PDA

View Full Version : AI carriers 2 question

XLR8
August 23rd, 2011, 11:37
After about a million tries I think I got the program to work. But in the process I created a mistake.Not thinking,I was sitting of a land runway when I decided to place a carrier. So this huge ship now sits on the runway. How can I move it or remove it. Thanks.

Sieggie
August 23rd, 2011, 11:46
Just go to the menu you used to create the ship and delete it and start again. I do this all the time in my rush to get the carrier started while facing the aircraft in the wrong direction :)

Dave

robertorizzo
August 23rd, 2011, 11:54
1) choose an anfibian or a seaplane, place it in a seaport or on the water, then Shift+J, choose the configuration, then 1 if you want the ship just where you are, or 2 a mile ahead and so on. Choosing 5 you can place the ship in a fix point, (press alt to see the map).
2) choose an aircraft and place it on an airfield close to the sea, take off and fly to the open sea, then again Shift+J, choose the ship, then 1 or2,3. You will see it just 1,4 or 10 miles in front of you. Then again Shift+J and 1 to start its motion, and so on.

Try it, it's not difficult at all. Enjoy it!

Roadburner440
August 23rd, 2011, 15:14
I do this for fun sometimes as it is just funny to see a ship driving on land. :icon_lol: Good news with AI Carriers is you can place a ship anywhere in the world with a click of the mouse... Bad news with AI Carriers is also that you can place a ship anywhere in the world with a click of the mouse. All you have to do is press Shift+J and select delete on the menu, and you are good to go! I usually just fly toward water and then once I cross the coastline either create a ship 1 or 5 miles off in the distance, and set it in motion.

XLR8
August 23rd, 2011, 19:16
Thanks again guy. got it figured out.

DarrenL
August 24th, 2011, 12:11
You could try - Cold aircraft (engine off), on runway near water. Press "Y" to go into slew mode and move your aircraft onto the water, move vertically up a bit (you can use the joystick to move and rotate and the "Q" & "A" keys for up/down IIRC) then select your aircraft carrier which will appear below, move your aircraft down to the deck and press "Y" to leave slew mode.