PDA

View Full Version : My Daddy Has passed tonight..

HouseHobbit
September 2nd, 2011, 21:01
I just left the hospital, My father is now with our Lord..
I was with him yesterday, showing him my Harley, and we were planning to get together today for my Birthday..
I am Grateful to Our Lord that I have been Blessed with his Love for 56 years..
Now he is with my other loved ones in Our Lord's hands..

OBIO
September 2nd, 2011, 21:43
HH

I am so deeply sorry to read this news. You have had more than your fair share of Hobbit woes already....

Tim

SpitXIV
September 2nd, 2011, 21:59
HouseHobbit,

My sympathies to you and your family. Our departed
family members are never gone as long as we remember them.

TARPSBird
September 2nd, 2011, 22:01
HouseHobbit, very sorry to hear this. My condolences to you and your family.

Tako_Kichi
September 2nd, 2011, 22:07
You have my condolences HH. I recently lost my only sibling who I have not seen in over 12 years as we lived on different continents. It's hard but it does get easier one day at a time.

mrogers
September 2nd, 2011, 23:36
HouseHobbit, my deepest condolences to you and your family..

AndyG43
September 2nd, 2011, 23:43
Sorry to hear of your loss. My sincere condolences to you & yout family.

Astoroth
September 3rd, 2011, 02:03
Sorry to hear this, HH, my sympathies...

HouseHobbit
September 3rd, 2011, 02:48
Thank You ALL Very Much..
It has been a long night, I have much to do now..
I am not ready for this..
May Our Lord Bless each of you for your kindness ..

Roger
September 3rd, 2011, 03:21
Really sorry to hear this HH. Please accept my condolences.

papab
September 3rd, 2011, 03:52
I lost my Father this past March....time will help heal even though I miss him dearly
HH, I am so sorry for your loss, my God rest his soul
Rick

Thoe6969
September 3rd, 2011, 05:50
I'm so sorry to hear this,just know the Lord will give you the strength to do the things you have to do.

n4gix
September 3rd, 2011, 08:25
Even though I lost both my parents decades ago, there still remains a tiny remnant of pain. I send along my condolences for your loss dear friend, and share in your grief. What helped me cope was grasping tightly to memories of the good times, and letting the occasional bad times fade into the sunset.

Daveroo
September 3rd, 2011, 08:34
HouseHobbit,,,im sorry to hear of your loss,,my thoughts and prayers are with you..

beana51
September 3rd, 2011, 08:47
My sympathies to you and your family,Moms and Dads are special....they live as long as you remember them...and I'm sure you will never forget him....Vin

Sascha66
September 3rd, 2011, 08:59
My sincere condolences.

Sascha

Pauke! Pauke!
September 3rd, 2011, 09:04
HH, you have my sympathy for your loss. I, like n4gix, have lost both my parents years ago. His advise is sound. It helped me to keep in better touch with my siblings and other family members. We honor the memory of those who have past by relating stories and memories of them with each other. This helps all of us and eases the pain and sadness of their absence, especially during the holidays. It did get better in time with me. I hope it will for you also.

IanHenry
September 3rd, 2011, 09:20
Househobbit,
I’m saddened to hear of your loss and would like to offer my sincere condolences.

Regards,
Ian.

TeaSea
September 3rd, 2011, 11:06
Hope you feel better HH. I too lost my dad two years ago this November. Time does heal to an extent, but every now and again I find myself thinking "wait until I mention this to Dad", then I get a bit melancholy.

robert41
September 3rd, 2011, 16:18
My condolences HouseHobbit.

yank51
September 3rd, 2011, 16:35
Hobbit, you have my sincere condolences. For me, it's been just over 4 years now, but I can tell you that you will always remember the good times you shared with your Dad....

limjack
September 3rd, 2011, 20:11
Thinking about you as well brother.

Jim

norab
September 3rd, 2011, 21:20
Hoisehobbit please accept my deepest condolences. I lost my Dad just after Christmas and it still hurts. We can never know the Lord's plans but rest assured that He will care for you in this terrible time. I grieve with you Brother.

mikezola
September 3rd, 2011, 21:46
HH- You have my utmost sympathy- I suddenly lost my Dad two months ago, and I will probably continue to quote him years from now. Fortunately, the last time I saw him alive (on Father's Day) ended with a hug and 'I love you' from both of us...
I must echo what's been said already a few times here- they're never really gone as long as they are remembered...

Mike Z.

jhefner
September 3rd, 2011, 22:54
Househobbit;

I am sorry for your loss and can truely share your pain, for my own father passed away as well; at about 11:50 this evening. He was in a hospital in Lafayette with double pnemonia, congestive heart failure, and an infection. He has been sick for several weeks so it is not unexpected; but never full prepared for it.

I believe Tropical Storm Lee was passing through the Lafayette as Dad passed on; like Mark Twain and Beethoven; that seemed like the right way for Dad to go. I'll miss you, Dad.

-James

huub vink
September 4th, 2011, 00:14
My condolences,

Huub

Snuffy
September 4th, 2011, 05:03
My condolences Owen. And on your birthday too. :(

Chin up my friend.

Odie
September 4th, 2011, 10:03
HH, deepest sympathies, sir.

SgtT
September 4th, 2011, 13:02
I'm sorry for your loss, I lost my father about 6 years ago. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

T.

rayrey10
September 4th, 2011, 16:40
HH- my deepest sympathy and heartfelt condolences

HouseHobbit
September 4th, 2011, 18:26
Househobbit;

I am sorry for your loss and can truely share your pain, for my own father passed away as well; at about 11:50 this evening. He was in a hospital in Lafayette with double pnemonia, congestive heart failure, and an infection. He has been sick for several weeks so it is not unexpected; but never full prepared for it.

I believe Tropical Storm Lee was passing through the Lafayette as Dad passed on; like Mark Twain and Beethoven; that seemed like the right way for Dad to go. I'll miss you, Dad.

-James
James, I am heartbroken to hear of your loss.. I shall Hold you in My prayers.. God Bless you..I am without words for this.. I Hope you will have many to help and support you during this difficult time..
PM me if you need to talk.. I will have shoulder for you to lean on ..

jhefner
September 4th, 2011, 20:32
James, I am heartbroken to hear of your loss.. I shall Hold you in My prayers.. God Bless you..I am without words for this.. I Hope you will have many to help and support you during this difficult time..
PM me if you need to talk.. I will have shoulder for you to lean on ..

We're in this together; HH; we will lift each other up with our prayers.

My family and friends have surrounded us in our time of grief; and I hope they are doing the same for you. Likewise, PM me as well. Rather than lean on your shoulder, we will lean on each other and hold each other up.

-James

PeteHam
September 5th, 2011, 02:44
HouseHobbit & James,

You are both in my thoughts and prayers.

Grief is never easy and sometimes words can't express our symapthy.

When I lost my first wife back in 1992 these words from my daily devotional gave me comfort ....

In the pathway of faith we come to learn that the Lord's thoughts are not our thoughts, nor His ways our ways. Both in the physical and spiritual realm, great pressure means great power !

Although circumstances may bring us into a place of death, that need not spell disaster -- for if we trust in the Lord and wait patiently, that simply provides the occasion for the display of His almighty power. "Remember his marvelous works that he hath done; his wonders and the judgments of his mouth" (Ps. 105:5)

Mrs. Charles E. Cowman
Streams in the Desert Vol1<o:p></o:p>

I trust the Lord to comfort you in the days and weeks ahead.

Pete.

SPman
September 5th, 2011, 18:41
Sorry to hear of your loss.
My condolences.

My dad died a year ago - Sept 3 2010.

Sad times

warchild
September 5th, 2011, 20:34
As i am hardly ever in news hawks, i just now learned of this from a friend. I feel for you hobbit. Lost a bunch of my own to mr grim, so, i know how i took that hurt and i figure we're all kinda alike in some ways.. You have my deepest sympathies, and as always, remain in my prayers.. Your a good brother.. Love ya.
Pam

N2056
September 5th, 2011, 20:45
I have not replied until now as this has caused me to spend much time in reflection. My dad is still chugging along. I lost my Mom a few years ago, and I'm still occasionally hit with emotion over it.

For both HouseHobbit & James..

I am terribly sorry for your loss. Please accept my deepest condolences. Hopefully the hurt will ease over time. I will offer prayers that it will be so.

God Bless,
Robert

GT182
September 6th, 2011, 10:05
My condolences to you and your families HH, James and Mike. Never an easy thing to go thru until it happens to your own parent(s). Thoughts and prayers with you all.

Both of mine are gone and it's a different world without them. But that's the price of getting older. Sadly, none of us can live forever.

wildcat
September 6th, 2011, 10:13
My condolences to you

Mick

Henry
September 6th, 2011, 14:48
sorry to see thathe is in a better place
H

HouseHobbit
September 6th, 2011, 15:43
Thanks very much to all..
Our family here at SOH is a true blessing..
I have all the arrangements made..
And Saturday we will lay My Dad to rest in Our family's graveyard in Kentucky..
His birthday would have been Thursday, so we move it all back so as not to bury him on His Birthday..
I will open the grave and close it as I have done for all my family for 35 years..

To my Brothers here who also have loss their loved ones, My heart grieves for you and I will Hold each of you in My prayers..
Thanks to all..
God bless each of you..

johnh_049
September 6th, 2011, 17:20
sincere condolences to you. i lost my dad nearly 12 years ago, and I still miss him.

Eoraptor1
September 12th, 2011, 17:36
I haven't signed in for a while, HouseHobbit. You have my most sincere sympathies. Please keep yourself well. It does get better.

JAMES

Lionheart
September 12th, 2011, 20:24
I am very sorry HH. This is tragic..

May God bless you with enduring strength and spiritual guidance to make it through this difficult time.

May his soul rest in peace, re-unite with friends and family, and sore high in the skies above.

Bill

Cees Donker
September 13th, 2011, 05:30
Sorry for the loss of your father HouseHobbit. My very fragile and demented father will be 85 in december. I hope we'll see that happen.

Cees

HouseHobbit
September 13th, 2011, 08:55
Thank You to all,
I am home from burying my Dad.. It will be a difficult few weeks for my Mom.. I am trying to Help her get this all settled. And I haven't gotten this sorted out yet, still walking in circles here..
To My Brothers and Sisters here at SOH, THANK YOU ALL VERY MUCH..
God Bless each of you..
Owen

heywooood
September 13th, 2011, 20:08
keep your head up kid, what would your father have you do but carry on and remember him well?
So just do that and live the way he taught you to and it becomes more and more bearable.

HouseHobbit
September 14th, 2011, 06:15
God Bless each of you..
I am Home from Kentucky, I closed the grave as I have always done for many years now in my family..
I guess I came to the realization it was final, when I saw Dad in the casket..
Now I will help my Mom and sister adjust, this will be very hard for Mom..

I hold to the Hope that my father is safe in Our Lords hands now..
And again someday we will be together, By God's Mercy and Love..
Thanks to all here my SOH Family..