PDA

View Full Version : Whoa Horsey!

OBIO
August 23rd, 2011, 21:18
Working on the Alpha Jag packs....pulled the FDE files from the KBT F-1 (Japanese built version of the Jag). Max and cruise speeds are spot on....but I can not get the plane to slow down. I know I can increase the induced drag scalar..which I will. But the air brakes/speed brakes aren't doing a thing to slow this bird down. How do I remedy that?

OBIO

Dev One
August 23rd, 2011, 23:17
Make sure that in the [airplane geometry] section of the .cfg file that there is an angle value for 'spoiler limit'
Then go into the .air file - make sure block 317 is set for Spoiler Available, then go down to block 1100 & look under the drag section for Cd_ds - spoiler drag & play with those figures.
HTH
Keith

bstolle
August 24th, 2011, 01:19
Are you sure that they don't slow the plane down at all? Most of the time speedbrakes are way overdone in FSX planes and IRL they aren't even 50% as effective as many people think.

fliger747
August 24th, 2011, 20:22
If you don't have it, I reccomend the AFSD utility by Herve Sors (googles easily anywhere but China) which will quantatively show everything you want to know about the goings on with the aircraft in real time, including spoiler deflection, drag etc.

Cheers: Tom