PDA

View Full Version : FSX Corsair

stiz
December 12th, 2008, 01:21
2 outa 3 aint bad is it mud :mixedsmi:

http://www.milviz.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=11

MudMarine
December 12th, 2008, 01:36
Man Stiz, I think I've just died and gone to heaven!! F6F, F4U and F4F what more can a guy ask for!!

stiz
December 12th, 2008, 02:00
what more can a guy ask for!!

a marine you cant smell comeing? :friday: :costumes:

Panther_99FS
December 12th, 2008, 03:21
Where's da' "Birdcage" ? - That's my favorite Corsair....

stiz
December 12th, 2008, 04:10
not being done unfortunatly i've been told :frown:

Panther_99FS
December 12th, 2008, 04:40
not being done unfortunatly i've been told :frown:

Drat!!!!!! :frown:

hews500d
December 12th, 2008, 04:44
Looks like next year is going to be a great year for addons! The Corsair, L-39 Albatross, can't wait to see what else developers have planned:ernae:

Darrell

jankees
December 12th, 2008, 04:51
Looks like next year is going to be a great year for addons! The Corsair, L-39 Albatross, can't wait to see what else developers have planned:ernae:

Darrell

Aerosoft Catalina, Warbird P-51B, A2A P-47/P-51D update with accusim...

GT182
December 12th, 2008, 05:17
Looks great so far, but someone should tell them the step is missing in the right side flap. ;)

krazycolin
December 12th, 2008, 05:22
Looks great so far, but someone should tell them the step is missing in the right side flap. ;)

Actually, we know about this step. On the F4U-1A, which is the one you are looking at, there is no step. That was added later on the C and the D, which are also going to be in this pack.

Panther, sorry about the "no birdcage"!

Colin

harleyman
December 12th, 2008, 05:43
Oh I got to have that Corsair...Its my all time fave military aircraft.......

When is it expected? Anyone know? And who's making it...

Yes...I'm needy...I want that Corsair...LOl Thanks:applause::applause::wavey:

MudMarine
December 12th, 2008, 07:19
I think I can get over the no birdcage model!! Though is would be nice!

Killbilly
December 12th, 2008, 07:44
Oh, man! If this package has an accurate flight model and is easy on FPS, I'll definitely be forking out for it! :applause::applause::applause:

MudMarine
December 12th, 2008, 07:45
a marine you cant smell comeing? :friday: :costumes:

Are you trying to say Marines reek of booze? When I was in the Corps. I never touched a drop............:censored:.......OW, sorry, I was laughing so hard I fell out of my chair and busted my arse!:costumes: But really, you must be talking about British Royal Marines!:icon_lol::ernae:

stiz
December 12th, 2008, 09:59
Are you trying to say Marines reek of booze? When I was in the Corps.

well i hope its booze, but who knows what marines REALLY drink :barf::costumes: :ernae:

Antoninus
December 12th, 2008, 11:08
The model looks excellent so far. Great to have a true FSX Corsiar soon. However I've noticed one small error. Corsairs do not have an aileron trim tab on the right side.

Henry
December 12th, 2008, 11:19
Are you trying to say Marines reek of booze? When I was in the Corps. I never touched a drop............:censored:.......OW, sorry, I was laughing so hard I fell out of my chair and busted my arse!:costumes: But really, you must be talking about British Royal Marines!:icon_lol::ernae:
Excuse me but the Royal Marines only Drink
under orders :costumes:
LOL
H

empeck
December 12th, 2008, 11:20
This is the most beautiful warbird ever.

stansdds
December 13th, 2008, 04:58
Actually, we know about this step. On the F4U-1A, which is the one you are looking at, there is no step. That was added later on the C and the D, which are also going to be in this pack.

Panther, sorry about the "no birdcage"!

Colin
Actually the step was introduced in the final batches of Goodyear FG-1D's. To my knowledge, no F4U-1C's received the flap with step and the only F4U-1D's with the step were any that might have been retrofitted after the war.

krazycolin
December 13th, 2008, 05:08
So, no step!

We'll move the trim tab over to the other side.

If you have any other comments or crits, NOW is the time to make them.

Colin

jmig
December 13th, 2008, 05:21
So, no step!

We'll move the trim tab over to the other side.

If you have any other comments or crits, NOW is the time to make them.

Colin

Yes, have a Marine trim model with a few bullet holes on the tail, scratched paint under wings (where it flew a bit close to palm trees), cigarette burns on the seat and, a few improvised parts to make up what what they didn't have on location.

In this way, you will allow mud marine to die happy. :costumes:

GT182
December 13th, 2008, 05:55
Colin, you got me. Sorry about that.... I didn't think of the F4U-1C not having the step. My mistake.

BTW... stay warm up there in Montreal. I'm loving the warmer weather down here. We couldn't take the cold up in the Massena and Champlain, NY areas. I served my time in hell from '78 to '93 up in St. Therese at the GM plant. Actually from 1957 to 2005 when we moved south. :costumes:

krazycolin
December 13th, 2008, 06:32
I hate the weather here... but not the time to move to Arizona... YET!

We do indeed plan on having a (mud)Marine version and we will put some holes into it as well.

Scratch
December 13th, 2008, 16:39
well i hope its booze, but who knows what marines REALLY drink :barf::costumes: :ernae:

Laphroaig does it for this Marine:friday:

fliger747
December 13th, 2008, 16:44
Complete with icecream maker pod and specially derated Marine spare parts engine?

T.

krazycolin
December 13th, 2008, 17:01
It would be good if someone could tell me what types of munitions these planes would have carried.... (F4U-1A, F4U-1C and F4U-1D)

thanks!

MCDesigns
December 13th, 2008, 17:24
It would be good if someone could tell me what types of munitions these planes would have carried.... (F4U-1A, F4U-1C and F4U-1D)

thanks!

looks like .50 cal

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/F4U_Corsair

MudMarine
December 13th, 2008, 17:31
I have the F4U and F4U-4 pilots manuals but they don't list specific loads. They carried the standard ordance of the time: 100-500 lb bombs, they could carry up to two 500lbs. Not sure if all models could do that? Drops tanks. Rockets for close air support. Naplam was used by Marine pilots for close air also. I remember reading that Marine's used a tracer round every 5th bullet, so many that tracer rounds became hard to find. Tracer's were excellent for setting zero's on fire and ground targets also. I can't remember the source for that, so I can't be exactely sure. But I'm sure someone will come along and tell you what each and every Corsair carried, date and time!:costumes: There are some serious experts around here!!

MudMarine
December 13th, 2008, 17:32
looks like .50 cal

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/F4U_Corsair

Some model F4U's had four 20mm cannons, Marines used them later in the war. But most Cosairs' had six .50 cal guns.

Scratch
December 13th, 2008, 18:20
This may be of help: http://www.thecorsairexperience.com/

This is on my 'to buy soon' list.

Antoninus
December 14th, 2008, 01:03
Most F4Us had six 0.5" guns with 400 rounds for the 4 inner and 375 for the two outboard guns, thus 2350 rounds in total. F4U-1C and later 20 mm cannon armed versions carried 231 rpg.

F4U-1: Two small bomb racks for 100 ibs bombs under the wings.

F4U-1A: One centerline rack for bombs up 1000 ibs. Originally filed mods later F4U-1A planes were already modified to carry Brewster mad bomb rack or 170 gallon droptank.

F4U-1D: 4 zero length rocket launcher under each wing (5" HVAR), two wing pylons and one centerline station for bombs up to 1000 ibs (officially, centerline rack could also handle a 2000 ibs bomb), two 11.75" rockets or 150 gallon drop tanks, 175 gallons on centerline station (also with napalm filling).

F4U-1C: same as F4U-1D but no rocket launchers

Unlike most planes of the thirties and forties there are lots of original documents about the F4U available for sale or free these days. Pilot and maintenance manuals, original factory drawings, training videos, standard aircraft characteristics, flight test data etc.. You can perhaps learn almost everything about most technical details of the F4U-1.

Performance Data:
Lots of data for F4U-1 till -4
http://www.wwiiaircraftperformance.org/f4u/f4u.html

Standard aircraft characteristics for XF4U-2 and -3:
http://www.ibiblio.org/hyperwar/USN/SAC/

Blueprints:

This Ebay shop is selling a CD with over 200 ex Vought factory drawings and multiple manuals
http://stores.ebay.com/Flug-archiv-20_Blueprint-Multi-CD_W0QQcolZ4QQdirZ1QQfsubZ13QQftidZ2QQtZkm

A few are available for free and of course lots of 3 view drawings:
http://www.f4ucorsair.com/tdata/blueprints.html
http://www.voughtaircraft.com/heritage/html/down.html

Manuals:

For free:
British and US F4U-1 -1D manuals:
http://www.tailwheel.nl/v/voughtf4ucorsair/index.html

For sale:

The british Corsiar Mk I -IV manual is also available as a nice and cheap facsimile reproduction (amazon) as well as the 1945 edition of F4U-4 flight manual and the final (?) F4U-5/N/NL/P manual from 1952. Many webshops sell pdf copies:

http://www.flight-manuals-on-cd.com/F4U.html
http://www.eflightmanuals.com/
Although more expensive than others this shop also offers the Erection and Maintenance Instructions, Parts Catalog, Structural Repair manual and Hydraulics Instruction Manual besides the usual pilot's manuals for various versions.

http://stores.ebay.com/ronsaviationshop_aircraft-manuals-V_W0QQcolZ4QQdirZ1QQfsubZ20442533QQftidZ2QQtZkm
They have a F2G Super Corsiar manual

Training video:
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-1056703518162002454

Photos:

Especially written for scale modelers. Both books describe all visible changes between the various versions and feature lots of photos showing details of the planes that you will usually not find in the web. Things like the F4u-7 centerline pylon, XF4U-1 bomb bays or the two wing airbags.

F4U Corsair in Detail & Scale Part 1 (No. 55): XF4u-1- XF4U-3, FG-2
F4U Corsair Detail and Scale Pt.2 (No. 56): F4U-4 through F4U-7

Squadron Signal publications:
Nomen est omen.
F4U Corsair in action Nr. 29
F4U Corsair in action Nr. 145

Else:
BuAer numbers for all Corsairs and sometimes the destiny of the plane:
http://home.att.net/~jbaugher/navyserials.html (http://home.att.net/%7Ejbaugher/navyserials.html)

Chuck_Jodry-VJPL
December 14th, 2008, 03:44
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-1056703518162002454

This is a great WWII pilot training film for the Corsair, Colin already has seen this but it fits in nicely with that extensive list so i thought i should add it .

stansdds
December 14th, 2008, 04:45
Most F4Us had six 0.5" guns with 400 rounds for the 4 inner and 375 for the two outboard guns, thus 2350 rounds in total. F4U-1C and later 20 mm cannon armed versions carried 231 rpg.

The F4U-4 retained the six 50 caliber gun arrangement. Beginning with the F4U-4B, the armament was switched to four 20mm cannons through the end of the production of the Corsair.

F4U-1: Two small bomb racks for 100 ibs bombs under the wings.

Correct, but there is no evidence of the racks being used in combat and most were removed in the field.

F4U-1A: One centerline rack for bombs up 1000 ibs. Originally filed mods later F4U-1A planes were already modified to carry Brewster mad bomb rack or 170 gallon droptank.

The centerline hardpoint was designed into the F4U-1A for the purpose of attaching a drop tank. VF-17 and VMF-222 developed field improvised racks in January and February of 1944. The first fighter-bomber strike carried out was by VMF-111 on March 18, 1944.

F4U-1D: 4 zero length rocket launcher under each wing (5" HVAR), two wing pylons and one centerline station for bombs up to 1000 ibs (officially, centerline rack could also handle a 2000 ibs bomb), two 11.75" rockets or 150 gallon drop tanks, 175 gallons on centerline station (also with napalm filling).

F4U-1C: same as F4U-1D but no rocket launchers

The F4U-1C was identical to the F4U-1D in all respects except for the substitution of the 20mm cannons instead of machine guns. F4U-1C's were produced in small batches during the production of F4U-1D's.

Nice looking F4U-1A! :applause:

Antoninus
December 14th, 2008, 07:08
The F4U-1C was identical to the F4U-1D in all respects except for the substitution of the 20mm cannons instead of machine guns. F4U-1C's were produced in small batches during the production of F4U-1D's.

I know that most sources do claim this. However in the actual pilot's manual it is mentioned that only F4U-1D outer wing panels contain rocket installations and F4U-1C planes have only rocket controls in the cockpit because the outer wing panels are interchangeable. Apparently the arrangement of zero length rocket launchers found on F4U-1D and F4U-4 planes was not possible when 4 20 mm cannons were installed. Cannon armed F4U-4B and F4U-5 planes had rearranged launchers.

Pictures:
1. Excerpt from the manual, dated 1. June 1944
2. F4U-4 with rocket launchers
3. F4U-4B with new, rearranged launchers

RCAF_Gunner
December 14th, 2008, 08:34
So, do we have two Corsairs coming for FSX, one from Realflight and one from Milviz, or is it a collaborative project between the two companies?

krazycolin
December 14th, 2008, 08:50
Milviz was originally going to be working with Realflight on the Corsair, but for a variety of reasons, that has fallen through and we will be doing it on our own. As to whether or not Realflight will be putting out a Corsair of their own is up to them.

RCAF_Gunner
December 14th, 2008, 09:03
Milviz was originally going to be working with Realflight on the Corsair, but for a variety of reasons, that has fallen through and we will be doing it on our own. As to whether or not Realflight will be putting out a Corsair of their own is up to them.

Thanks for the quick reply. I'm looking forward to the release of your Corsair.

MudMarine
December 14th, 2008, 09:58
I thought the Realflight hog was on hold?

MudMarine
December 14th, 2008, 10:01
Yes, have a Marine trim model with a few bullet holes on the tail, scratched paint under wings (where it flew a bit close to palm trees), cigarette burns on the seat and, a few improvised parts to make up what what they didn't have on location.

In this way, you will allow mud marine to die happy. :costumes:

Ya, thanks to the Navy. I won't take it any further........

krazycolin
December 14th, 2008, 10:31
I thought the Realflight hog was on hold?

I would suggest that you ask Dean of Realflight this question. I have no answer for you on this one.

MCDesigns
December 14th, 2008, 13:16

Was just looking thru your site, very impressive models. Are you guys finding it a challenge to model for the sim instead of the modeling app, watching your polys/detail more closely and then getting it prepped for the sim as opposed to the renderer?

Here's hoping your corsair does well and is the first of many sim addons from you guys :ernae:

krazycolin
December 14th, 2008, 14:09
Thanks for the compliment. My team and I all appreciate them!

We generally work with a SubD model. This allows us to work in both high and low/med rez. Gives us the best of both worlds. Sometimes we have to backtrack and dumb things down even more but usually we do pretty good.

For the Corsair, this will indeed be the first addon that we do ourselves but, that said, we've been doing addon models for about 4 years now with clients including Alphasim, Iris, FSAddon and, most recently, Realflight.

We're still in the market for doing others as well as our own...

Thanks again!

KC

stansdds
December 15th, 2008, 02:36
I know that most sources do claim this. However in the actual pilot's manual it is mentioned that only F4U-1D outer wing panels contain rocket installations and F4U-1C planes have only rocket controls in the cockpit because the outer wing panels are interchangeable. Apparently the arrangement of zero length rocket launchers found on F4U-1D and F4U-4 planes was not possible when 4 20 mm cannons were installed. Cannon armed F4U-4B and F4U-5 planes had rearranged launchers.

