PDA

View Full Version : Three Years Ago This Last Thursday

OBIO
August 21st, 2011, 16:18
It's hard to believe that this past Thursday...the 18th....marked the 3 year anniversary of Deb's brain surgery to remove a non-cancerous tumor the size of a lemon. 3 years! Most days, it feels like it was just yesterday that this life changing event took place...other days it feels like a life time ago.

How did we mark this anniversary? Deb spent the day watching horror and thriller movies on Netflix. It was no big deal to her. Me...I bought her some presents to mark the anniversary. Being a cornball at heart, I bought her things for her head. Some pretty new hair thingies...the big semi-circular ones that women use to hold their bangs back...I have no idea what they're called. And two nice plush up-scale bed pillows...she is all about pillows.

The last three years have been rough at times, but we have made it through. And will continue to do so for many years to come. Me and my Blue-Eyed Debra Jean....we make quite a pair.

OBIO

TARPSBird
August 21st, 2011, 16:26
Medical problems can sure turn a family upside down and inside out. From your posts here and from the personal contact we've had I can tell that you and Deb are good folks and I wish you all the best. :)

paiken
August 21st, 2011, 16:52
It's hard to believe that this past Thursday...the 18th....marked the 3 year anniversary of Deb's brain surgery to remove a non-cancerous tumor the size of a lemon. 3 years! Most days, it feels like it was just yesterday that this life changing event took place...other days it feels like a life time ago.

OBIO

I know exactly how you feel...it's been just over three years ago that Joan had her first transplant, and just over 1 1/2 years since the second. We were just discussing with our son how great it is to be together after all of the ordeals (he's home for the summer). Joan's doctors now give her another 25-30 years, when 18 months ago they gave her about a week. We are thankful and greatful to all of the doctors and nurses who gave her such excellent care during her illness, and equally thankful and greatful to all of our friends (Sim-Outhouse included) who gave their support willingly and unselfishly.
So here's to you and Deb, Obio...and a long life together. :guinness:
Pat & Joan

Jagdflieger
August 21st, 2011, 18:26
Wonderful that the surgery was so successful! Hopefully we'll be reading a sequil to this in another three years.

HouseHobbit
August 22nd, 2011, 00:29
Wonderful!!
And there is Much rejoicing!!!:applause: :applause: :applause:
May Our Lord continue to Bless you both..
:engel016: