Preparing a wonderful model !
Did You see animations of pilot?

ZsoltB
August 21st, 2011, 01:39
Yes!

But when will it be available?

YoYo
August 21st, 2011, 01:59
They told about end of summer, first days of autumn.

Murray Cod
August 21st, 2011, 02:33
looks great to me :applause:

khaast
August 21st, 2011, 04:05
What's up with the constant flames in the cans back there? Apart from that, a super addon it seems :jump:

skyhawka4m
August 21st, 2011, 07:48
looking forward to this one for sure.....:applause:

LouP
August 21st, 2011, 12:27
Look's nice but it raises a question in my head that I've had for a while. Where and how the heck does the military's aircraft designations come from? It looks like this could just as easily been a "B" instead of an "F". And how did we get from here to the F-14, F-15, etc.? Where's the F-113, the F-1, the F-2...etc. And what happened to the "P"s? We no longer persue enemy aircraft?

I'm just asking. :icon_lol:

LouP

jmig
August 21st, 2011, 17:02
Look's nice but it raises a question in my head that I've had for a while. Where and how the heck does the military's aircraft designations come from? It looks like this could just as easily been a "B" instead of an "F". And how did we get from here to the F-14, F-15, etc.? Where's the F-113, the F-1, the F-2...etc. And what happened to the "P"s? We no longer persue enemy aircraft?

LouP

The F-111 was one of the last of the "Century Series" fighters. I was originally supposed to be a multipurpose all in one fight-bomber. There was a FB-111 version flown by SAC.

jessie r.
August 21st, 2011, 17:26
Great work guy's how much is it going to be?

Kiwikat
August 21st, 2011, 17:43
What's up with the constant flames in the cans back there?

THIS. It looks completely unrealistic and even silly. Please fix that before you think about releasing it. :kilroy:

Sundog
August 21st, 2011, 19:53

LouP

They decided to stop going up in number and start over again and to amalgamate the Air Force, Navy and Marine designations. The F-110 Spectre was the original name of the USAF variant of the Phantom II. It obviously became the F-4 with the new designations.

As for the F-113, that was the designation given to the some of the Russian aircraft tested by the Red Hat squadron, but as YF-113 (Y stands for Prototype in normal deisgnation parlance). Those numbers were also used for classified aircraft. The YF-117A was the Nighthawk, The Tacit Blue was the YF-117D. The MiG-21 was the YF-110.

You can check out the designation change here, U.S. Tri-Service Designation 1962 (http://www.secretprojects.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,7683.0.html).

You can check out the "secret" designation numbers here, Cover Designations. (http://www.designation-systems.net/usmilav/coverdesignations.html)

Quicksand
August 22nd, 2011, 09:16
Looks awesome.... Cant wait for this one to be released... :applause:

LouP
August 22nd, 2011, 18:54
They decided to stop going up in number and start over again and to amalgamate the Air Force, Navy and Marine designations. The F-110 Spectre was the original name of the USAF variant of the Phantom II. It obviously became the F-4 with the new designations.

As for the F-113, that was the designation given to the some of the Russian aircraft tested by the Red Hat squadron, but as YF-113 (Y stands for Prototype in normal deisgnation parlance). Those numbers were also used for classified aircraft. The YF-117A was the Nighthawk, The Tacit Blue was the YF-117D. The MiG-21 was the YF-110.

You can check out the designation change here, U.S. Tri-Service Designation 1962 (http://www.secretprojects.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,7683.0.html).

You can check out the "secret" designation numbers here, Cover Designations. (http://www.designation-systems.net/usmilav/coverdesignations.html)

Thanks, interesting but I think I am more confused now lol :isadizzy:

LouP :mixedsmi:

StormILM
August 22nd, 2011, 20:30
THIS. It looks completely unrealistic and even silly. Please fix that before you think about releasing it. :kilroy:

I can assure you that if they do not, I can fix it just as I did with Roland's Rafale pack which the effect setup was nearly the same(constant exhaust flame). Yes, very unrealistic!

Lateral-G
August 23rd, 2011, 07:49
Cool! :applause:

JAllen
August 23rd, 2011, 08:38
LouP, the aircraft designations were numbers associated with mission design specifications from Dept of Defense. Some designs never actually produced an aircraft so some numbers just didn't see light of day. Then, the DoD one day just reset the counter to "1" and from then on all services share the same numbering.

Govt attempt to save money on ink, just cost effective to type F4 instead of F114.

Jim

LouP
August 23rd, 2011, 15:49
Some designs never actually produced an aircraft so some numbers just didn't see light of day.

OK, thanks, starting to make more sense.

LouP

JAllen
August 23rd, 2011, 20:06
Making sense of some Govt actions is a hopeless cause! Sometimes it just is what it is.