Pictures:
1. Excerpt from the manual, dated 1. June 1944
2. F4U-4 with rocket launchers
3. F4U-4B with new, rearranged launchers

Photos of F4U-1C's of VMF-441 and VBF-99 F4U-1C's in theater clearly show the stubs and rockets attached.

MudMarine
December 15th, 2008, 06:36
Photos of F4U-1C's of VMF-441 and VBF-99 F4U-1C's in theater clearly show the stubs and rockets attached.

That's becuase Marines do what we have to do in the field to get the job done. Manual's........we don't need no stinking manual's!!:icon_lol:

Antoninus
December 15th, 2008, 10:43

Are the photos showing 2 or 4 rockets per wing? Or better can you please post this photos or at least where they can be found?

I try to collect all relevant evidence about the F4Us technical aspects. Especially for cases where the sources are conflicting as here and multiple possible descriptions exist. As a third variant in "F4U Corsair in Detail & Scale Part 1" the author Bert Kinzey claims that rocket installations were installed in all F4U-1Cs starting with BuNo 82260, but only for two not 4 rockets under each wing, which also sounds plausible. Unfortunately authors just claim things without citing their references in such kind of literature.

stansdds
December 16th, 2008, 02:06
Are the photos showing 2 or 4 rockets per wing? Or better can you please post this photos or at least where they can be found?

I try to collect all relevant evidence about the F4Us technical aspects. Especially for cases where the sources are conflicting as here and multiple possible descriptions exist. As a third variant in "F4U Corsair in Detail & Scale Part 1" the author Bert Kinzey claims that rocket installations were installed in all F4U-1Cs starting with BuNo 82260, but only for two not 4 rockets under each wing, which also sounds plausible. Unfortunately authors just claim things without citing their references in such kind of literature.
I'll try to pull out the books and scan the photos tonight.

harleyman
December 16th, 2008, 06:22
Where will this be sold? I must have it....

Thanks............................

stansdds
December 16th, 2008, 17:03
Photographic evidence of HVAR installation on the F4U-1C

http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b81/stansdds/F4U-1CVMF-311-7Apr1945-F4UCorsairat.jpg
F4U-1C number 327 of VMF-311, April 7, 1945, very clearly shows launching stubs for four rockets. This photo was found on page 127 of F4U Corsair at War.

http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b81/stansdds/F4UCorsairinActionpp20.jpg
In this set of photos, found on page 20 of F4U Corsair in Action the top photo shows two rockets being carried, the center photograph shows number 55 with two launchers and the spot for the other two covered with tape, number 41 has two launchers. The bottom photo is VMF-311 again, dated April 7, 1945, but number 318 has no launchers.

So it is correct for the F4U-1 to have no launchers, the inboard pair of launchers, or both pairs of launchers like the F4U-1D.

MudMarine
December 16th, 2008, 17:42
Ahhhh.......field modifications, the book historians nightmare.

Prowler1111
December 16th, 2008, 17:56
Ahhhh.......field modifications, the book historians nightmare.
Not just them, we devs as well, while developing the Banshee, found out that almost ALL F2H-2 had different cockpit layouts due to either field modifications (Marine birds) or pilots choice due to the type´s poor ergonomics..with the F2H-3 & 4 ergonomics were improved (also regulations were enforced) but, like is said, i had to make a balance..
Prowler

noshadez
December 16th, 2008, 20:16
And the balance is good..somebody might find an old pic of one that has (I love lindy lou) written on the fuselauge somewhere and demand that be on it or else..tooo picky:isadizzy:

Antoninus
December 17th, 2008, 10:32
Thanks for the images!

krazycolin
December 17th, 2008, 11:41
Yes, indeed, thanks very much for all of the assistance and suggestions.

