PDA

View Full Version : I want one of this!!

Grettir
September 2nd, 2011, 06:12
Coolest thing i have seen in a long time. :jump:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=Q5OZCWaJBdc#!

What do you guys think. The future of sim flying?

Naismith
September 2nd, 2011, 08:56
Interesting. I wonder is insurance necessary to fly a thing like that over a populated area?

sc7500
September 2nd, 2011, 10:08
I don't know whether to be envious of this guy's abilities, or just shake my head and hope it's not gonna turn into an expensive lawn dart some day.... :mixedsmi:

SC
:kilroy:

demorier
September 2nd, 2011, 16:41
Excellent little project. Must have very busy fingers flying the controls, turning the camera around at the same time :wavey:

bearcat241
September 3rd, 2011, 03:46
...Must have very busy fingers flying the controls, turning the camera around at the same time :wavey:

Nothing new there. The caption comments below the video says that he pans the camera with his head while working the controls by hand, same concept used for the past 11 years by flight simmers with TrackIR. If TrackIR had been made compatible for CFS2 i would have bought it years ago, but the Naturalpoint developers bypassed CFS2 and went straight to CFS3 and IL2.

What's interesting to me is how he extended the range of this same radio wave tech beyond the effective range of TrackIR, which works best if the user is sitting directly in front of the receiver mounted on the computer monitor.