PDA

View Full Version : roush to fly again

Daveroo
August 22nd, 2011, 08:27
Jack Roush ready to resume flying: It was a year ago when Sprint Cup car owner Jack Roush arrived at MIS with facial injuries, making his return to the series after he had crash-landed his plane in Oshkosh, Wis., the previous month. Roush, 69, enjoys flying his planes as much as he loves motor sports, and that is why he's so excited to return to piloting this week at Willow Run Airport for the first time since the crash. "I'm totally recovered," said Roush, of Livonia, wearing his trademark Panama-style hat while signing autographs. "I just got my medical back from the FAA, indicating that I'm medically sound and I'm without restriction. I have one more validation flight for the (injured) eye and I have that Tuesday. Once I get that done I can fly anything I did before. I plan to fly Tuesday." Roush suffered a ruptured left eyeball, broken jaw, damaged left cheekbone and had a compression fracture in his back from the crash. He said at the time "that everything will come back except the sight in my left eye."(Detroit News (http://detnews.com/article/20110822/SPORTS03/108220337/Team-owner-Jack-Roush-ready-to-resume-flying))(8-22-2011)