PDA

View Full Version : AlphaSim Panavia Tornado F.3 Manual

deafal
August 30th, 2011, 13:03
G'day folk,

the manual refers to an "exit-2 command" to extend and retract the refueling probe and then does not explain this "command", or how to facilitate it.

Can anybody illuminate this a little for me, because I am sure the tankers wings are getting tired waiting for me to probe it at the basket end. Besides that, I am sick of looking at the mountains and deserts between KSAN AND KLAS.

TIA,

Al

FlameOut
August 30th, 2011, 13:08
That would be "Shift + E + 2"

I haven't had the old girl up in a long time will leave here and go try it out for sure.

"Shift + E"....then a 1/2 second later..."2"

deafal
August 30th, 2011, 19:17
It won't work for me.

"Shift + E +2", opens the canopy and pops up a row of "Hold" buttons on the left side above the AP button.

Shift +E opens the canopy.
Shift + 2 pops up the Hold Button window.
Shift +E+2 does both (with or without a pause and even in flight). Thanks Flameout.

robertorizzo
August 30th, 2011, 21:30
Shift+E (wait just brief moment) 2

It's an old problem but if you take the right timing it works. At the moment i do not remember if there's a switch in VC. On Sunday i'll be at home and i will look for it if you haven't already solved it.

deafal
August 30th, 2011, 22:33
Hey fellas, I persevered, thank you all. I progressed from opening the cockpit canopy and the popup window, to opening the canopy and extending the probe, then to just deploying the probe. Yep, it's in the touch and timing fer sure fer sure.

Now to figure out how to get the tanker into the sky instead of flying over it sitting sedately on the tarmac. :-(

Thanks mates, can't wait to get A1 all over the HUD,

Al