PDA

View Full Version : Annoying Airport Information Ticker

TARPSBird
September 4th, 2011, 23:42
Can somebody please tell me how to turn off/disable/delete/kill the green airport information ticker that keeps scrolling across the top of my screen??? It opens up spontaneously and it's always for Timmerman Airport. I can close the ticker window but the audio message keeps playing. Obviously at some point I turned it on but now I can't turn it off and I don't see an option in ATC settings.

Daube
September 5th, 2011, 00:18
This green bar appears when you set your COM1 frequency to the automatic weather frequency (ATIS ?) of a nearby airport.
Most likely, your default flight has this frequency in your COM1.

So just modify your COM1 frequency, and save the flight as default.

falcon409
September 5th, 2011, 05:28
Yep or just open your ATC dropdown and select a different controller (Clearance Delivery, Approach, etc). When you do that the Airport info stops immediately. Then just continue your flight.:salute:

italoc
September 5th, 2011, 08:42
Can somebody please tell me how to turn off/disable/delete/kill the green airport information ticker that keeps scrolling across the top of my screen??? It opens up spontaneously and it's always for Timmerman Airport. I can close the ticker window but the audio message keeps playing. Obviously at some point I turned it on but now I can't turn it off and I don't see an option in ATC settings.

Hi Tarpsbird
do you have this annoyance in any particular spot/scenery/airport ???
I have it while flying in the area around Oshkosh .... and I am sure not having turned it on !!!
So whoever has a solution will be rewarded with a beer :icon29: from me too
Italo

Walter
September 5th, 2011, 09:02
I think it only happens at the REALLY big airports.