PDA

View Full Version : Moller-400 "New Digs"

falcon409
August 20th, 2011, 11:03
Decided it was time for some new paint on my Skycar and so I set to work repainting each of the variants in a larger format to increase the clarity. I finished the Coast Guard livery and decided I needed a new "Luxury Touring" model as well. I still have the interior console to redo, but the exterior and interior are done along with a nice new shirt, tie and slacks for the pilot.

napamule
August 20th, 2011, 17:04
Wow, haven't seen (or flown) that since 2009. Rob Barendgret files? (I made my own VTOL FDEs-work good). I lost a hard drive, but I bet the engines would show 20 hours. I still have the Skycar in backup hanger for FS9. But in FSX? I need to see about trying it in FSX. The secret is what panel (ie: gauges) you use, I guess? Nice 'coat' of paint you got there. But, I like mine fire engine RED and all shiny. Thanks for sharing.
Chuck B
Napamule

falcon409
August 20th, 2011, 18:17
Rob did an entirely new version for FSX including the FDE. I would look for the new version since all gauges are obviously compatible. To each his own on the FDE, but IMHO there isn't anyone better at VTOL than Rob, so I would go with what he has done with the FSX version. There is an extensive readme that should actually be read before you fly.

napamule
August 21st, 2011, 01:01
Oh, I am VERY familiar with Rob's gauges (all of them). I read the instructions (twice) and then try his gauges out. I think he is brilliant. Lots of work goes into making those gauges work. I go over the xml out of curiousity. Boggles the mind. So I respect and admire Rob's work. It's that I opt to work with the cfg and air files for dynamics. I have the time. And my FDEs make those VTOL 'go vertical' (with practice).

If I didn't have the time (or the hard-headedness) I would surely welcome Rob's files, as that would be the only way one would be able to fly VTOL in the sims. Dumbs it all down, as otherwise some 'helicopter' type flying would be involved, and some people just don't have the time to 'learn' that either. VTOL 'For Dummies' (hehe).
Chuck B
Napamule

rcbarend
August 21st, 2011, 02:35
Decided it was time for some new paint on my Skycar and so I set to work repainting each of the variants in a larger format to increase the clarity. I finished the Coast Guard livery and decided I needed a new "Luxury Touring" model as well. I still have the interior console to redo, but the exterior and interior are done along with a nice new shirt, tie and slacks for the pilot.
Hi Ed,

Can I buy the Elite one ...??? :icon_lol:

Still interrested in it, 'cause of the announced testflight event in October. IF that is really held as scheduled.
Especially curious which version (IF ANY) will be used: the old T-tail, or the folding-wings version as Stephen and I modelled it according to Moller's insight back in July 2008.

:guinness: Rob

falcon409
August 21st, 2011, 07:06
Hi Ed,

Can I buy the Elite one ...??? :icon_lol:

Still interested in it, 'cause of the announced test flight event in October. IF that is really held as scheduled.
Especially curious which version (IF ANY) will be used: the old T-tail, or the folding-wings version as Stephen and I modeled it according to Moller's insight back in July 2008.

:guinness: Rob
Yea, I got that e-mail also Rob and I would love to see the folding wings version actually fly this time, maybe make a circuit and land and not be tied to a tether again, lol. Time will tell I guess. In a few days I'll upload several of the updated textures (4096x4096), including the Elite.:salute:

rcbarend
August 21st, 2011, 09:39
Yea, I got that e-mail also Rob and I would love to see the folding wings version actually fly this time, maybe make a circuit and land and not be tied to a tether again, lol. Time will tell I guess. In a few days I'll upload several of the updated textures (4096x4096), including the Elite.:salute:
I assume you noted my IFs
:icon_lol:

I'll certainly download your new textures when you have uploaded them.

Cheers, Rob

falcon409
August 21st, 2011, 09:53
I assume you noted my IFs
:icon_lol:

I'll certainly download your new textures when you have uploaded them.

Cheers, Rob
Yes, I actually took special note of the IF's, lol.:salute:

napamule
August 22nd, 2011, 01:00
But are they 'real' textures (hehe). The real SkyCar seems to be in the news, but did not read up on that. It's BAAAACK. Anyway, made a video to show my dynamics (or lack thereoff-ha). It's helicopter dynamics. No flaps or pitch trim or spoiler to fool with. All stick and throttle. But it's so tame and solid flyer that I just had to show off a little. (ie: I'M TOO GOOD). Enjoy.
Chuck B
Napamule
Link:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ISfFSmULl48

falcon409
August 23rd, 2011, 20:54
New HD textures upload at 11:50PM (CST).:salute:

rcbarend
August 24th, 2011, 08:02
New HD textures upload at 11:50PM (CST).:salute:
Hi Ed,

Where? at SOH or avsim/flightsim ?

Rob

EDIT: Should have looked first...:) Found it on SOH.
THanks !!!

falcon409
August 24th, 2011, 09:56
Hi Ed,

Where? at SOH or avsim/flightsim ?

Rob

EDIT: Should have looked first...:) Found it on SOH.
THanks !!!
ooops, yea shoulda been more clear. . . I only upload to SOH!:salute: