PDA

View Full Version : A B & W HDR image from the latest Cruise-In

Cazzie
August 24th, 2011, 18:22
Just getting around to processing these. Took my big tripod along, kind of liked this, frames with nothing new in the composition, Rippe's has been in business in this location at the corner of Main St. and Floyd St. since the turn of the 20th century, since the demise of Dan River Mills, it is the longest running business in Danville.

Processed and post processed in Fhotoroom HDR, formerly known as Artizen HDR.

Caz

Panther_99FS
August 24th, 2011, 18:32
Now THAT is car.....:jump:

jmig
August 25th, 2011, 03:49
Oh I love that picture, Caz. It is so 1950's. I feel like I could ride my bike along the sidewalk and buy some bubble gum.

Cazzie
August 25th, 2011, 07:42
Oh I love that picture, Caz. It is so 1950's. I feel like I could ride my bike along the sidewalk and buy some bubble gum.

And take two Pepsi caps to the Rialto Theater to see a Saturday morning matinee for a nickel, usually one of those Japanese rubber monster sci-fi movies. :icon_lol:

I should mention Rippe's has always been in the store where the corner is visible on the left, the Rippe's Shoes is the former downtown ABC store. Ben Rippe (fifth generation owner) bought it from the Commonwealth real cheap and moved his show department into that store. It's real nice how Ben had the storefront done in Art Deco, Ben's that kind of guy.

Caz