PDA

View Full Version : Is there an Oxygen gauge...

Cees Donker
September 2nd, 2011, 10:34
...or can someone make one or explain to me how it's done? I'm making a gauge for the Fokker D.XVI. The gauge must stay full until the plane reaches 5000 ft. Then it must release oxygen untill it passes that height in the descend.

Cees

Cees Donker
September 6th, 2011, 22:26
ANYONE??

:crybaby:

Cees

Dev One
September 7th, 2011, 03:52
Cees, the only suggestion I can offer is to use the Pneumatic/hydraulic parameter within a .xml gauge that has a specific pressure leak above 5 k'. I cannot find an Oxygen parameter in the FS2004 SDK.
Now not being a .xml expert, it would take me a lot of trial & error ( my usual empirical way) to get one to work.
Good luck
Keith

Cees Donker
September 8th, 2011, 10:12
Keith,

You're describing my level of knowledge (same as yours I guess) on this subject exactly.....

:icon_lol:

Cees

Ali Cat
September 9th, 2011, 08:08
Cee’s,
I’m an idiot. I just caught your post as I don’t often check this forum. If it’s CFS2 I would be more than happy to make this gauge for you. I could put together some doc’s were you could take a crack at it but as this one is a little unusual it’s probably best if I just knock it out. I’ll send you a Pm with my e-mail shortly.

AC

Ali Cat
September 9th, 2011, 12:09
I just had a bit more time to poke around and looks like your Fokker is not FS2000/CFS2. Will a FS2000 c gauge work in ’02 or ’04 – I don’t know.

I can tell you how I would get this one working in CFS2. Since O2 does not exist it would have to be faked in code. You basically have a timer running down instead of up (when over 5000). If a high scan time is needed use token variable "TICK18". It runs 18 times per second. If the needle only gradually winds down, as I’m guessing it does, then "ELAPSED_SECONDS" will do. You’ll also need a local variable whose value persists (doable in XML?). If above 5000 then begin decrementing this value from the O2 total time and use it to calculate the needle position.

If FS2000/CFS2 won’t work, I have one other idea but it’s a bit out there. I could go ahead and make the gauge for CFS2 and right before sending swap the gauges.h file for the correct version and hope for the best.

If it helps,
AC

Cees Donker
September 9th, 2011, 14:15
AC,

will it be XML?

Cees

Ali Cat
September 12th, 2011, 03:29
Of all things DSL died at the house this weekend. No it would not be XML. I might could through it but as I only have CFS2 I would not be able to test it. Will respond with more at lunch break.

AC

Ali Cat
September 12th, 2011, 08:04
Cee’s

I think my best chance of helping is the last alternative I posted above. That is make the gauge and debug her using CFS2. Once she’s working I would replace the gauges.h with target FS version, recompile and send that gauges file to you. I have, incidentally, looked at the FS2002 gauges.h file and it is very similar to 2000. This leads me to think it should work.

I should be back online in a few days to a week. I’ll give you a heads up when I am.

If you’re not interested in this round about approach just let me know – it’s no biggy. It will be very little work on my part so I’m game.

Moparmike – will this work? I can’t think of a reason why it would not.

AC

Cees Donker
September 12th, 2011, 11:00
Cee’s

I think my best chance of helping is the last alternative I posted above. That is make the gauge and debug her using CFS2. Once she’s working I would replace the gauges.h with target FS version, recompile and send that gauges file to you. I have, incidentally, looked at the FS2002 gauges.h file and it is very similar to 2000. This leads me to think it should work.

I should be back online in a few days to a week. I’ll give you a heads up when I am.

If you’re not interested in this round about approach just let me know – it’s no biggy. It will be very little work on my part so I’m game.

Moparmike – will this work? I can’t think of a reason why it would not.

AC

Hey AC,

I'm interested! Can I change the dial and the needle? Then it would be great.

Cees

Ali Cat
September 13th, 2011, 08:17
Cee’s

When I get back online I’ll request that you e-mail me the dial and needle bitmaps. A few tweaks and a compile and it will then use your artwork.

I got the gauge working last night using dummy artwork but I did eventually notice one quirk. If you, for example, exit free flight and then return to the same aircraft then the needle does not reset to 100% as it should – it starts from where it was at exit. This is how MS structured panels. To get a gauge to fully reset you must change to a different aircraft and then reload the original. I tried a few things but did not find a work around to this flaw. I’ll give it another try tonight as I have one more idea.

AC

Cees Donker
September 13th, 2011, 09:15
Cee’s

When I get back online I’ll request that you e-mail me the dial and needle bitmaps. A few tweaks and a compile and it will then use your artwork.

I got the gauge working last night using dummy artwork but I did eventually notice one quirk. If you, for example, exit free flight and then return to the same aircraft then the needle does not reset to 100% as it should – it starts from where it was at exit. This is how MS structured panels. To get a gauge to fully reset you must change to a different aircraft and then reload the original. I tried a few things but did not find a work around to this flaw. I’ll give it another try tonight as I have one more idea.

AC

I'll send you the textures! You've got mail!

Cees