We will be doing the Corsairs as such:

F4U-1A guns, centerline drop tank or 500lb bomb, no rockets

F4U-1C 20mm cannons, centerline drop tank or 500lb bomp, no rockets (possiblly one or two with)

F4U-1D guns, wing pylons with 2 500lb bombs or drop tanks, centerline drop tank or 1000lb bomb and rockets

How does this sound for everyone?

Once again, thanks to all who've helped out on this one!

KC

Killbilly
December 17th, 2008, 13:12

KC

Like a little slice of heaven! Keep the FPS high and the flight model hard, please, and I'll be buying.

SolarEagle
December 17th, 2008, 14:49
Honestly the MilViz model and textures are the very best part of the Realflight Hellcat, the rest of the programming is so-so. If both companies are going to make a Corsair I'll be going after the one with the MilViz model.

Cobra8472
December 17th, 2008, 15:29
Honestly the MilViz model and textures are the very best part of the Realflight Hellcat, the rest of the programming is so-so. If both companies are going to make a Corsair I'll be going after the one with the MilViz model.

MilViz handled the coding on our aircraft.

krazycolin
December 17th, 2008, 17:07
MilViz handled the coding on our aircraft.

That's true! We did the coding as well and, just about everything else except most of the liveries and are proud of it! Jerry Beckwith did the FDE, Chuck Jodry and Jesse's team (Skysunlimited) did the gauges and XML's and Chuck supplied the weapons system and integration. Chuck is also doing almost all of the fixes and to be honest, there's not that many!

We're all proud to have worked on such a fine addon. And we are totally firm on supporting it fully!

That said, if you find that the Hellcat's systems and/or flight mechanics are bad or otherwise deficient, please post your complaints or critiscims on the RF site and we will see if we can't rectify them.

Otherwise, please, don't compare the two aircraft, one of which isn't even flying yet.

One thing to note: this is the first time that Milviz does the whole package (FDE, systems, gauges, XML,), so we're noobs and we're learning more every day! We've done lots of models though and that quality level should tell you where we're headed!

KC

MudMarine
December 17th, 2008, 17:59
Well the Hellcat is so-so outstanding to me! Best single engine fighter for FSX yet, my opinion. The only thing that would make it better for me is some more engine management. But you know how it is, someone would bitch that it's too hard..........:isadizzy: I'm really looking forward to a really nice F4U for FSX!!:jump::applause:

krazycolin
December 17th, 2008, 18:26
I'm really looking forward to a really nice F4U for FSX!!:jump::applause:

And you'll get it!

fliger747
December 17th, 2008, 18:45
To be historically correct... the Marines will get them first.... No complain'n.....

T.

MudMarine
December 17th, 2008, 18:58
And you'll get it!

Well, I'm waiting!!...............still don't have it yet, waiting!!.........:costumes:

MudMarine
December 17th, 2008, 19:03
To be historically correct... the Marines will get them first.... No complain'n.....

T.

If I get one first you won't hear a peep out of me!!:icon_lol: Maybe screams of ecstacy...Oh Baby.....Oh Baby......well, you get the point!hehe:costumes:

Panther_99FS
December 17th, 2008, 19:14
All these and no "Birdcage"....:frown:

Yes, indeed, thanks very much for all of the assistance and suggestions.

We will be doing the Corsairs as such:

F4U-1A guns, centerline drop tank or 500lb bomb, no rockets

F4U-1C 20mm cannons, centerline drop tank or 500lb bomp, no rockets (possiblly one or two with)

F4U-1D guns, wing pylons with 2 500lb bombs or drop tanks, centerline drop tank or 1000lb bomb and rockets

Once again, thanks to all who've helped out on this one!

KC

djscoo
December 17th, 2008, 19:24
All these and no "Birdcage"....:frown:
I'd never heard of the "birdcage", but all this fuss made me look it up...whaddaya know, I kinda want a "birdcage" now.:redf:

heywooood
December 17th, 2008, 19:49
I can live without it...not that an FSX Hog needs the better visibility provided by the blown canopy - nobody is hunting you in FSX after all - I still wont miss all that framing.

Bentwings baby :ernae:

Panther_99FS
December 17th, 2008, 20:16
The "Birdcage" suffers from the same recognition problem that the "B/C" Mustang & "Razorback" P-47s suffer - and that's that the bubble/blown canopy versions got all the publicity but their legacy was forged by the caged/early models....:)

I'd never heard of the "birdcage", but all this fuss made me look it up...whaddaya know, I kinda want a "birdcage" now.:redf:

MudMarine
December 17th, 2008, 20:35
The "Birdcage" suffers from the same recognition problem that the "B/C" Mustang & "Razorback" P-47s suffer - and that's that the bubble/blown canopy versions got all the publicity but their legacy was forged by the caged/early models....:)

The first hose nose's the Marine Corps got were birdcage models. So any good Marine worth his salt wants one! Sure would be nice!!:jump:

SolarEagle
December 17th, 2008, 22:55
Maybe I used a poor choice of words. I was just saying the model is what sets the Hellcat above the competition. Sorry about that, didn't mean any disrespect.

stansdds
December 18th, 2008, 02:04
Here's a picture of the "birdcage" Corsair. It was the first production version and the canopy was lower and had multiple braces.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/8/85/F4U-1_NACA_1943.jpeg

stansdds
December 19th, 2008, 14:39
I am looking forward to seeing this Corsair project finished and released. The project that I was beta testing and consulting on (Pendergraft's Ultimate F4U-1) has been suspended indefinitely and I just installed FSX. I guess I can try the fixes for the Alpha Bleu F4U-7 in the mean time.

Antoninus
December 20th, 2008, 09:19
The Alpha Bleu F4U-7 also works well with acceleration carrier.

krazycolin
December 20th, 2008, 09:33
How about this for those that want a birdcage: we'll see what we can do about doing the canopy mods but the VC will stay the same... how does that sound?

KC

MudMarine
December 20th, 2008, 10:08
Sounds ok to me.

stiz
December 20th, 2008, 10:51
How about this for those that want a birdcage: we'll see what we can do about doing the canopy mods but the VC will stay the same... how does that sound?

KC

sounds fine to me :jump: :jump: :jump:

EgoR64
December 20th, 2008, 11:44
:jump: Looking Nice !!

Panther_99FS
December 20th, 2008, 12:06
Very much appreciated Colin...:ernae:

stansdds
January 24th, 2009, 03:28
Any progress on the FSX Corsair?

krazycolin
January 24th, 2009, 07:06
it's still in alpha while we get all the animations, tooltips and gauges running. Once that's done, sometime this coming week, it's going over to Chuck who will check it out and make sure that all is running well and then, we're sending it off to the beta testers!

And then, we'll see...

But, i can tell you this: Tom has been flying it to the edge doing his FDE and i'm pretty darned impressed with the way the Hog flies! (or doesn't as the case may be!)

fliger747
January 24th, 2009, 09:13
This thing is just too dang much fun......

Tom

fliger747
January 25th, 2009, 20:35
A little more fun with the Corsair, dive bombing, boring in from 12,000'... oops, it's one of ours...

And off at full power for a bogy intercept that has slipped past the radar picket destroyers.

T.

hews500d
January 26th, 2009, 05:24
Thanks for the screenies! This looks like it's going to be a fantastic bird, feel free to post more pics :wavey:

Darrell

stansdds
January 27th, 2009, 03:06
By the way, what's with the semi-circular tube on the upper surface of each wing?

You can see it in the fourth image in the first post.

jeansy
January 27th, 2009, 03:08
very very very very nice :amen:

stiz
January 27th, 2009, 03:25
By the way, what's with the semi-circular tube on the upper surface of each wing?

You can see it in the fourth image in the first post.

thats part of the gear which hasnt been fully animated yet :wave:

krazycolin
January 27th, 2009, 04:33
Hydraulics, matey, hydraulics!!!!