PDA

View Full Version : Uh oh, FSX won't run . .

expat
September 8th, 2011, 03:33
Out of the blue I now get this error message on launch:

Invalid Hardware or Driver Detected<o:p></o:p>
<o:p></o:p>
The graphics card does not meet the minimum requirements for shader support. <o:p></o:p>
This product requires a geForce3/Radeon8500 class or better graphics card.<o:p></o:p>
<o:p></o:p>
Flight Simulator will now exit.

Any ideas what this means? Nvidia GTX275 has always performed well. Have recently been "out of memory" but this happens now and then under heavy loads, e.g. CS 727 + PNW + weather/clouds+ Plan G etc.

I don't think I have any "shader" selected or even know what that is or does.

Thanks for any suggestions.

expat

hae5904
September 8th, 2011, 03:42
Expat, it looks like FSX can't see your graphics card. Check you config file to see what card is mentioned there.

Hank

expat
September 8th, 2011, 04:30
Thanks for your reply.

Checked the fsx.cfg and looks OK:

[DISPLAY.Device.NVIDIA GeForce GTX 275.0]<o:p></o:p>
Mode=1920x1080x32<o:p></o:p>
Anisotropic=1<o:p></o:p>
AntiAlias=1<o:p></o:p>

mal998
September 8th, 2011, 04:35
also, you might need to re-install your video drivers or might need to do a restore to a time before you had this problem. have you made any changes to your system in the pst few days?

i had this problem a few weeks ago but cant remember how i fixed it...duh

check your Video files to make sure you have not downloaded a huge vid which could cause you to get an out of memory error.

often when you go to a website and you play a sim video it automatically downloads.

let us know how you get on

sign on to skype

fxsttcb
September 8th, 2011, 05:09
Also, make sure the display entry for your card isn't duplicated elsewhere in the fsx.cfg.

You can open fsx.cfg and "save as" fsxTodaysDate.cfg to use as a backup, rename the real deal and let the sim create a new one to see if it is indeed a cfg problem.

I use the above style to make Backups, so, I can instantly tell when they were made...Don

expat
September 8th, 2011, 05:31
Thanks all for the help and suggestions.

Am at the office but will do some trial and error later.

check your Video files to make sure you have not downloaded a huge vid which could cause you to get an out of memory error.

Mitch - good call - this is suspect #1 as two teenagers have been on summer vacation and mother/daughter watching a lot of music videos etc. Strange that I didn't make any changes to anything really yesterday when it was running. Gradual loss of memory space also explains losing memory mid flight as well. System Restore may once again be the last resort ( . . hoping it is switched on since having to apply massive malware attack nuclear remedies (e.g. combofix) a while ago . .)!!