PDA

View Full Version : Another pleasant security related story

wiltzei
August 27th, 2011, 10:32
Sounds pretty unbelievable if it turns to be "true".

http://vancegilbert.com/index.php?page=blog&display=2245

pfflyers
August 27th, 2011, 11:11
On the face of it, it certainly seems the flight crew overreacted to the threat he posed.

Obviously his first mistake was wanting to keep his fanny-pack in arm's reach, even though it must have gone through security. Maybe next time he could carry his wallet in his pocket (like a true patriotic American would).

But reading a book about airplanes...really?! That's considered theatening? Come on, I mean if I was a terrorist intent on disrupting a flight I don't think I would wait until I was on the plane to study up on how to do it.

I wonder what they'd have thought if he'd been flight-simming on his laptop.

robert41
August 27th, 2011, 11:33
I think there is more to this story then what we are reading. The airline pushes the red button because a passenger wants to keep his wallet under the seat instead of in the overhead, and is reading a book?

TARPSBird
August 27th, 2011, 11:53
My personal favorite story of airline security stupidity dates back to early 2002 when Marine Corps ace Joe Foss was hassled at Phoenix Sky Harbor Airport...
http://www.homeofheroes.com/news/archives/2002_0100_foss.html

Jagdflieger
August 27th, 2011, 12:27
I'm affraid TSA has no clue as to who the enemy is. With their pandering of PC correct procedures, they let unbathed, poorly dressed scumbags through without a second thought and then they give a GI traveling on an official passport and governmental orders to the war a high security check.

Of course that pales in comparison to them patting down babies, children and octogenarians.

Wish they'd get a clue.

Naismith
August 27th, 2011, 13:15
I think there is more to this story then what we are reading. The airline pushes the red button because a passenger wants to keep his wallet under the seat instead of in the overhead, and is reading a book?

Always is with these one sided tales of woe, and where in all that was the racial profiling?

Wittpilot
August 27th, 2011, 16:19
Its always easy to side with the individual/individuals being harrassed with these types of stories... And I personally am always left with asking myself, "Well, what should have happened." Did they overreact, yes... Was it racially driven? I don't think we could possibly know that unless you were one of the flight crew. I dislike the TSA just as much as the next aviation enthusiast, but I truly feel that in today's crazy messed up society, you are in a "damned if you do, and and damned if you don't " world..........