PDA

View Full Version : cool pic!!

warfreak
September 26th, 2008, 16:28
this picture was not edited, I actually saw this with my own eyes!

Galdrier
April 7th, 2009, 06:17
wow!!!

MustangNightFighter
April 7th, 2009, 06:37
Called a Heritage Flight. Popular at airshows...

Pat Pattle
April 7th, 2009, 10:11
Hi Warfeak, glad to see your still around :wavey:

O-1Driver
April 7th, 2009, 14:30
That must have been a stirring sight. I bet the sound was not bad either.

o-1

Squiffy
April 7th, 2009, 16:35
Sound? Yeah-baby! That's the beauty of the current generation fighters. We remembered that dogfights happen and lowspeed high aoa handling is a good attribute to have. Carrier landings, air to air refueling. Two ship element formation at airshows. It's ALL GOOD!

:wiggle::wiggle:

hairyspin
April 7th, 2009, 22:00
So anyone going to an airshow or two this summer? I certainly plan to!

Pat Pattle
April 7th, 2009, 22:46
So anyone going to an airshow or two this summer? I certainly plan to!

It's a bit of a trelk to get anywhere from Devon, but Yeovilton and Dunkeswell are on my list :) Mind you, I think airshows in the UK have passed their peak years, I remember the Vulcan scrambles, Phantoms, f104's F5's Viggens, Drakkens, Mysteres, Mirages etc etc.
There seems less variety these days.

MustangNightFighter
April 8th, 2009, 07:24
I certainly would like to.

pete1
April 8th, 2009, 08:59
yeah,i'll be going to duxford,shuttleworth,southend and biggin hill.if you go to 1 show a year get to flying legends in july at duxford,it is awesome.

chriseponymous
April 9th, 2009, 16:20
Ive booked a nice hotel in Cambridge for the Legends weekend. Im hoping to get tickets for Saturday at the end of the month. Would love to have a flight in a Dragon Rapide again if my budget stretches that far as it finished the day off nicely last year. If I start up the home brew again that should save a few pennies :ernae:.

I was lucky enough to attend three airshows last year, Legends, Baxterly and Shoreham. Nothing needs to be said about the quality of Legends but Baxterly provided the chance to see a Hurricane take off from a grass strip the length and width of a cricket pitch! :gossip: It might of been slightly bigger... Im also hoping to visit Shoreham again this year if the Vulcan makes an appearance. Not overly keen on jets but it is something not to be missed!

hairyspin
April 9th, 2009, 21:59
I have to fit mine in with the hols, so RNAS Culdrose will be my likely visit - it's the centenary of Navy flying this year and I hope the Swordfish makes it. Pat, I hope you get a day at Yeovilton as good as two years ago and remember the sunscreen! :rapture:

Slaine
April 10th, 2009, 03:30
.....I remember the Vulcan scrambles, Phantoms.....

Aaahh... brings back memories of the Manston Air displays with the Hunter, Sea King, early Harriers and Tornados as well. I know I have tucked away somewhere a video recording of one of the lasts flights of the Vulcan. You know, the time when a handheld video recorder was the size of a small family car ? I stopped videoing displays as I find I can't enjoy it as much veiwing it in a small lcd screen. Now, if I could just find the tape and figure out a way of transfering it to the computer.....