PDA

View Full Version : 31st. Annual Wings Over Camarillo Airshow, Day 2

coolguy3
August 21st, 2011, 17:17
Hi Everyone - I went up to the 31st. Annual Wings Over Camarillo Aishow today and
here is my album of shots I took:

http://s574.photobucket.com/albums/ss183/SWVA4420/Wings Over Camarillo 2011/

Some great aerobatics, formation flying, and high speed passes were performed.

They had the following WWII vintage aircraft, still airworthy, and closed out the show with all of them doing fly-bys...AWESOME!!!!

1 Spitfire
2 P38's
2 Japanese Zeros (there are six of them still in existence...two were at that show!)
1 P40
2 P51's
1 Grumman Corsair
1 B25 Bomber

...and others!

A great way to spend a Sunday afternoon!

Enjoy!

demorier
August 21st, 2011, 22:27
Thanks for the pic's cool, they were.....cool.

napamule
August 22nd, 2011, 10:06
Cool,
I never get tired of watching Air Show pics. Nice ones. Ran it as a slide show and it was enjoyable that way. But, for some reason, I kept saying 'finger!' (hehe). Thanks for sharing.
Chuck B
Napamule

stansdds
August 22nd, 2011, 10:31
Hi Everyone - I went up to the 31st. Annual Wings Over Camarillo Aishow today and
here is my album of shots I took:

http://s574.photobucket.com/albums/ss183/SWVA4420/Wings Over Camarillo 2011/ (http://s574.photobucket.com/albums/ss183/SWVA4420/Wings%20Over%20Camarillo%202011/)

Some great aerobatics, formation flying, and high speed passes were performed.

They had the following WWII vintage aircraft, still airworthy, and closed out the show with all of them doing fly-bys...AWESOME!!!!

1 Spitfire
2 P38's
2 Japanese Zeros (there are six of them still in existence...two were at that show!)
1 P40
2 P51's
1 Grumman Corsair
1 B25 Bomber

...and others!

A great way to spend a Sunday afternoon!

Enjoy!

Nice pics, but there is no such thing as a Grumman Corsair. What you saw was a Chance Vought F4U-1A Corsair, which happens to be the oldest Corsair still flying in the U.S. Did I mention you got some nice pics? :applause:

coolguy3
August 22nd, 2011, 11:20
Nice pics, but there is no such thing as a Grumman Corsair. What you saw was a Chance Vought F4U-1A Corsair, which happens to be the oldest Corsair still flying in the U.S. Did I mention you got some nice pics? :applause:

Thanks...nobody's perfect! :redface: And yeah, some of the pics have my finger intruding...the sun was VERY bright yesterday, and I was taking a lot of those shots "blindly" just holding my phone up and shooting....I was surprised that I was able to get a few flying shots so clearly!

napamule
August 23rd, 2011, 12:16
CoolGuy3,
Well now. If they were 'phone' pics then they are EXCELLENT quality. Thought it was a digital camera. Shoot, those are very good pics for a 'phone'. You could edit out the finger with Photo Suite program (for next time).

I have a very nice Kodak Z950 that I just love as it also takes hi-def video (I put it on a jig on my dash and take videos of me driving the freeways and byways-'proof' in case of TC). $139 on sale.
Chuck B
Napamule

coolguy3
August 24th, 2011, 18:24
Hi Chuck,

The first 24 shots were done with my digital camera, but the battery quit, so I switched to using my iPhone 4 to take the remaining pics. I'm amazed by that phone!

Cheers!
Jim

David_L6
August 25th, 2011, 13:31
Very nice! Thanks for the pictures.