PDA

View Full Version : No Goat Milking today... Gonna build a Plane!

Piglet
August 25th, 2011, 19:14
http://youtu.be/CZt9xSUNJ4M
Well, can't say he didn't at least try!:jump:

OBIO
August 25th, 2011, 19:33
From piles of scrap and junk, he dared to reach for his dream of flight. Boldly and with no hesitation, he threw himself into the effort. While the plane itself was a failure, he was successful in building the plane....and through the failures of this attempt, he may have learned enough to succeed the next time.

Glancing briefly at some of the comments people posted, I can only say that YouTube really needs to stop allowing people to make comments...so much ignorance and racism. It simply sickened me reading just the few comments I did read.

OBIO

Navy Chief
August 25th, 2011, 19:44
http://youtu.be/CZt9xSUNJ4M
Well, can't say he didn't at least try!:jump:

Piglet,

You should recreate that "aircraft" so at least it will fly - virtually!

NC

oakfloor
August 25th, 2011, 20:35
He may look back one day and "Thank God the landing gear broke" or I would have killed my self in that thing..

SpitXIV
August 25th, 2011, 22:20
I'm fairly sure the Wright Brothers didn't get off the ground on their first time out.

:medals:

Thoe6969
August 26th, 2011, 03:02
I give the man a lot of credit.

AckAck
August 26th, 2011, 05:27
Reading the thread title, I thought Piglet was going to bless us with a new FS aircraft and came to see what new creation would draw him away from milking goats, but apparently I was mistaken... :icon_lol:

Brian

HouseHobbit
August 26th, 2011, 10:06
I have to give this Gentleman Credit.. Even if it never flies, He did try....
That counts for a lot in my Book..
BRAVO!!
:salute: :salute: :salute:

Blackbird686
August 26th, 2011, 12:01
Reminds me of a movie I saw once... "Theory of Flight". It was a good one.

BB686:USA-flag:

Wing_Z
August 26th, 2011, 13:29
Reading the thread title, I thought Piglet was going to bless us with a new FS aircraft and came to see what new creation would draw him away from milking goats, but apparently I was mistaken... :icon_lol:
Brian
Some say...Piglet only milks Bulls

Emil Frand
August 26th, 2011, 13:32
I dare say the Keyan airforce wont prove to be a threat anytime soon, I loved the guy welding without eye protection.........

Tako_Kichi
August 26th, 2011, 13:44
I loved the guy welding without eye protection.........
If you look closely he is using eye protection. He's got his eyes shut! :icon_lol:

Just how he hopes to weld anything together with no vision is another matter.

Wittpilot
August 26th, 2011, 14:36
I'm fairly sure the Wright Brothers didn't get off the ground on their first time out.

:medals:

I am sure Orville & Wilbur's trials didn't weigh nearly 1800lbs either!!!!!!

andersel
August 26th, 2011, 18:29
I've got to agree with OBIO on this. Every one of the links displayed at the end of the subject video are, to put it mildly, RACIST CRAP! If Youtube is going to show anything even remotely akin to that kind of TRIPE then they/it should not be on line at all. I don't thik that I'll ever be able to erase that stink of racist hatred from my mind.

LA

Piglet
August 26th, 2011, 19:12
Youtube has and will always be a trollers' paradise. Luckily, on some sites I go to, the comments can be quite educating and smart.
P.S.
On Youtube, I have seen some nasty stuff against whites, but like all the rest, I ignore it.

andersel
August 26th, 2011, 19:52
I know that I can't control what people think or say. And I would never want to. But some things just drive me freaking crazy and hate speech and imagery are two that REALLY PUSH MY BUTTONS! Sorry for the rant. I'll just continue to try and ignore all of the f##king idiots out there.

LA

stansdds
August 27th, 2011, 03:53
1800 pound aircraft... that's more than a Cessna 150 at maximum TO weight.

ThinkingManNeil
August 27th, 2011, 06:37
Glancing briefly at some of the comments people posted, I can only say that YouTube really needs to stop allowing people to make comments...so much ignorance and racism. It simply sickened me reading just the few comments I did read.

OBIO

It's "people" like those commenters that make me ashamed to be human. I ran into that kind of unthinking, narrowminded BS years ago in northern Alberta; it really is despicable.

As for the Kenyan gentleman trying to aviate, I think he'd be better off if someone gave him a simple ultralight kit, or, better yet, sponsor him to get in to a college or technical school with an aviation program as he's clearly very eager. I'd much rather that than him trying to get that craft into the air as it's grossly underpowered, probably grossly overweight, has highly questionable structural integrity (beyond just the landing gear problems), and has one of the worst cases of induced and parasitic drag I've ever seen. I'd hate to see his enthusiasm crushed by something that is likely never to fly, or worse, that he get badly hurt or killed by it if it did.

N.