 13th, 2011, 05:56
First of all -> Thanks Justflight for this nice gift! Much appreciated.

I was wondering about who the developer of the Wildcat, the Hurricane and the Spitfire are. Well. I guess this AH_.dds says it all ;)

Cheers
Martin

ronan17
September 13th, 2011, 15:32
edit done ickie

flaviossa
September 13th, 2011, 15:42
:isadizzy::isadizzy::isadizzy: Please admins, edit the post above "again".

LouP
September 13th, 2011, 15:47
Why would you do that? JF was kind enough to extend this offer to the community. It's painless and takes little time :ipepsi2:

LouP :a1451:

N2056
September 13th, 2011, 16:22
I'd like to point out that the guy that pulled that little stunt is no longer a member. :173go1:

StormILM
September 13th, 2011, 16:51
Uggg, completed the survey BUT because Just Flight doesn't accept Discover Card nor Paypal, I am out the option of this "free" model. Oh well. :(

Martyn
September 14th, 2011, 00:04
Uggg, completed the survey BUT because Just Flight doesn't accept Discover Card nor Paypal, I am out the option of this "free" model. Oh well. :(

Please contact me and we'll try and sort something out for you (martyn[at]justflight.com)

Thanks
Martyn

RAS_JF
September 14th, 2011, 00:06
Thanks for jumping on that guys, much appreciated!

StormILM, drop an email to (support[at]justflight.com) and I'm sure that they will be able to sort something out for you.

Edit - Ignore that, Martyn beat me to it.

kilo delta
September 14th, 2011, 02:23
Thanks to JF for their fine gift to the FS community.:applause:

Might I suggest changing the discount code as it's pretty prevalent and easy to find across many fora?

OleBoy
October 3rd, 2011, 12:30
This is a beauty!! I finally got some time to load this Hurricane (edited :icon_lol: ) up and fly it. I would have never known the level of realism contained if I hadn't gotten it the way I did. Otherwise, I never had the slightest intention to ever purchase it. Not meaning that in a derogatory way of course because the modeling and textures are very nicely done for what little knowledge I have of the Spitfire.

I'm glad that I took the survey. What a gift!!

Thank you :icon29:

thefrog
October 3rd, 2011, 13:12
This is a beauty!! I finally got some time to load this Spitfire up and fly it. I would have never known the level of realism contained if I hadn't gotten it the way I did. Otherwise, I never had the slightest intention to ever purchase it. Not meaning that in a derogatory way of course because the modeling and textures are very nicely done for what little knowledge I have of the Spitfire.

I'm glad that I took the survey. What a gift!!

Thank you :icon29:

What's this about a Spitfire??!! Something I missed?

OleBoy
October 3rd, 2011, 13:16
There you have it. Typo! I meant to say Hurricane!!

Bare with me. I'm on pain killers and muscle relaxers