PDA

View Full Version : wierd water

fallenphoenix1986
August 22nd, 2011, 08:24
Seems my copy of FSX has taken it upon itself to screw with me again. As of yesterday the water from about 5 miles out infront apears to swirl, kind of hard to explain the effect. If I look sideways however everything apears as beforehand. I've made no alterations to the graphics settings either in game or on my card.

running a Radeon HD5850 with 8.871.0.0 drivers
I7 875k

Everything in FSX maxed out.

Seems all I do these days is look for help getting this thing to behave itself:mixedsmi:

Craig

huub vink
August 23rd, 2011, 06:12
And when you move the slider "water effect" a bit backwards?

Huub

fallenphoenix1986
August 23rd, 2011, 06:29
Makes no difference, I switched to DX10 preview mode and it lessened the effect significantly, but now I get the flickering taxiways... Can just about live with that though since all I really do is carrier ops.
Would still be nice to know how my set up managed to get screwed up in the first place :banghead:

Craig

huub vink
August 23rd, 2011, 14:17
I assume you have already played with the slides. Sliding a few other silders a bit backwards to make some additional resources available for the water effect seems to be a logical thing to do as well.

A while back Roger posted a link to utility which checked your fsx.cfg file. It might be an idea to run this utility.
However I must confess I have lost the url, when the power supply from my other PC died.

Huub

Edit: Found the link again: http://forum.avsim.net/topic/318918-automated-tweaking-and-tuning-tool-for-fsx/