PDA

View Full Version : Avia BH-5 Prop Disc

falcon409
September 4th, 2011, 22:36
Ahhh, the age old question for many portovers. . . .has anyone figured out a fix for this one? lol
I'm flying the Avia BH-5 by Stepan Obrovsky. . .a very nicely done two-seat trainer/sport plane built in the early 20's by the Avia Works, Czechoslovakia. Stepan really has done a nice job of detailing, especially the engine and the rocker arm animation. . . .pretty cool. Anyway, the only drawback to the FSX model he released is that the prop disc obliterates everything behind it. From the VC, everything is fine, but go outside and it's the same old story as many of you have already discovered with other portovers. I replaced the prop blur with one by Banana Bob and it looks great, but the disc is the culprit. So if there's anyone who has this and has figured out a fix, please let me know. Thanks.

Roger
September 4th, 2011, 22:53
Yes that was the only issue with the Avia and it was a shame because I'd love to have it in FsX. There might be a .mdl fix hopefully.

falcon409
September 4th, 2011, 22:59
Yes that was the only issue with the Avia and it was a shame because I'd love to have it in FSX. There might be a .mdl fix hopefully.
Thanks Roger. I e-mailed Stepan in hopes he might have something at this point (I think these were released on 2007). I'll just wait and see if I get an answer from him and maybe a suggested fix as well. I'll let you know what happens.:salute:

falcon409
September 5th, 2011, 07:57
While I'm waiting on Stepan to answer, I saw something that was minor to fix, but makes a big difference, especially on approach and landing. . . .I darkened the alpha somewhat for the windscreens and the results is much better than the opaque appearance they had initially. You can't see the dirt/grease/oil/bug smudges as well, but they are still there. Anyway, just passing that along to anyone who wants it, lol.:salute: