PDA

View Full Version : 'This Used To Be The Coolest Thing!'...

Panther_99FS
August 29th, 2011, 20:49
http://www.bonanza.com/listings/Vintage-1969-View-Master-Smokey-Bear-3-reel-set-story-book/38927527

Tako_Kichi
August 29th, 2011, 20:58
I loved mine as a kid. I remember I had reels covering the Royal Navy, the Queen Mary, rockets and missiles, the Swiss Alps as well as lots of cartoon sets. My mother bought herself a 'talking' view master when they first came out. They had a clear plastic disc attached to the picture reel which played a narrative as you looked at each picture.

Allen
August 29th, 2011, 21:06
I remember those! I can't help but look at one when I find them.

Gdavis101
August 29th, 2011, 22:07
When I moved the last time I gave a hole box of that stuff to my cousin, kind of wish I had held onto it now..

BurningBeard
August 30th, 2011, 15:45
Actually I'm looking at one right now. My father, who always marched to the beat of a different drummer, had a stereoptican camera (ie two lenses eye distance apart). I am currently slowly going through tons of pictures he shot an mounted and copying them to the computer. I "trained" my slide scanner to copy them and have found a program to convert the stereo pairs into viewable 3d using Red and Blue lenses. These start sometime in the fifties and run thru the 60's maybe even the early seventies.

Beard

Panther_99FS
August 30th, 2011, 17:00
Actually I'm looking at one right now. My father, who always marched to the beat of a different drummer, had a stereoptican camera (ie two lenses eye distance apart). I am currently slowly going through tons of pictures he shot an mounted and copying them to the computer. I "trained" my slide scanner to copy them and have found a program to convert the stereo pairs into viewable 3d using Red and Blue lenses. These start sometime in the fifties and run thru the 60's maybe even the early seventies.

Beard

:applause::applause::applause:

dvj
August 30th, 2011, 22:09
LOL. I still have mine and all the reels that came with it. (from 1962) Endless good times. :applause::applause::applause::applause::applause: :applause::applause: