PDA

View Full Version : Just got this picture off a news website. Note the swimmer......

Navy Chief
August 26th, 2011, 06:42
Me thinks this swimmer ain't bein' too smart, what with Hurricane Irene about to descend on that area.......

NC

CWOJackson
August 26th, 2011, 07:00
Me thinks this swimmer ain't bein' too smart, what with Hurricane Irene about to descend on that area.......

NC

Hurricanes tend to bring out stupid; surfers, hurricane parties, etc. Unfortunately, all too often, responders will end up risking their lives for them.

Tako_Kichi
August 26th, 2011, 07:29
If he gets swept into those piles supporting the pier he won't need rescuing, he wouldn't even need a search for the body, he'd be shredded by all the barnacles living below the waterline. Those things have razor sharp shells and it would be like slamming his body down a cheese-grater! Instant chum! :isadizzy:

Willy
August 26th, 2011, 11:05
Storms tend to bring out the potential Darwin Award winners.

CWOJackson
August 26th, 2011, 11:33
I've often been asked what I thought of the movie "The Perfect Storm". I can't rightly say since I've never seen it and have no intention to ever see it. I spent way too much time trying to rescue people who deliberately placed themselves in jeopardy for one reason or another.

GT182
August 26th, 2011, 12:35
Proof yet again.... Ya can't fix Stupid.

Naismith
August 26th, 2011, 13:59
You assume he is swimming, I think he has dropped a $10 bill and is trying to retrieve it

Willy
August 26th, 2011, 14:37
As CWO mentioned, the sad part is that these are the idiots who will expect someone to risk their life to go in after them when they realize that they're in over their heads.

stansdds
August 27th, 2011, 03:46
Local governments have already said that when the winds hit tropical storm strength, don't bother calling 911 because they will not respond. I hate to say it, but sometimes the gene pool needs a good cleaning.

Prowler1111
August 27th, 2011, 19:41

NC

As a surfer i must say something
While itīs utterly stupid to surf under storm conditions (not to mention a hurricane) the size of those waves is nothing a surfer (and i mean someone with at least 5 yrs under his belt at the water) couldnīt handle.If you check Hawaii, you get 3 to 4 times those waves, Banzai Pipeline got itīs name for a reason.
So, i would not worry much about him.And as for the piles of the pier, itīs a meat grinder, yup but iīm sure he is already aware of it.Iīll finish with this, while most mortals consider surfer stupid ***holes , most of them are pretty clever or they wont get into old age..sure, there are quite some exceptions, but nature takes care of them and rarely get pass 30..

Best regards

Prowler