PDA

View Full Version : Bit too much T-38 maybe?

peter12213
August 24th, 2011, 16:16

Skyhawk_310R
August 24th, 2011, 16:39
That's like having too much money or too much sex! It's not possible! LOL!!!

jmig
August 25th, 2011, 03:43
Lovely screen shot Peter.

I use to love being in the first early morning go, especially in the fall. It would be cool and quite, until the first engine cranked. I remember the blue taxi lights and the beginning of a new day.

It was a great way to start off the day. I can remember thanking God that I was able to be there being paid to fly jets.

Then to balance things out, their were the afternoon flights in August.....

Skyhawk_310R
August 25th, 2011, 14:49
My hand's down, no contest, favorite time to fly any airplane is early in the morning at daybreak on a spring or fall day. The air is crisp and thick and smooth! The engine loves the cool, thick air, and will reward you with excellent horsepower. The smooth air makes all flying an expression of joy.

The rising sun on the horizon highlights early morning clouds with a robust luster of red and gold.

Objects on the ground are highlighted by the low sun and glisten like pearls nestled in the ground.

The airplane floats etherially upon the air without a feel of air, as though there is a magical force that suspends the airplane and gravity no longer exists.

It is the point in time where it becomes so very clear why a human being longs to do this -- to pilot an airplane!

Ken

Bone
August 25th, 2011, 15:56

I use to love being in the first early morning go, especially in the fall. It would be cool and quite, until the first engine cranked. I remember the blue taxi lights and the beginning of a new day.

It was a great way to start off the day. I can remember thanking God that I was able to be there being paid to fly jets.

Roger that!

strykerpsg
August 25th, 2011, 16:18
My hand's down, no contest, favorite time to fly any airplane is early in the morning at daybreak on a spring or fall day. The air is crisp and thick and smooth! The engine loves the cool, thick air, and will reward you with excellent horsepower. The smooth air makes all flying an expression of joy.

The rising sun on the horizon highlights early morning clouds with a robust luster of red and gold.

Objects on the ground are highlighted by the low sun and glisten like pearls nestled in the ground.

The airplane floats etherially upon the air without a feel of air, as though there is a magical force the suspends the airplane and gravity no longer exists.

It is the point in time where it becomes so very clear why a human being longs to do this -- to pilot an airplane!

Ken

It's quotes like this that make me yearn to retire and acquire my pilots license utilizing my GI Bill.

Matt

muletrain
August 25th, 2011, 18:46
Yes, dawn flights in summer were great for all those reasons. They were also the best time for instructing/flying instruments. Solid, stable, cool air...as opposed to the August afternoon air when it was hot and full of thermals with mucho turbulence.

Roy

roger-wilco-66
August 25th, 2011, 22:57

John and Ken, your empathic words correspond perfectly with Peters beautiful screen shot. And make one yearn to go real world flying again....

Thanks,
Mark