PDA

View Full Version : error dll.xml

airtj
September 5th, 2011, 15:43
Has any one had a problem with this dll? I'm trying to install the FSD Rockwell Commander 115. I've been working with their support but nothing seems to work. When I booted into safe mode and tried to install it I got this error. Any suggestions would be appreciated. 47715

timghetta
September 5th, 2011, 16:08
make sure you pointed the installer to the proper FSX directory.

sorry i didn't read properly, you are in safe mode?

could be the dos type directory read where it only sees the first 8digits then it will "~1" to abbreviate the names.

N2056
September 5th, 2011, 16:14
I know from experience that it will throw that message if you try to install with FSX running...

airtj
September 5th, 2011, 20:32
Well still no luck on installing the aircraft. I thought if I reinstalled FSX that it would fix the problem, nope. I even tried to take ownership of the file and the folder that the installer was in. The installer does not need to be pointed to the FSX directory, but thanks for the tip.

warchild
September 5th, 2011, 20:46
Your running XP, so its not something i'm an expert at any longer ( been too many years ), but what the installer is looking for would be the dll.xml file that is located in %application data%\microsoft\fsx. On a windows 7 and vista system it would be %app data%\roaming\microsoft\fsx. if you can locate that directory then your home free..
Pam

airtj
September 6th, 2011, 06:10
Warchild,

The dll is in my fsx config file under application data. Tried a couple of things to look at the file but it's not working at all. Some times FSX can be a pain to work with.

DarrenL
September 6th, 2011, 06:35
Could you create a new folder in a Windows 7 manner and/or Vista and put a copy of the dll.xml file in there then run the installer.

So you have dll.xml in %application data%\microsoft\fsx and you have dll.xml in %app data%\roaming\microsoft\fsx just to cover both bases, in case the installer hasn't been set to look for the dll in the XP location.

As long as the dll in in the right place in XP for FSX to read it, it should run in game. If the installer works.