PDA

View Full Version : 'Dale Jr. Expresses Relief'

Panther_99FS
September 2nd, 2011, 17:05
http://www.nascar.com/news/110902/dearnhardt-jr-extension-chase-relief/index.html

Daveroo
September 3rd, 2011, 08:31
ive got some personal feeling about Jr,,,,but i really think he has to deal with his own personal life before he is going to do well on track again,,ive seen some pre-race interviews where it is plainly obvious he is extremely hungover from the party the night before ( ive had people try to tell me he doesnt drink,he owns a bar and has a "park" in his back forty with a wild west style saloon stocked with alcohol,both on film)and then after the race he is so worn out he cant even speak,cant catch his breath,yet carl edwards and others are almost dancing around they are still good to go....

he needs to confront his "devils",,alcohol,,and i believe if he came out of the closet,,( im serious about that) he may be able to put more into his sport/job..not worry so much about his "private life" staying private....how many straight guys box other guys in theyre underwear,or go on stag raft trip in the nude?..both things documented to have been done by jr when younger...having young men move into your house all the time.....im by NO means putting him down....im just saying he needs to confront his feeling before he can move on...sure made a HUGE change in my life.....

PRB
September 3rd, 2011, 13:49
Agree with Daveroo, to a certain point. I have no idea “what side of the closet door”, as it were, jr is, nor I care. His business, not mine. But, he does seem to express an alarming amount of indifference about his results and record when interviewed. This may be an annoyance at reporters in general, and his being in a “fishbowl” for so many years, but when he says that making “The Chase” is important in a professional sense, but “no big deal” personally, I would think that would worry sponsors and owners just a little. This seems to be his attitude in most interviews where his on track performance is the topic.

wombat666
September 4th, 2011, 00:23
Agree with Daveroo, to a certain point. I have no idea “what side of the closet door”, as it were, jr is, nor I care. His business, not mine. But, he does seem to express an alarming amount of indifference about his results and record when interviewed. This may be an annoyance at reporters in general, and his being in a “fishbowl” for so many years, but when he says that making “The Chase” is important in a professional sense, but “no big deal” personally, I would think that would worry sponsors and owners just a little. This seems to be his attitude in most interviews where his on track performance is the topic.

The 'annoyed reporters' can suck it up, and his Private Life is just that, his business and nobody else. Poor sod is stuck with the name of one of the best NASCAR racers and it is a liability rather than an advantage. He should adopt the approach that 'Mikka The Flying Finn' used with the F1 'Media', a subtle piss-take when being interviewed always worked.
:applause:

Daveroo
September 4th, 2011, 08:21
his private life is his,,,,im not saying he needs to be yappin about his affairs in the media..im saying he needs to be honest with himself....theres a differance...im not the 'martest guy here for sure and i may not be able to exprese myself the way obio or panther or easy ed can...but doggone it I know what I mean....lol....i just think he will do better if he confront his demons himself...you can see it in his interviews and such...hes hiding stuff and thats not healthy....

stansdds
September 5th, 2011, 04:55
Yeah, there's something going on off track with Junior and alcohol could be it. I don't know if he has an exercise program or not, most of the drivers, at least the top drivers, seem to have fitness programs that they stick to in order to endure race weekends. It's not easy sitting in one of those cars for hours at a time and if you are not in good physical condition and mentally sharp there is no way you can run a 400 mile race.

redriver6
September 5th, 2011, 19:04
from expressing relief about signing a new mult-million dollar contract to an alcoholic homosexual.....poor guy.