PDA

View Full Version : Skeeter repelent that works!

OBIO
August 19th, 2011, 11:52
Forget OFF and DEET and that stuff...most of it doesn't work, at least not with the rabid Ohio Skeeters and Flies.

The other night, we were at my mom-in-law/pop-in-law's place, sitting around the fire pit and getting ate up by skeeters. MIL goes in and comes out with a bottle of stuff and says "Here use some of this". As soon as we put it on, the skeeters left us alone.

What was the stuff? Avon Skin So Soft. A lotion! Not a bug repelent. A freaking skin lotion. Worked like a charm and made my skin....well, so soft. I did smell like a big hairy gurl...but at least the skeeters weren't sucking out my blood faster than my bone marrow could produce it.

OBIO

CWOJackson
August 19th, 2011, 12:27
The mosquitoes will still land on you they just don't bite. A lot of folks have been using it for the last 25 or so years that I know of. It doesn't work for chiggers though.

TeaSea
August 19th, 2011, 12:43
Yep, long recommended for the field when I was on active duty. You also don't smell so nasty, and as you said....your skin, well, it feels so soft.

Chiefs right about the chiggers though....deet does work for those.

Daveroo
August 19th, 2011, 12:53
youth guyths........

Navy Chief
August 19th, 2011, 12:56
I used Skin So Soft when on detachment at NAS Roosevelt Roads, PR. Those "screaming meemie" gnats were awful, and the Avon product really helped. The mosquitoes here where I am, however, don't seem to be impressed with Skin So Soft; they still go after me.

NC

napamule
August 19th, 2011, 17:39
You're not supposed to DRINK it...:icon_lol:

SpitXIV
August 19th, 2011, 19:17
The skeeters were really bad in Casper Wyoming when I lived there. Never tried the skin lotion though. My father had a nightmare once that he was being carried off by a really big skeeter.
that should give you a hint. My father passed in 1966.

modelr
August 20th, 2011, 09:50
Have used Avon Skin So Soft for years. Works great on skeeters and gnats. But, as mentioned before, chiggers just dive right in. Problem now is that no one sells it locally any more in my area.

Panther_99FS
August 20th, 2011, 11:29
Yep,
I remember one of previous squadrons buying boxes of Skin So Soft....