PDA

View Full Version : RAZBAM Proudly presents

Prowler1111
August 31st, 2011, 08:41
RAZBAM Convair F/A-201A Kestrel

The Convair F/A-201A is the first aircraft of our "What-If" lineup. These are aircrafts that never left the design stage, but are interesting enough for us to see how they handled.

The Convair F/ A-201 was the proposal put forward by Convair under the designation COnvair 201. It was based on an earlier proposal for an “Advanced F-106”. It was designed with a single Pratt & Whitney JTF22A-30A/F100-PW-220 engine and its most striking feature was the inclusion of canard fins.

There were to be both land-based and carrier-based aircraft. Also they proposed to make a VSTOL version with two lift engines and a vectored nozzle for the main one. In another first, this aircraft was designed with a fly-by-wire system to help control it

In 1975 the U.S. Navy decided to select a derivative of the YF-17, the loser of the U.S: Air Force Lightweight Fighter (LWF) Aircraft competition which resulted in the F-16. The YF-17 was converted into the F/A-18 Hornet and the Convair 201 proposal never went beyond the model stage

The RAZBAM Convair F/A-201A Kestrel for FSX includes the following amazing features and innovative functions :

Highly detailed exterior and interior models,

Interior and Panel

very comprehensive representation of cockpit systems which include:

AFCS (Autopilot)
Tactical Navigation Computer
Detailed and comprehensive navigation instruments
Faithfull representation of the HSI gauge
Radar with up to 5 modes representations within FSX limits(Air Intercept, Airt-to-Ground Tracking, Ground Map with 2 modes and Nav Beacon mode)
A 1st generation LED based MFD with several modes, allowing a complete control of the aircraft.
Armament panel, with working armament stations, selection, weapon delivery modes , quantity selection in 2 different modes select the amount of ordance to fall per trigger switch, and then again, you can select the amount AND make them fall in pairs or single sequences
Detailed representation of the aircraft�s HUD.
Detailed electrical and hydraulic systems and panels
Detailed fuel panel
Detailed cockpit and exterior lights
Detailed Armament Station Control Unit (ASCU)
Accurate weapon loadouts controlled by the ASCU

Exterior features:
Highly detailed exterior representation of F/A-201A which include:
Working carrier catapult shuttle
Working Tail hook
Accurate external loadouts controled by the ASCU
Dropable ordnance in free flights with multiple ordnance release options
Working 20 mm M61 VUlcan Cannon.
Missiles and rockets can be launched (although they are not guided).
Accurate aircraft lights

Accurate and highly detailed paint schemes.

Paint Schemes
VF-31 Tomcatters
VF-84 Jolly Rogers
VF-111 Sundowners
VF-161 Chargers
VFA-86 Sidewinders
VF-102 Diamondbacks
VMFA-232 Red Devils
VMFA-232 Red Devils
F/A-201J "Ryuu" JASDF 83rd Air Wing (Okinawa)

Extensive documentation and Manual in PDF format

USD 22.00

Convair F/A-201 Kestrel (http://www.razbamsims.com/store/product_info.php?products_id=80&osCsid=6c446f8ab3fdb9ed97fd91510f61fc63)

warchild
August 31st, 2011, 09:22
Just a word from the number cruncher here, and well, a bit of an apology as reality is in this case with this plane, far stranger than fiction. When we were building this, we learned that it was slated to have used the same engine thats in an F-15 Eagle. Thats 30000 pounds of thrust in a 17000 pound plane. I dont know if The gents at Razbam have changed it back or not, but i intentionally de-rated the engine to 18000 pounds in order to give you a more controllable and realistic flight envelope. The 2:1 thrust weight ratio of the planned engine was excessive beyond belief. In the time that was available to me, i worked as closely as was possible with Razbam to bring you as enjoyable a flying experience as possible, and i sincerely hope that you find as much fun in flying it, as I had in helping make it..
Always..
Pam
Jade Island Flight Test Center

CWOJackson
August 31st, 2011, 09:27
Very interesting looking.

warchild
August 31st, 2011, 10:14
The forward wing is fixed except for the flaps located on its trailing edge. This provides the plane with a lifting surface that extends over 75% of the aircrafts length. This gives the plane extremely good stability, while providing for higher maneuverability than a conventionally designed aircraft.
Over all, the handling of the aircraft lies in between an F/A-18 and a Eurofighter. I personally find it delightful to fly. It will thrust ( not fly, thrust ) itself above its operational cieling, though nowhere near as high as in the photo below any more ( which was taken during initial setup, but i thought was pretty cool.. ). After that, you will fall, out of control for several thousand feet till you reach its operational ceiling, at which time you can begin to regain control ( if your good :) ) and have a nice flight home..
it really is a very unique and fun aircraft to fly..
Pam

simkid22
August 31st, 2011, 11:09
Hey Pam, any chance the insane can get that uprated engine? :icon_lol:

warchild
August 31st, 2011, 11:27
:::LOL::: Buy the plane and fly it, then see if you still want that uprated engine.. I guarantee its got PLENTY of excitement with its 1.12:1 thrust to weight ratio.. Heyy,, you guys know i wouldnt lie.. I'm not making anything off this plane, just really enjoyed working on it because its a really fun plane. I also have to admit that I am not the only person with their fingers in the FDE jar.. A gentleman Named Phineas did much of the work. All I did was polish it up and make it presentable.. :).. He did pretty good..
Pam

fsafranek
August 31st, 2011, 11:32
If it has a VC can we see some shots of that please?
Nothing here or on the purchase page.
:ernae:

peter12213
August 31st, 2011, 11:33
Looks great however I thought the kestrel had it's intake above the fuselage??

simkid22
August 31st, 2011, 11:37
I just finished downloading although I won't be able to fly it for a couple more hours; I'm sure i want both engines Pam :icon_lol:

Prowler1111
August 31st, 2011, 11:52
fsafranek If it has a VC can we see some shots of that please?
Nothing here or on the purchase page.

Sorry for that, the usual SNAFU´s when something is released, will have the gallery in a few minutes
For some pics, check here (http://razbamsims.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=85&t=135)

Also, for you repaint artists, there is quite an interesting contest (http://razbamsims.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=80&t=184)

Don´t forget to join our Facebook group (https://www.facebook.com/groups/114149571850/?id=10150272108161851&notif_t=group_activity), where you can even chat with me

Best regards

Prowler

ZEUS67
August 31st, 2011, 12:06
Hey Pam, any chance the insane can get that uprated engine? :icon_lol:

That engine will take make a clean Kestrel climb like a rocket in full afterburner. We had to tone it down. That thing could take you over 50K+ feet before losing sustentation.

Now, well you can reach 35K+ before stalling.

CG_1976
August 31st, 2011, 12:08
:salute:VF-111 Sundowners, Will put this on my buy list for Friday. Thank you Razbam.

Sascha66
August 31st, 2011, 12:16
This looks like a Hawker Harrier mixed in with a Mirage 3 or Super Entendard!

Bery interesting!

Sascha

ZEUS67
August 31st, 2011, 12:17
Looks great however I thought the kestrel had it's intake above the fuselage??

Convair's idea was a souped-up F-106.

Convair also considered a bewildering range of F-106 follow-ons, the most ambitious featuring twin General Electric J93 turbojets, as used on the North American XB-70 Valkyrie experimental bomber, which would have given the F-106 Mach 3 performance. There was also consideration of an "Advanced F-106" with a single engine, either a J75 derivative or alternative powerplant, featuring canard fins, with both land-based and carrier-based versions considered, the carrier-based version having folding wings. Of course, none of these F-106 follow-ons went beyond the model stage.

It was detective work finding any relevant data on this aircraft. The F-15 engine was selected for the US Navy VFX contest that was canceled in favor of the YF-17 that later became the F-18.

Sascha66
August 31st, 2011, 12:19

Rafale or Eurofighter too!

Very interesting!

Sascha

CWOJackson
August 31st, 2011, 12:19
I love the view from the cockpit and the overall model, but where are the fuel tanks on that thing?

ZEUS67
August 31st, 2011, 12:21

Bery interesting!

Sascha

Selecting the flying characteristics was very important.

We looked at:
- Kfir, which is basically a Mirage 3 with canards.
- Mirage 2000, discarded early on because the canards are too small.
- Saab Viggen
- Eurofighter Typhoon.

ZEUS67
August 31st, 2011, 12:23
I love the view from the cockpit and the overall model, but where are the fuel tanks on that thing?

We asked the same thing. :icon_lol:
That version was not selected because it is impractical.

hae5904
August 31st, 2011, 12:59
Darn I overlooked this thread!! Even started one of my own....:icon_lol: wich could be discarded :sleep:

But one thing....she's a real joy to fly!

http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k204/Hank41/Kestrel1.jpg

Cheers,
Hank

warchild
August 31st, 2011, 13:03
the fuel tanks sit directly in front of the engine between the intake tunnels..

peter12213
August 31st, 2011, 13:12
Do you get the VTOL model too?

jetstreamsky
August 31st, 2011, 13:27
Closer to a Viggen than anything else

CWOJackson
August 31st, 2011, 14:30
the fuel tanks sit directly in front of the engine between the intake tunnels..

Thanks. So is the first of a series of "almost" aircraft?

Prowler1111
August 31st, 2011, 14:52
So is the first of a series of "almost" aircraft?
This is an experiment we are making, it all depends on the financial feasibility of projects like this.We made a fully functional (NAV computer, HSI, radios, Fly by Wire, HUD, arming stations, working weapons in free flight and a long etc) add on, priced it well bellow others which are not even close in functionality and see what happens.If it hits, it hits, and you´ll see more of these often, if it doesn´t, well, you´ll see more of these in longer time periods.

Bottom line, it´s a fun add on, have fun with it :-)

Best regards

Prowler

Sundog
August 31st, 2011, 14:54
A couple of FYI's.

First, when they selected the F-100 engine in the 70's, it wasn't rated for 30,000lbs thrust back then. I think it was rated at around 25,000 lbs thrust at the time and even then, they "de-tune" them to increase service life. Still, even at around 23000 lbs of thrust, you're looking at incredible performance.

Second, Peter, the plane that was a V/STOL with the dorsal inlet was a Rockwell design. Or at least their design from that time period had a dorsal inlet. It also had a V-Tail. If that's the plane you're thinking of, which you can see in the following link

Rockwell VSTOL Fighters (http://www.secretprojects.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,13470.0.html)

You should note, the second pic in the first post isn't a Rockwell design, it's a Northrop VATOL design.

OK, now I have to get this... :applause:

ZEUS67
August 31st, 2011, 15:41
Okay folks, the gallery is ready: http://www.razbamsims.com/convair_fa-201_02.html

At the bottom are three screenshots of the VC. The center one you can see Prowler's abilities (not!:cost1: ) with the vulcan. :icon31:

warchild
August 31st, 2011, 16:07
I had to get in the picture too ( bad pun yeahh, i know.. ) A few more from the sorceress's secret stash :) .. Enjoy..

DaveKDEN
August 31st, 2011, 17:16
Pretty slick looking design! Hmmm, seems my birthday's in just over a week. Might have to put aside $22.00 for the occasion.

Here's an idea for another "what if" design for the future: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/General_Dynamics_F-16XL

Bone
August 31st, 2011, 18:30
I'm going to go snag this one tonight. She's a beauty.

simkid22
August 31st, 2011, 19:20
Oh this is fun to fly! :jump: Thank you Ron and Pam and all the others who worked behind the scenes on this. I love the armament system, clean and simple and no need to save a flight, which I've always put off doing...any chance to get this for the A-6? I'm still trying to figure out the AIM-9 operations but I'll just **** :icon_lol: I still think it would be fun with the high power F100, would let me get out of even more trouble that I'll undoubtedly get into as I have fun with it. Just wanted to say a quick Thank You! before I get back to flying.

jeansy
August 31st, 2011, 19:51
its no helldiver

but its a purchase from me

well done

now i have to get a working computer

Bone
August 31st, 2011, 21:01
Ohhh I likey, I likey alot. There is but one interesting thing. Every time I load it into the sim, I have to turn off the AFCS. She seems to boot with it on. Other than that, verrry nice.

http://i275.photobucket.com/albums/jj299/theBone11/2011-9-1_0-41-40-413.jpg

http://i275.photobucket.com/albums/jj299/theBone11/2011-9-1_0-46-14-404.jpg

ZEUS67
August 31st, 2011, 21:02
Oh this is fun to fly! :jump: Thank you Ron and Pam and all the others who worked behind the scenes on this. I love the armament system, clean and simple and no need to save a flight, which I've always put off doing...any chance to get this for the A-6? I'm still trying to figure out the AIM-9 operations but I'll just **** :icon_lol: I still think it would be fun with the high power F100, would let me get out of even more trouble that I'll undoubtedly get into as I have fun with it. Just wanted to say a quick Thank You! before I get back to flying.

As per the manual, you have to click on the IR COOL switch before you can fire the AIM-9s. Those sidewinders warheads need to be cooled before they can track. :cost1:

ZEUS67
August 31st, 2011, 21:06
Ohhh I likey, I likey alot. There is but one interesting thing. Every time I load it into the sim, I have to turn off the AFCS. She seems to boot with it on. Other than that, verrry nice.

http://i275.photobucket.com/albums/jj299/theBone11/2011-9-1_0-41-40-413.jpg

http://i275.photobucket.com/albums/jj299/theBone11/2011-9-1_0-46-14-404.jpg

I know, it is a pain in the butt. Unfortunately the Fly-By-Wire system in FSX is tied up with the Autopilot (AFCS). Sometimes it will switch the AFCS on. You also have to watch the FBW panel. There is a switch called the ELAC. It must always be OFF, because it is coupled with the AFCS. I tried to keep it off but sometimes FSX wins and you have to do it manually.

Bone
August 31st, 2011, 21:41
The antiskid system actually works. lol.

noddy
September 1st, 2011, 00:57
Great looking plane, well done.

Just wish I could log on to the site to get it!

swimeye
September 1st, 2011, 01:00
Noddy: I also had to wait before I was able to log on to my newly registered account. I went for a coffee and when I returned 30 minutes later I could log in to the account and make my purschase.

noddy
September 1st, 2011, 01:08
Sorted now :icon_lol:.

rayhere48
September 1st, 2011, 11:57
I sure wish there was a video of this bird. Looks very nice.

peter12213
September 1st, 2011, 14:10
This is stupendously good, Frames are excellent and it handles like a dream, the only thing I'd of thought was that its roll rate may have been faster!

Prowler1111
September 1st, 2011, 14:18
Hey Pete..i guess that if you fly it "clean" roll rates would be faster, but as any delta, it will bleed speed pretty fast on turns..also, it got short "legs" so watch out that burner usage! :-)

Prowler

delta_lima
September 1st, 2011, 14:58
Bravo Ron et al!!

I'm so bummed that this will have to wait a wee bit - darn company laid me off ... discretionary funds are at a real premium at the moment. That said, I know I'll buy at some time soon.

If folks really take to this, I hope you'll be encouraged to consider the F5D Skylancer ... wouldn't that have been awesome?

Anyway - screens look good, will save the pennies for a few weeks more ... thanks again for releasing something other than the umpteen Spitfires, Mustangs etc. Much appreciated.

Cheers,

dl

doublecool
September 1st, 2011, 14:58
I haven't gotten it yet, but the paints for this beauti are fantastic :applause::applause::applause:

looking forward to it... congrats on the release :salute:

Prowler1111
September 1st, 2011, 15:13
I haven't gotten it yet, but the paints for this beauti are fantastic :applause::applause::applause:

looking forward to it... congrats on the release :salute:

Thanks, dunno if you are aware of THIS (http://razbamsims.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=80&t=184)

Prowler

doublecool
September 1st, 2011, 15:16
Oh Ya :icon_lol:

peter12213
September 1st, 2011, 15:21
Hey Pete..i guess that if you fly it "clean" roll rates would be faster, but as any delta, it will bleed speed pretty fast on turns..also, it got short "legs" so watch out that burner usage! :-)

Prowler

That's a good point mate I never thought of that, as said I'm loving this the fuel dump feature and effect in particular are great, just one question though should the effect be black or should it be White I'm confused, also need to read the manual to figure out how to fire the rockets, also would have been great to have weapon effects like missile smoke trails or tracers for the gun, but this is minor and fsx is all about the flying really! 100% satisfied here, great job guys!

Prowler1111
September 1st, 2011, 15:27
That's a good point mate I never thought of that, as said I'm loving this the fuel dump feature and effect in particular are great, just one question though should the effect be black or should it be White I'm confused, also need to read the manual to figure out how to fire the rockets, also would have been great to have weapon effects like missile smoke trails or tracers for the gun, but this is minor and fsx is all about the flying really! 100% satisfied here, great job guys!

Hey Pete:
Missiles do have smoke trails

http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b26/Prowler1111/C201block30_038.jpg

There is a lot to discover in this bird, and all (IMHO) is really fun to do

Prowler

peter12213
September 1st, 2011, 15:33
Ahh right mine must have been dropping off the wings lol, as said lots to discover should the fuel dump effect be black in colour too Ron mate?

warchild
September 1st, 2011, 16:50
Bravo Ron et al!!

I'm so bummed that this will have to wait a wee bit - darn company laid me off ... discretionary funds are at a real premium at the moment. That said, I know I'll buy at some time soon.

If folks really take to this, I hope you'll be encouraged to consider the F5D Skylancer ... wouldn't that have been awesome?

Anyway - screens look good, will save the pennies for a few weeks more ... thanks again for releasing something other than the umpteen Spitfires, Mustangs etc. Much appreciated.

Cheers,

dl

heheh.. I'm still trying to get them ( or anyone really ) to0 do the Convair Kingfish ::lol::..

simkid22
September 1st, 2011, 17:19
Convair Kingfish The Kingfish! OMG that would be amazing! I'm behind you on that request Pam! :jump:

Matt Wynn
September 1st, 2011, 19:23
The Kingfish! OMG that would be amazing! I'm behind you on that request Pam! :jump:

as am i as i must take some of the blame for Pams obsession for the Kingfish :icon_lol:

Kiwikat
September 1st, 2011, 19:36
I've got some repaintability questions...

Is there a PSD paint kit available? Is the fuselage mapped to be one solid piece length-wise, or is it split up? Is the tail the same scale as the fuselage in the texture?

Thanks!

hae5904
September 1st, 2011, 22:44
I've got some repaintability questions...

Is there a PSD paint kit available? Is the fuselage mapped to be one solid piece length-wise, or is it split up? Is the tail the same scale as the fuselage in the texture?

Thanks!

Kiwikat, the repaint kit is one "all in one" layered kit. All parts are split up and to the same scale.

Cheers,
Hank

hae5904
September 1st, 2011, 22:54

Prowler

Roll rate won't be effected by rolling along it's roll axis, as it is not a turn!! Delta wings do have a fast roll rate due it's short wingspan. They do however bleed of speed as mentioned during a turn.

Cheers,
Hank

warchild
September 2nd, 2011, 12:24
Wellll, i set the roll rate to about 270 degrees per second. Thats faster than a tomcat, slower than an F-18, but approximately normal for the average fighter aircraft of that era..

another thing that i just thought of.. if you havent flown my fdes before, they arent like other peoples fde's.. If you move the stick a little, the planer rolls a little, if you yank it, the plane will leave your head somewhere behind.. i try to give as much surgically accurate control to the pilot as possible, mostly because i like doing really stupid things in planes, and without that level of controllability, i couldnt have any fun..

ZEUS67
September 2nd, 2011, 14:14
Wellll, i set the roll rate to about 270 degrees per second. Thats faster than a tomcat, slower than an F-18, but approximately normal for the average fighter aircraft of that era..

another thing that i just thought of.. if you havent flown my fdes before, they arent like other peoples fde's.. If you move the stick a little, the planer rolls a little, if you yank it, the plane will leave your head somewhere behind.. i try to give as much surgically accurate control to the pilot as possible, mostly because i like doing really stupid things in planes, and without that level of controllability, i couldnt have any fun..

Well, you can do plenty of crazy things with this airplane.

warchild
September 2nd, 2011, 14:41
Well, you can do plenty of crazy things with this airplane.

:jump::wiggle::jump::wiggle::jump::wiggle::jump::w iggle::jump:

and to think.. What do i do for relaxation?? Manage a hub for a VA ::lol::they get a lil silent when i do weird things like below..

calypsos
September 3rd, 2011, 03:34
This aircraft looks so good, I am just stunned that it was not bought by other Navies and Air Forces, worldwide too! HINT, HINT to any repainters that want to go a little wild with their imagination and not encounter the wrath of some 'purists' within the hobby!!

hae5904
September 3rd, 2011, 03:51
This aircraft looks so good, I am just stunned that it was not bought by other Navies and Air Forces, worldwide too! HINT, HINT to any repainters that want to go a little wild with their imagination and not encounter the wrath of some 'purists' within the hobby!!

....I saw this arrival on the horizon.....:icon_lol:

http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k204/Hank41/Z1.jpg
http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k204/Hank41/Z2.jpg
http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k204/Hank41/Z3.jpg
http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k204/Hank41/Z4.jpg
http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k204/Hank41/Z5.jpg

One of many WIP's.........

Cheers,
Hank

Prowler1111
September 3rd, 2011, 05:57
You should be in our contest..

Prowler

hae5904
September 3rd, 2011, 06:11
You should be in our contest..

Prowler

:icon_lol: I already am........

Cheers,
Hank

doublecool
September 3rd, 2011, 06:14
What deal on this bird :wavey: Thanks Prowler and RAZBAM Team

47451 I just love this era Paint

peter12213
September 3rd, 2011, 06:15
I'd quite like to see an Indian navy version for some reason, don't really know why lol!

NickB
September 3rd, 2011, 10:58
When I remember how to do the alpha, I might finish this, but at the moment I can see US Navy markings under the RN ones!

CG_1976
September 3rd, 2011, 12:35
Ok as im getting ready to buy this beautiful what if concept I have a few ?.
Is this a PIA to start or does it have a quick method?

ZEUS67
September 3rd, 2011, 12:40
Ok as im getting ready to buy this beautiful what if concept I have a few ?.
Is this a PIA to start or does it have a quick method?

None of our aircraft are a PIA to start. In this case you can use the default Ctrl+E to start the engine.

In aircraft like these, the engine starters are located in the throttle, usually a set of buttons that are not accessible in FSX. This is why for the Kestrel you only need to use Ctrl+E

StormILM
September 3rd, 2011, 12:55
This one is on my list of purchases for sure during the coming weeks after some mandatory $$ work PC upgrades/maintenance. All the accolades here and my great satisfactions with the A-7E/D purchase, I know it will be a long time staple in my FSX hangar. Makes me think back to the memories I had of upcoming designs in the mid to late 1970's like the original B-1A, YF-16A, YF-17 Cobra, etc. The exterior and cockpit layout certainly capture that atmosphere so to speak.

Beautiful work!

morpheusfz
September 3rd, 2011, 14:35

Thats a really cool plane...

hae5904
September 3rd, 2011, 15:14
116 Sqn - 969 F/A-201A "Lavi" (:kilroy:)

http://fsfiles.org/flightsimshots/images/990ZA2.jpg

Almost done..... (more pics on the RAZBAM forum)

Cheers,
Hank

NickB
September 3rd, 2011, 15:36
Hank,

That's really excellent :applause:.

Nick

peter12213
September 3rd, 2011, 17:51
2 Jets just remembered Lavi and LCA ( India), might spark a thought or two! Us massive imperialist guys might have started thinking about the upcoming world, Pakistan have a quite smart looking jet coming into service too looks alot like this one!

Montie
September 4th, 2011, 00:27
Great looking paints guys:salute: I love this bird!

hae5904
September 4th, 2011, 01:55
When I remember how to do the alpha, I might finish this, but at the moment I can see US Navy markings under the RN ones!

Nick, you also have to work on the Convair201_Spec DDS file. Or you can delete that file for the time being and paint another one once a repaint is done.

Cheers,
Hank

NickB
September 4th, 2011, 02:59
Thanks Hank,

I'm a bit rusty, it's been a while since I did a repaint that I might actually upload.

Nick

hae5904
September 4th, 2011, 04:22
I have to paint the Spec files myself, but I'll wait till I'm satisfied with the completed work.

More in production......

And who thought the French did not replaced their Crusaders in the late 70's...

http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k204/Hank41/KestrelAeronavale1.jpg

http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k204/Hank41/KestrelAeronavale2.jpg

Cheers,
Hank

sparouty
September 4th, 2011, 05:45
I have to paint the Spec files myself, but I'll wait till I'm satisfied with the completed work.

More in production......

And who thought the French did not replaced their Crusaders in the late 70's...

Cheers,
Hank

Very nice Hank!
But be careful, don't forget the anchor on roundels: navymen don't like to be considered as part of the Air Force ... :icon_lol:

Regards,
Sylvain

Julhelm
September 4th, 2011, 06:40
Remember that you have the gloss map in the alpha channel of the spec as well. Bare metal should be black, glossy paint should be white so it's like an inverse of the spec map.

hae5904
September 4th, 2011, 08:30
Very nice Hank!
But be careful, don't forget the anchor on roundels: navymen don't like to be considered as part of the Air Force ... :icon_lol:

Regards,
Sylvain

Thanks Sylvain! Rest assure you the anchors are there, though not quite visible. Guess the picture is a bit to dark .....and to small :icon_lol:

Salut, :salute:
Hank

hae5904
September 4th, 2011, 08:31
Remember that you have the gloss map in the alpha channel of the spec as well. Bare metal should be black, glossy paint should be white so it's like an inverse of the spec map.

Thanks Nils! I keep that in mind once I paint the Spec DDS.

Cheers,
Hank

CG_1976
September 4th, 2011, 12:00
Would love to see a RCN paint if possible please?

SADT
September 4th, 2011, 23:14
Hi All,

I know that South Africa never had a naval Fleet Air Arm, but it would be cool if it would be possible to please have a Kestrel livery styled like this: 47647
As I think the livery would go well on the Kestrel.

I would appreciate any takers! ;-D

Cheers,
Craig :-)

EDIT: With an especially large tail-flash!

hae5904
September 5th, 2011, 05:12
Update for the Aeronavale F/A-201A:

Working on the Specular file.....almost done. :salute:

http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k204/Hank41/Spec3.jpg
http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k204/Hank41/Spec2.jpg
http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k204/Hank41/Spec1.jpg

Cheers,
Hank

Prowler1111
September 5th, 2011, 05:34
Well, if you consider the number of F/A-18 operators that DO NOT have an aircraft carrier, you can assume a number of countries purchased kestrels for their air forces..:-)

Best regards

Prowler

PS: South Africa operated Buccaneers, so..

hae5904
September 5th, 2011, 05:45
With this fantastic product.....there's no limit with possible repaints. :icon_lol:

Cheers,
Hank

peter12213
September 5th, 2011, 10:30
Love the look of that French paint!!

ZEUS67
September 5th, 2011, 12:23
I'm really sorry this aircraft was never made. It is a fun one to fly.

noddy
September 5th, 2011, 12:32
The Ryuu

evvatc
September 5th, 2011, 15:46
Noddy that is awesome! I'm going to have to purchase the Kestrel just for JASDF repaint!

ZEUS67
September 5th, 2011, 15:59
Noddy that is awesome! I'm going to have to purchase the Kestrel just for JASDF repaint!

That is not a repaint. It is a version included in the download package.

MenendezDiego
September 5th, 2011, 22:40
I've looked high and low for a VC shot. Am I missing something?

Regards, Diego

GB
September 5th, 2011, 22:44
Hmm, With the plane's quality and features, and at THIS PRICE !!!, maybe you're missing a lot by not having it...

MenendezDiego
September 5th, 2011, 23:46
Nah, I have DCS A-10C :)

ZEUS67
September 6th, 2011, 05:42
I've looked high and low for a VC shot. Am I missing something?

Regards, Diego

Here is the official gallery at our website: http://www.razbamsims.com/convair_fa-201_02.html

The last line are VC shots

fsafranek
September 6th, 2011, 22:18
Very nice Hank!

Regards,
Sylvain

And vise versa. :icon_lol:

:ernae:

hae5904
September 7th, 2011, 11:44
....Lufwaffe JaboG 31.......F/A-201G.....:icon_lol:

Still WIP ....

http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k204/Hank41/JaboG31A.jpg

Cheers,
Hank

DennyA
September 10th, 2011, 08:46
Ron, just bought this and can't wait to fly it!

FYI, I tried to buy it from the Razbam store so you'd get more of the cash, but it wasn't letting me log in to the account I created. (Even after resetting the password.) So I had to buy it from SimMarket. Wanted to alert you so you can check on the store.

Prowler1111
September 10th, 2011, 10:27
Hi Denny:
It´s a whole new store, you have to register all over again, your former registration is no longer valid, but you purchase history is kept so we can assit you with older purchases.
Best regards

Prower

DennyA
September 10th, 2011, 11:54
Hi Denny:
It´s a whole new store, you have to register all over again, your former registration is no longer valid, but you purchase history is kept so we can assit you with older purchases.
Best regards

Prower
Yep, I'd just created a new account on the store and it wasn't letting me log in; it would just return me to the login page. However, it's working now. Weird.

Already got it from Simmarket, though. What an awesome plane. Hope the sales are high enough to justify doing some more "what-if" planes!

hae5904
September 10th, 2011, 12:14
What an awesome plane. Hope the sales are high enough to justify doing some more "what-if" planes!

I totally agree with you DennyA ! :salute:

Cheers,
Hank

Lateral-G
September 10th, 2011, 18:12
Just picked it up.....flies very well but I'll be damned if I can get the bombs to drop. I read the manual and set everything as per but no joy....

any ideas?

ZEUS67
September 10th, 2011, 21:16
Just picked it up.....flies very well but I'll be damned if I can get the bombs to drop. I read the manual and set everything as per but no joy....

any ideas?

Did you select the station where the bombs are?
Is the Master Arm switch in the ON position?

Lateral-G
September 11th, 2011, 06:23
Did you select the station where the bombs are?
Is the Master Arm switch in the ON position?

affirm on both...still no joy.

hae5904
September 11th, 2011, 06:54
affirm on both...still no joy.

Lateral-G,

Have you tried the following: Reselect another Kestrel once your flight has been loaded.
Maybe that will help get all the systems synchronized.

Cheers,
Hank

Lateral-G
September 11th, 2011, 07:15
Lateral-G,

Have you tried the following: Reselect another Kestrel once your flight has been loaded.
Maybe that will help get all the systems synchronized.

Cheers,
Hank

Nope...nuthin'

Oh well, at least I can fly it.

Prowler1111
September 11th, 2011, 09:03
Above all, have you map the "gun trigger" switch in your joystick as instructed?

Prowler

Lateral-G
September 11th, 2011, 14:22
Above all, have you map the "gun trigger" switch in your joystick as instructed?

Prowler

Yes sir, first thing I did after reading the manual.....

EDIT: I finally got it. I actually pulled the 'trigger' which is used for the brakes and the weapons dropped and the missiles fired. I never even touched the mapping to the 'trigger' switch on the joystick.....go figure. Well, at least it works now.

Lateral-G
September 12th, 2011, 19:46
Some traps aboard the Enterprise....

ZEUS67
September 13th, 2011, 11:43
Those are nice photos

Cleartheprop
October 9th, 2011, 08:15
I am creating a "double post" but I thought this video might be relevant in this thread))
1H_1SxNIvvA

warchild
October 9th, 2011, 09:11
::ROFLMAO:: I LOVE IT.. very very cute. :).. And where did you dig up that old beach boys song??

Cleartheprop
October 9th, 2011, 10:47
::ROFLMAO:: I LOVE IT.. very very cute. :).. And where did you dig up that old beach boys song??
Thank you! I'm glad you like the vid)
I found this song after hours of research to find a nice, fresh, "surfing style" song to match the fun of this era.. )
Here it is on Youtube : TsHHQGY2_KU

fallenphoenix1986
October 9th, 2011, 14:08
Tried posting this over at Razbams own forum but somethings not right, 30 odd hours latter and my post hasn't shown up.

I was about to purchase the Banshees and Kestrel but noticed that the Razbam store apears to be an open conection (no https). Not really wanting to broadcast my details, yet I'd rather go through the RB store so that Ron gets the full $10. Am I being paranoid or are there aditonal security measures in place?

Craig

kilo delta
October 9th, 2011, 14:20
Tried posting this over at Razbams own forum but somethings not right, 30 odd hours latter and my post hasn't shown up.

I was about to purchase the Banshees and Kestrel but noticed that the Razbam store apears to be an open conection (no https). Not really wanting to broadcast my details, yet I'd rather go through the RB store so that Ron gets the full $10. Am I being paranoid or are there aditonal security measures in place?

Craig

You can also pay direct to Ron's Paypal account. Details are in this thread:)

fallenphoenix1986
October 9th, 2011, 14:24
Wouldnt that still entail subscribing/logging onto the store page for the downloads to activate?

Craig

DennyA
October 9th, 2011, 15:14
49797Hey kids, I installed some of Hank's wonderful new Canadian paints, but now in both stock Kestrel and Hank's planes, I'm seeing the weird "Flight Simulator X" bitmap on my cockpit reflections. All I did was copy the textures over and add the various flightsim.x definitions. Any idea what might be awry? (DX10 mode)

hae5904
October 10th, 2011, 00:29
That''s weird DennyA.
But I can assure you my repaints do not contain any changed VC textures, only the exteriors!
Have you tried DX9 mode?

Cheers,
Hank

DennyA
October 10th, 2011, 00:43
Hi Hank,

Yep, I figured it wasn't your repaints, as I reinstalled the plane to be sure I hadn't messed up something editing the aircraft.cfg.

It only does it in DX10 mode, because I don't get the glass reflections in DX9.

This is with Nvidia drivers. Razbam folks, can you check this out on DX10? Usually that "flight simulator x" thing happens when a texture of some sort is missing.

hae5904
October 10th, 2011, 01:36
Hi DennyA,

I switched to DX10, and I had the FSX logo as well within the reflection.
Though I only use DX9, I do have the reflection in the VC.

Cheers,
Hank

kilo delta
October 10th, 2011, 02:58
Wouldnt that still entail subscribing/logging onto the store page for the downloads to activate?

Craig

This is what I received in an email from Ron recently..

Valued customers:
Our special "5 dollars sale" it´s still going on, and will be until October 31st.If you have experienced problems purchasing, we recommend the following:

Change browsers:we found some issues with IE 8 and paypal, we suggest you switch to Chrome or wait 1 hour (it´s a paypal issue, sorry)

Also, you can set your order, and pay the total directly to my paypal account which is radzamb at hotmail dot com :

.- make the purchase, be sure to add the products to your cart and make a checkout, IF the problem surfaces (the dreaded message "your order have been already payed"),make the direct payment

.-include in the message box which add ons you purchased, we´ll activate them from our system so you can have the downloads in your account

Thanks for your support, and sorry for all the inconveniences

Best regards

Ron C. Zambrano M

RAZBAM

On the Razbam Store page there are no details being broadcast?...

rvn817j
October 10th, 2011, 03:31
Hi Hank,

Yep, I figured it wasn't your repaints, as I reinstalled the plane to be sure I hadn't messed up something editing the aircraft.cfg.

It only does it in DX10 mode, because I don't get the glass reflections in DX9.

This is with Nvidia drivers. Razbam folks, can you check this out on DX10? Usually that "flight simulator x" thing happens when a texture of some sort is missing.

Same reflection here, ATI/AMD 6850 video card, DX10.

Prowler1111
October 10th, 2011, 04:55
We´ll check on the DX10 issue, since it´s a surprise for me.
As for the security, all financial information is handled through Paypal, we did come with a solution, as posted above (Please, edit my email address, this is an open line!) which is working pretty well.
Best regards

Prowler

kilo delta
October 10th, 2011, 05:09
(Please, edit my email address, this is an open line!)
Prowler

Apologies...edited now. :)

DennyA
October 10th, 2011, 06:58
Ah, okay, the DX10 reflection issue must just be part of the model... Thanks for the confirmation, folks! This was only the second time I'd flown the plane, and I think I was dazzled by the awesomeness of the rest of it the first time and didn't notice the logo in the canopy reflection. :)

Cool, hopefully just an easy texture fix for Razbam.

BTW, Hank, your paints are AWESOME. The natural metal birds look awesome.

I encourage anyone on the fence about this plane to grab it. It's amazingly cheap with the Razbam sale (I paid full price and have zero regrets, even though it went on sale soon afterward), and is just a super-cool idea that we want to encourage more of!

hae5904
October 10th, 2011, 07:17
BTW, Hank, your paints are AWESOME. The natural metal birds look awesome.

Thanks DennyA!

You probably gonna like the Prototype package as well.....will be uploaded today.
It will contain 4 to 5 repaints, of which at least two are bare metal.

Cheers,
Hank

seawing
October 11th, 2011, 04:54
Dear all,

I would like to post this question here as well. Maybe somebody can come up with an answer.
I just acquired the beautiful Kestrel (v1.2) today. After getting airborne, I tried to deliver some MK-82s. Sadly the weapon failed to fall away from the aircraft. I did arm the weapon master switch, switched the computer to AG mode, selected the centreline pylon for single drop (which was holding 6 Mk-82s) and I had assigned a keyboard command for cabin signs - seatbelts. After failing to drop the bombs, I tried to jettison them. That also failed. Had to do an overweight landing!
What am I doing wrong? Where do I miss the point? I didn't find a hint in the manual that could help me out.

Cheers,

Seawing

DennyA
October 12th, 2011, 21:04
Prowler, anything I can do to help on the canopy issue under DX10? Need additional screen shots? (The "Flight Simulator X" shadow appears in strips all down the canopy glass; there's also a subtle cracked plexiglass texture that I'm not sure whether it's intentional or not).

DennyA
October 20th, 2011, 22:34
Prowler, anything I can do to help on the canopy issue under DX10? Need additional screen shots? (The "Flight Simulator X" shadow appears in strips all down the canopy glass; there's also a subtle cracked plexiglass texture that I'm not sure whether it's intentional or not).
Any progress on fixing the canopy issue for DX10 users?

DaveWG
October 21st, 2011, 09:32
Denny, download this: http://daveg.cbfsim.org/files/canopy_spec1.zip, unzip & copy the canopy_spec1.bmp file into your RAZBAM Convair 201 CTOL/texture.spec folder.

DennyA
October 21st, 2011, 21:54
Denny, download this: http://daveg.cbfsim.org/files/canopy_spec1.zip, unzip & copy the canopy_spec1.bmp file into your RAZBAM Convair 201 CTOL/texture.spec folder.
Awesome, Dave, that fixed it!

Thanks so much! Gonna have to do some flying in the Great White North this weekend now. :) Need some AI Bears to intercept...

Barnes
August 25th, 2012, 04:22
Hi - please download this repaint from here..........

https://www.cx.com/mycx/share/d8KG5-6vEeGo2RICOA-R7w/Razbam%20AV8B%20Harrier%20VMA%20513%20camo.zip

http://i439.photobucket.com/albums/qq119/GAJIT/wip-1304.jpg