PDA

View Full Version : Percival Provost

RyDraiggoch
September 1st, 2011, 15:06
NO! not Rick Pipers immaculate Mk5 , but Keith Paines older brother Provost -- the one with a tailwheel and a round engine....Now availalbe for Fs9 AND FSX. www.britisim.com (http://www.britisim.com). Dont forget to download Gary Js Single Leonides sound file also in the library there.

Enjoy

Leif

PutPut
September 1st, 2011, 19:41
I think there is one too many "i's" in the link. I downloaded and installed the Provost without incident. (Nice model!) However, I downloaded the recommended single leonides sound file by Gary Jones and I get an "Invalid file" error when I try to unzip.
Any clues?

Best, Paul

Bomber_12th
September 1st, 2011, 21:30
Paul, that seems to happen from time to time, downloading from Britsim. All you can do is try again, and usually by the second time around the download completes just fine without corruption. I just downloaded both files, and they both open just fine, so I would say have another go at it. I'm looking forward to trying out the Provost this weekend!

huub vink
September 1st, 2011, 23:18
I think there is one too many "i's" in the link.

You are correct Paul. The link should be is http://www.britsim.com/

(http://www.britsim.com/)Cheers,
Huub

calypsos
September 1st, 2011, 23:50
Please be aware that this is only a BETA (and FS9!!!)version before making any comments .

falcon409
September 2nd, 2011, 03:42
Please be aware that this is only a BETA (and FS9!!!)version before making any comments .
Yep, but it looks and flies perfectly in FSX with no alterations. Be sure you download the excellent soundset by Gary Jones.

RyDraiggoch
September 2nd, 2011, 04:37
Thanks Falcon

It will be a Beta for about 24hours Keith has some little nigglers he wants to sort out -- bet you wont find them I had to be told in the end. To that end there will be a pure FSX version released tomorrow (so says Keith) and the little visual problems will be addressed - for those who pull the FS9 version Keith will have a small update file posted at the Pond tomorrow. Forgive my spelling errors I put the original up quickly while flight following real world airplanes. Also Peter Watkins has already released half a dozen repaints with more on the way.

Leif
www.britsim.com

falcon409
September 2nd, 2011, 04:48
Great news Leif, thanks. I have already completed (well, almost) a High-def version of the original livery for FSX. Great to hear that more liveries are out there already.

RyDraiggoch
September 2nd, 2011, 05:01
As I told the folks in the 2004 Forum - my favorite is the Rhaf Camo FAC version - shame that Keith couldnt have built a load out for it -- it carried four hard points for
WP marking rockets for the Canberras and Hunters

Leif

By the way - nice HD look there

Daube
September 2nd, 2011, 05:23
This plane makes me think about a twin-seat version of Piglet's SOKO J-20 Kraguj :icon_lol:
Very nice model in any case. I'm very glad to read that a FSX native version is planned. Thanks a lot ! :ernae:

kilo delta
September 2nd, 2011, 09:34
Thanks for the HU,Leif. Hope that one of our talented repainters will consider an Irish Air Corps paint too. :)

RyDraiggoch
September 2nd, 2011, 13:10
KD

The Irish paint is already done - as are all the major export models - Peter doesn't issue them all at once because it tends to push the primary model out of sight on the library new release list however if you look in the screen gallery at www.britsim.com you will find Peters paint shop and all the paints he is waiting to relesae including the IAC paint. Also Keith has release an update as promised that will take the exsisting model from beta to final AND convert it to a direct FSX model.

Enjoy

Leif

kilo delta
September 2nd, 2011, 13:33
Thanks again,Leif, and a huge thanks to Keith Paine too! :applause:

falcon409
September 2nd, 2011, 20:55
The only thing I'd like to see fixed would be the gauges. I thought I could just go to the panel config file and adjust the resolution for the VC gauges, but they're already set at 1024,1024. Since I don't see a texture for the VC cockpit panel, I'll have to assume that's part of the problem. The placeholder for the gauges is probably small and so when the sim enlarges them to fit it, they get fuzzy. I guess, lol :salute:

falcon409
September 2nd, 2011, 23:22
I found a nice walkaround for the T1 and located a lot of decals/placards for the fuselage and wings that should be there and aren't so I'm going to go back and update the HD texture I'm working on and add those details.